no toilets at job centre

Options

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posh shops don't make their customers sit around waiting for hours to see them
  • sharski
    sharski Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    And I've yet to see someone having to wait for 'hours' in the JC!!!
    Oops!! Should I have posted this??? Some users don't think I shouldn't be offering advice due to my occupation!!! :confused:
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    sharski wrote: »
    And I've yet to see someone having to wait for 'hours' in the JC!!!

I have spent hours in them searching for jobs. It is easily done. Far quicker to search online if you can.
  • Tobiwan_Kenobi
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Posh shops don't make their customers sit around waiting for hours to see them

You compare your local JCP to a "posh shop"??? I'd love to know what you class as a posh shop!
    “I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
    Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)
  • wishface
    wishface Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    Options
    Pssst wrote: »
    No the genuine unemployed are a distinct group from the underclass though they may all pitch up at the job centre but for different purposes-the unemployed to seek work and the underclass to avoid it.
    sorry, who are these underclass? I have no idea what you are talking about other than spouting typical divisive elitist nonsense Mr Littlejohn.
  • vegankris
    vegankris Posts: 585 Forumite
    Options
    If, like 10% of the population, any of you have IBS, did you know you can get a "can't wait" card from The Gut Trust so that they'll have to let you use their loos? http://www.theguttrust.org/campaigns HTH

Incidentally they are also campaigning for better public toilet provision.
    Owing to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off until further notice. :(

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!!:cool:
  • sharski
    Options
    I am well are of this scheme - I actually have a partner with Crohn's disease...

However, that doesn't change a thing - if someone has severe bowel problems, I don't think there would be a problem asking to use the loo... I'm sure all offices just play it by ear.

FWIW... is there ANYTHING that pleases you about the JC, wishface - or do you just like stirring for the sake of it???
    Oops!! Should I have posted this??? Some users don't think I shouldn't be offering advice due to my occupation!!! :confused:
  • freeoffers
    freeoffers Posts: 395 Forumite
    Options
    Depends on the building i believe. some JCs have toilets and some older ones do not. They really all should have toilets especially as some people bring their children to eth job centre and have to wait around a while.

When i was unemplyed i never wanted to spend too long in the JC anywayso going to the toilet never crossed my mind. Yeah, at times they would keep me waiting but i was unemployed so it wasnt like i had a job to get to!
  • sharski
    Options
    And once again I ask............. who will man them, clean them, maintain them?????????????????????????????
  • zappster1966
    zappster1966 Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    sharski wrote: »
    And once again I ask............. who will man them, clean them, maintain them?????????????????????????????

Offer it to the first sod who signs on there on Monday morning.

And if they refuse ?

Nuke their benefit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family