We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Stardrops..I have seen the light!

1…94959799100…143

Comments

  • frugalpam
    frugalpam Posts: 2,514
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ~~H~~ wrote: »
    How much do you use in a carpet cleaner? I think its time I bought some of this stuff to try, & my living room carpet is in need of a good clean.

    Not sure how much to put in a carpet cleaner, altho on the back of the bottle it says to use 3 tablespoons (45ml) to 500ml of warm water. Do a spot test first, to check for colour fastness. I tried that yesterday - mix it up so there's lots of foam, and use the foam to clean stains on carpets (I used a sponge). Got a fantastic result with it - once vaccumed, good as new!

    Pam
    PS Going to have to clean the whole carpet now though - it cleaned the area around where the stain was, and now I know the real colour of the carpet again :eek:
  • Fiverqueen
    Fiverqueen Posts: 151 Forumite
    I was about to start horrible job of cleaning grill pan out after cooking bacon, when I spotted my diluted spray bottle of stardrops. Gave pan a couple of squirts to see what would happen, tipped it to one side and watched in amazement as grease ran off all by itself!:T

    Hooray for stardrops!:j :j :j
    "A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." :wall:
    Bob Hope
  • ~~H~~_4
    ~~H~~_4 Posts: 203 Forumite
    frugalpam wrote: »

    PS Going to have to clean the whole carpet now though - it cleaned the area around where the stain was, and now I know the real colour of the carpet again :eek:

    Oh dear. :eek:
    A well balanced life is a glass in each hand ;)
  • wahp
    wahp Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have visited the site several times but it took Stardrops to encourage me to register!!!

    Yesterday I don't remember what I was searching for but I accidentally came these posts recommending Stardrops and StarClen.

    The statement 'my stainless sink has never been so clean' really interested me as I have tried everything on my sink (including Franke Stainless Steel polish) and it never looked clean. People also said how cheap it was in relation to other cleaners so yesterday I bought some. (Well I after I eventually found it on the bottom shelf).

    The first time I used it I didn't allow for the fact that it was concentrated and my kitchen was full of bubbles and I had to use several kettles of water to rinse the bubbles away.

    Today I diluted it and I am really IMPRESSED my sink is sooo shiny that I need sunglasses in the kitchen. I used the Stardrops on the main part of my sink and the StarClen on the teastains, just poured it on and the washed it off with boiling water.

    I have tried all sorts of cleaners but this is the cheapest and it certainly worked for me.
  • benedictadams
    benedictadams Posts: 932
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Welcome Wahp

    Who ever said word of mouth was a powerful advertising tool was right

    I'm sure this thread has brought them more business than a magazine advert would do
    Debt of £6300 cleared in 5 years, now ZERO
  • oliverp_2
    oliverp_2 Posts: 130 Forumite
    I saw this the other day in Asda and thought for 56p (I think) it was worth a shot without knowing about this thread...I'm just about to try it on the sink, have used on UPVC windows and it whitenned them a bit.
  • kat79
    kat79 Posts: 115
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have never heard of Stardrops! But now.....I feel I must test the mythical properties of said product! If I can locate a bottle of it! Do Tescos stock it? Sorry but I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if someone has already covered this!
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    wahp wrote: »

    The first time I used it I didn't allow for the fact that it was concentrated and my kitchen was full of bubbles and I had to use several kettles of water to rinse the bubbles away.

    If you get bubbles from synthetic detergents which you want to disperse, use a bar of soap to clear them away.
  • Flimsy
    Flimsy Posts: 102 Forumite
    Been to Home Bargains today and I'm all Stardrop-ed up and ready to clean!
  • Flimsy
    Flimsy Posts: 102 Forumite
    I had a good scrub at the rug in my living room, it has been awful since my daughter started throwing things from her highchair. I did half and it went a very alarming grey colour and I got scared and left it at that but now it is dry it looks LOADS better.
    So I'd better do the other half!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.