PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Where has Biotex gone

Options

Comments

• AmandaHurst
    Options
    Thank you Geordie Joe! If that's the case then there is still hope as the product still exists! Hurrah! However, I refuse to believe that a Waitrose employee would have deliberately lied to me - I mean Waitrose is a part of John Lewis and it just isn't possible ;) I shall put it down as a misunderstanding. I will get onto Sara Lee, in the US and the Netherlands. Perhaps all of us Biotex fans can have a crate of the stuff shipped over specially!!
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    julietiff wrote: »

It says it's out of stock.

I had a look on the Sarah Lee UK website and it didn't mention biotex as one of the brands available in the UK, and on the global site, the Netherlands was the nearest place to the UK for EU stockists, so maybe it's no longer available over here. :confused:
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Superdrug used to do a version of Biotex - it was in a cardboard box like the Bio.

Have you tried Ace bleach decanted into a spray bottle? That is pretty good and its more economical to use that way. Also I recently saw Aggie (of Kim and Aggie) saying that she believed fairy liquid to be the best stain remover.

I agree Vanish is horribly expensive. There is also that Napisan stuff which is good for removing stains. Sell it in Waitrose - about £2.00 a box.
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    Gigervamp wrote: »

I had a look on the Sarah Lee UK website and it didn't mention biotex as one of the brands available in the UK, and on the global site, the Netherlands was the nearest place to the UK for EU stockists, so maybe it's no longer available over here. :confused:

True it is getting difficult to find - can't find it in France either, but I live close to Belgium where I have been able to buy it still.
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gigervamp wrote: »

I am off to Amsterdam in two weeks with my DD to see U2 and I shall have a look and see if I can buy any whilst I am there, as it really is a great product for getting rid of stains I think that Vanish is rubbish and a waste of money
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I am off to Amsterdam in two weeks with my DD to see U2 and I shall have a look and see if I can buy any whilst I am there, as it really is a great product for getting rid of stains I think that Vanish is rubbish and a waste of money

The Netherlands site for Biotex also has about 6 other Biotex products, so look out for them too and let us know what you find.

http://www.biotex.nl/index.asp
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I will get onto Sara Lee, in the US and the Netherlands. Perhaps all of us Biotex fans can have a crate of the stuff shipped over specially!!

I would be interested in what Sara Lee/Biotex have to say about it. Please let us know if you get a reply.
  • SomethingWitty_2
    Options
    Shame about Biotex :( Poundland were recently selling lots of "Fake" vanish stuff recently - can;t vouch for the quality I'm afraid.

Agree with the sentiment about fairy liquid - It's great for getting mud out of jeans. It is not meant for fabric really but my jeans seem fine - I scrub the stains with fairy liquid (so this is bit useless for delicate I spose) til mostly gone, rinse a bit, then pop them in the wash. Since I figure this rinses off any remaining liquid, no harm done! :D
  • Waxy_Bean
    Waxy_Bean Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maryb wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, I was trying to get some Biotex with no luck and I was going to post a question to ask if anything else works to get out bloodstains. Anyone know if just presoaking in bio washing powder would work?

Soaking in salty water removes bloodstains.
    2009 winnings: private box at the ballet, a cooking lesson with Jean Christophe Novelli, a case of wine, £25 itunes downloads, a candle, Football Manager PC game, a lipstick, £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport