PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Where has Biotex gone

Options
Biotex seems to have disappeared off the shelves of the supermarkets to be replaced by the ridiculously expensive absolutely useless Vanish.

I have got two shirts today that I have done a pre wash with using the c**p vanish and they are still stained.

I am so cross, I have searched the net to see if I can buy it online, I have found one supplier but its out of stock.

Help.
£2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 June 2009 at 6:49PM
    Options
    The Pound Shop sells it.

Edited-
    Nope, sorry, it's the 99p shop.

lol
    Bulletproof
  • Mel2
    Mel2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    My local tesco still sells it .
  • AmandaHurst
    Options
    I wish I could help but, sadly, it appears the company that owns Biotex has gone into administration. I learned all this at my local Waitrose yesterday when I asked a member of staff why there was no Biotex on the shelves. It being Waitrose (as opposed to one of the more useless supermarkets where no-one gives a damn), someone went off and checked for me and that was the info that came back. Apparently, the Vanish people can spend an awful lot of money advertising their "ridiculously expensive and absolutely useless" product (a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with) and this results in pushing proper old-fashioned products that actually WORK out of the market. A sad day indeed as only Biotex got all the food stains out of my messy toddler's clothes and the City grime out of my husbands shirt cuffs. I've spent all morning trying to find it online to no avail. Anyone know if Aylesbury has a 99p Store?
  • AmandaHurst
    Options
    Have just discovered Biotex is available on eBay - at a ludicrous price. Do you want to £6.19 badly enough?
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the information, I was trying to get some Biotex with no luck and I was going to post a question to ask if anything else works to get out bloodstains. Anyone know if just presoaking in bio washing powder would work?

I'd still like to get some Biotex if I can. Old fashioned hardware shops might still have some in stock, I'm going to look in the village on Monday
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    I am now feeling very smug that I bought a box of Biotex about 6 weeks ago :D

I have in the past used green fairy soap for stubborn stains on stuff. Just wet the stain and rub on the soap.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone know if Aylesbury has a 99p Store?

Enter your postcode HERE

I use green household soap too, fab stuff :D
    Bulletproof
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    What is this Biotex and WHY have I never heard of it before?:eek::eek::eek:

And is the Fairy Green soap this stuff found in the aisle beside all the washing powder?

Cos i have never found a decent stain remover either:cool:
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wish I could help but, sadly, it appears the company that owns Biotex has gone into administration. I learned all this at my local Waitrose yesterday when I asked a member of staff why there was no Biotex on the shelves. It being Waitrose (as opposed to one of the more useless supermarkets where no-one gives a damn), someone went off and checked for me and that was the info that came back.

I suspect that the Waitrose person was telling you a load of carp. She probably went into the back and was told not to tell you that Waitrose had stopped selling it, that would look bad for Waitrose. So she made up an excuse that Waitrose can't be blamed for.

Why do I think that? Because Biotex is made by Sara Lee, and that is a very big company that is nowhere near being in administration. It own many brands worldwide including Douwe Egberts, Brylcreem, Radox, Sanex, Ambi Pur, Vapona and Kiwi.

Biotex is still available in many countries throught Europe, but I don't know why it is not available in the UK any more.

Try these links

http://www.biotex.com/

http://www.saralee.com/OurBrands/AllBrands.aspx
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Local 99p store doesn't have it but did have Stardrops with ammonia which I've never been able to find before.
    Wilkos no good also Poundland didn't have it. Tried Morrisons as well.

Biotex was brilliant for cleaning oven shelves. Ah well, this is progress
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure