PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stardrops..I have seen the light!

Options

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi tryingtocutback,

Stardrops is a general purpose cleaner that a lot of Old Stylers swear by. These threads will give you more information:

Stardrops..I have seen the light!

where to find stardrops?

I'll add your thread to one of those later to keep the replies together.

Pink
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 August 2012 at 8:22PM
    Options
    Thank you both very much.

Ive been using expensive cillit bang - I will change over to this now!

CB is banned for commercial cleaning.

For the MSE OS general purpose spray cleaner, mix one third each of Stardrops, distilled malt (white) vinegar and water.

This does have mild antiseptic properties but, if you need more, you can make a one quarter each mix of the above and normal household disinfectant.

I have tried both mixes and neither will gas you like a soldier in WW1, eat its way through your worktops or evolve into a new life form. :)

Use sparingly. Just one squirt goes a long way.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • beedeedee
    beedeedee Posts: 991 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was told last week that Wilkinson's won't be stocking it anymore - so if you have a local store which still has some - grab it!
  • medusasmummy
    Options
    our local numark chemist stock it for 99p, they have the antibac spray too.
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    annie123 wrote: »
    I got a bottle last week in Wilkinsons in Penge, if you go there or any of the pound store type places seem there or in Sydenham have it.

Where is Wilko's in Penge? I live in Upper Norwood and have just got very excited as they are opening a branch near my friend in Crawley. Penge alot nearer:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    debtmess wrote: »
    They are great however I am struggling to find them in the south east now :(
    Down to my last 3rd of a bottle

Our local Tesco have stopped selling it for some reason which is rather annoying
    SailorSam wrote: »
    I've got Starclen in the cupboard, is that the same ?

Starclen is actually ammonia so it cleans off stubborn stains better than Stardrops but it's a lot more harsh
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you both very much.

Ive been using expensive cillit bang - I will change over to this now!

If you're trying to remove grease, the best thing I've found so far is borax (or these days more likely borax substitute - which works just as well).
  • raven83
    raven83 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well it must be good, DD1 wanted to help me clean up earlier so I told her to clean the dining room table and gave her Stardrops (she's never used that, usually uses Flash), when she had finished she said to me, "What is that stuff? It's really good, there isn't a single mark on the table and didn't have to scrub hard!" She seemed impressed, and she is only 9. So there you go, even a 9 year old thinks it is great :)
    Raven. :grinheart:grinheart:grinheart

• sophlowe45
    sophlowe45 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Options
    Think im going to have to order some online, have had no problems finding Zoflora and Biotex but no stardrops.
  • Amaretti_2
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to have join the Stardrops gang. Asda do a 1litre bottle for £1.98

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/shopping/findproducts.aspx?query=stardrops&store=ASDA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport