no toilets at job centre

Options

Comments

• sharski
    sharski Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    And ask yourself why the loos are being removed from public buildings.... possibly the rise of antisocial behaviour & inappropriate use of facilities???
    Oops!! Should I have posted this??? Some users don't think I shouldn't be offering advice due to my occupation!!! :confused:
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    sharski wrote: »
    And ask yourself why the loos are being removed from public buildings.... possibly the rise of antisocial behaviour & inappropriate use of facilities???

Or perhaps councils not wanting the responsibility or maintaining them or updating them for disabled access. There are plans to pay pubs and cafes to act as public toilets. Lots of public building never had toilets in the first place as a means to keep costs down. That was fine when there were public toilets now there aren't it is a problem.

As for removing public facilities due to anti-social behavior we would have to raze entire towns to the ground if that reasoning was allowed to rule!
  • wishface
    wishface Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    Options
    Pssst wrote: »
    I feel your pain...and discomfort however the problem is that if public facilities are provided they have to be maintained ('elf n safety) and the other thing is that the underclass tends to use them for nefarious purposes.
    what a charming way to talk about people on the dole.

sorry you lazy scumbags, you can't have toilets as clearly you are all druggies or terrorists.
  • sharski
    sharski Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    wishface... how convenient that you only quote this post with no mention of the explanation that followed...
    Oops!! Should I have posted this??? Some users don't think I shouldn't be offering advice due to my occupation!!! :confused:
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    But surely the govt has an endless pot of money to sort out these things! Maybe they could have attendants too, and a cloakroom? ;)

Scented handwash and free perfume, anyone?
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options

Lots of local libraries are the same too, no toilets!

How many shops (except for supermarkets) have toilets when the people using them really are customers?
  • lili2008
    lili2008 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    Scented handwash and free perfume, anyone?

:D Nooooooooooo.............

How I loathe those 'helpful attendants' who try to wash your hands for you and spray you with some cheap old flyspray then demand a quid. WHY do places have them?
    :idea:
  • bc3000
    bc3000 Posts: 758 Forumite
    Options
    In the JCP I worked at there were toilets for staff and if anyone wanted to use the toilet we'd have to let them through the door you can only get through with a card thingy, and wait for them..
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    How many shops (except for supermarkets) have toilets when the people using them really are customers?

Most high street shops don't have toilets for customers, other than supermarkets. Councils are planning to pay pubs, cafes and shops to let the public use their facilities as there are no longer enough public toilets in town.

If your point is that non-customers will use library toilets this is easily overcome using the barcode on library tickets to open the doors, lots of stores use a similar method. Every local resident is of course a library customer though whether or not they use the library.
  • zappster1966
    zappster1966 Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Our public toilets (in a DWP office) were closed because people were shooting up in them, leaving needles all over the place, planking heroin above the ceiling tiles etc etc.

Final straw was when one gentleman decided to use the cubicle as his very own personal masturbation zone. I know sometimes we get a queue developing out at reception ... but having a w**k while you wait ? Bit extreme.

All that mess to clean up ? No wonder the cleaner refused, don't blame her either.

Ain't the Job Centres fault. Blame the public.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure