Consumer Voice Panel CCB Fastmap

Options

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Logovo69 wrote: »
    Just out of interest as this was a couple of years ago, did you ever receive your prize?

Yes I received soon after in a cheque.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Logovo69
    Options
    Yes I received soon after in a cheque.

Great news to hear that at least. Well done by the way! :T - Sue
    The times they are a-changin' - Bob Dylan
  • Boa21
    Boa21 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Smith is a lying scamster. The orginal email inviting me to join said nothing about prize draws. £1.80 per survey plain and simple. Payout once you reach £45

Quickly racked-up near 40 quid, then prize draws only. I have emailed him repeatedly, load of lies about will get some in the future.

The only thing stopping me putting in a money claim is that I lost the orginal email invite in a computer upgrade.

I will post on survey police though.

Have you also noticed you get loads of emails with 'last chance to respond' I reckon he's getting desperate with no panel members.

Hope they go bust!:mad::mad:
    The force is strong in this one!
  • suze6767
    Options
    Was anyone a member of Consumer Voice, which was run by CCB Fastmap ?
    They have a web site which I am not allowed to post apparently.

I do consumer research questionnaires for a number of companies on the Internet. Mostly, they are very frustrating, you spend 20 minutes giving them all your opinions and then they reject you. Grr. But eventually the rewards add up and I make about £200 a year, usually in Argos or HMV vouchers.

But, Consumer Voice sent me monthly questionnaires and pay by cheque, but not until you reach £50. After 18 months, I had amassed £43... and they stopped sending me questionnaires. They won't reply to e.mails any more either. Looks like a rip-off ? Anyone in a similar situation with them. ?
    i have just emailed consumer voice as i have been with them since 2008 and not had one payout, ive got in cash just over£25 but dont know how to get this!! but ive just read that you have to be doing it until your balance is £50 and then they send it out to you automatically i presume as there is no information on the sight !!!
    i have emailed them before but have never recieved a reply which is very rude!!!
    i find one of the best survey sights are vista live and global test market !
    i am beginning to wonder if this consumer voice is just out for themselve....getting us to do all the dirty work of all the surveys and they are cashing in on it and not giving us what we have earned!!
    im not impressed!!!
  • PayBack
    PayBack Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 November 2011 at 12:30PM
    Options
    Nice to see i'm not the only one being scammed by these people!

Same story, got to almost £45.00 then its prize draws only. I checked the terms of the prize draw with the latest survey, entry to the draw closed 6 months before the survey invite!

They offered a £5.00 bonus for recruiting new members, what a surprise no £5.00 and all queries are ignored.

I still complete some of their surveys but just put rubbish answers in.

Just a thought, Has anyone registered a complaint with the DMA about this??
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To say I'm annoyed with Chris Smith & his bloody Consumer Voice is an understatement! I don't want to do these surveys when the only ones I'm sent are for draw, so I tried to unusbscribe. The message I got when trying to do this was: We do not recognise the e-mail address. So I clicked on 'forgot password' and got the same message. I then e-mailed Chris Smith and said that I wished to unsubscribe but for some reason wasn't able to do it through the website. No answer and the survey invites still come, sometimes the same e-mail coming through half a dozen times! This is total spam in my book, but annoyingly, even though I added it to the block senders list & the junk list, the damn things still come through!

If I could report him and his website I would.:mad:
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • jillwebb2005
    Options
    I joined this panel in June 2008 and have only just reached over 20.00 in my balance. Most of the survey invites are for prize draw entries not for cash. I am disheartened to read of the experiences of others and now I see the threshold for cashing out is 45.00 (for some reason I thought it was lower!) I am considering unsubscribing from the panel. By my calculations at the rate I am going I will be waiting another 5 years before being able to cash out.

When there are so many other reliable and legitimate paid survey companies who pay out on a regular basis it really isn't worth bothering with sites such as this.
  • jul18iet
    Options
    My cash surveys also stopped when I got to £43 and no more for the last 2 years now.
    I got a friend to sign up for my £5 bonus but as yet it has not been credit to my account to get me past the £45.
    I wonder if it ever will be!
  • MarkA2011
    MarkA2011 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I too have been with this survey company for 5 years, during which I completed surveys that got me within £1.90 of the then stated £45 withdrawal limit.
    For the last 2 years I have received 0 surveys worth any cash incentives, making it impossible to get over the £45.

Last year however they offered £5 for introducing a friend and I introduced 3 friends, one of which has just completed the 2 qualifying surveys, meaning I am now entitled to £5 credit on my account taking me over the £45.
    As yet however they have not credited my account with the £5 and on speaking to 'Helen' she says they are a bit behind adding this credit so I should wait 2 weeks.
    If I am not credited within 2 weeks I shall take this matter further.

I suggest anyone effected also initially contacts them on 0207 242 0702 ESPECIALLY if they should be crediting your account with £5 to take you over the pay out level.

If they still do nothing, contact trading standards as they could be in breach of contract.
  • Logovo69
    Logovo69 Posts: 474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 April 2012 at 3:33PM
    Options
    I got my money!!!! :j :j :j :j

Firstly, apologies for the length of this post, but as you are prob. aware, dealing with this company is not quick, simple or straight-forward!

So, how did I do it? I found the company's registered address on this website and page http://companycheck.co.uk/company/05954031

Then I scrolled down to 'Directors and Secretaries'. There I found the registered addresses of the Company Director and the Company Secretary.

I wrote this letter to the head office:

"Dear Sirs,

I joined your company panel 30/05/2007, completing on average a paid survey every 1-2 months. (Please find attached a printout of my accounts for your convenience).

As of 11/05/2010, my account balance was £43.20. The withdrawal threshold is £45. Since then I have not received any further 'Paid' surveys. What I have received, every 1-2 weeks is a ''Draw' survey, which I duly completed, until recently. Some of these surveys took almost an hour to complete, despite the survey invitations stating a much shorter completion time.

Nearly two years later, I am still unable to withdraw the money I have earned. During this time I have emailed Mr. Chris Smith several times regarding the lack of paid surveys, but have been told that I should receive one 'soon'. I am still waiting, several months later.

From contact with numerous other panel members this is not an isolated occurrence by any means. It would seem that as soon as panel members have reached just beneath the £45 threshold limit, they stop receiving paid surveys. However they are regularly still sent the draw surveys, committing a large amount of time for no assured financial reward nor advancement towards the withdrawal threshold.

I have been a loyal panel member for almost five years. During that time I have committed an extraordinary amount of time and effort, but have yet to receive any of the earnings made during that time. I feel that this is excessive and does not reflect well on your company.

My balance stands at £43.80. I would like to politely request that a cheque for this amount is sent to me, forthwith as a gesture of good faith and good will.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours faithfully,

C.C Director's name, (At his address)
    C.C Company Secretary's name, (At his address)"

I then sent a copy of this letter to the Company Director and the Company Secretary at the addresses given, asking for their assistance to resolve the matter.

I have never received any direct response from either the Co. Director, or the Co. Secretary, but just a few days later, I received this email:

"Good morning,

We have looked in to our processes and have made sure that you are going to receive the next few paid surveys in order to take you up to the threshold.

You will recieve a paid survey by the end of this week.

Kind regards,

Chris Smith"

I did receive a paid survey for £1.80 which should have taken me the the £45 withdrawal level. Except, being rather cynical, as soon as I had completed the survey, I checked to ensure it had been credited. It had not.

I emailed Chris who responded the next day telling me that he would 'look into it'.

Not unusually, after a week, I had heard absolutely nothing more. I emailed again chasing for an answer, but this time I also marked the Subject line as FAO with the names of the Company Director and Company Secretary.

An immediate response from Chris stating "Accounts are accredited 2 weeks prior to the survey being completed".

A week later and Hey Presto! the reward was finally credited!

There was absolutely no-where on the site that I could find that advises how you are supposed to withdraw your earnings. I requested this info. via email.

8 days later, no response.

I looked up the name CCB Fastmap at dma and found this page which very helpfully has the email address of the Company Secretary:

http://www.dma.org.uk/directory?display_name=ccb+fastmap&main_business_activity_161=All&city=&member_who_s_who_profile_175=&=Search

I emailed the him asking how to withdraw my earnings. I had to wait 17 days, and he did not reply himself, but eventually I got this response from Chris:

"Good morning,

Thanks for your query.

We are aware that you have reached the payout limit and are in the process of sending out your payment.

The cheque will be despatched by the end of this week.

Sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Chris Smith"

10 days later I had a cheque for £45 in my sticky little hands! This was obviously deposited immediately with the bank and it cleared! Yay!

While all this hassle was going on, I was receiving on average 2 survey invites per week for the prize draw. During those 2+ months I had only 1 paid survey invite. Needless to say, I did not complete that either.

So, I have, after a whopping five years, finally received my earnings.

I fear for some of you that if you are no-where near the £45 withdrawal level, you may have an incredibly long wait before you can make a withdrawal. All the while, like muggins here, spending up to an hour filling in the 'Draw' invites for fear of not being sent any invites at all and losing my earnings.

For those of you who need just 1 or 2 paid surveys to reach the limit, if you have patience and determination to keep on reminding them and chasing for responses, it may be worth you writing to the registered Head Office, copying in the Company Director and Company Secretary.

I have supplied all the links above where you can find all the info. you need to do this.

At http://companycheck.co.uk/company/05954031, have a look at their financial details. Yet we hardly get a paid survey.

Perhaps if enough MSE'ers complain about the lack of paid surveys, they might do something? Nooo, I doubt it too!

Good luck to anyone if you decide to pursue this.

Sue
    The times they are a-changin' - Bob Dylan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family