PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops..I have seen the light!

Options

Comments

• melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    for those who cant find star drops. i get mine in iceland. they always have a stock of all the different ones, but i only buy the original and use it for everything. a pound a bottle in iceland.

That's a bit far to travel for a cleaning product. :j

Anyhow, I live in Ireland at the moment and NO ONE has heard of Stardrops, ever....

But, I was in a little out of the way place in Dublin last week, you know, a little street full of small shops and stuff, and in one of them wht did I see? YEEEESSSSS Stardrops, but it was a kitchen cleaner type of bottle, you know, the spray thing. Of course I bought it for 2 euro and used it today, magic. But I think it can be diluted a bit.

I have been reading about Stardrops on here for sooooo long and knew I could never get it here, so I am now so happy to join the club!
  • tylers_mum
    tylers_mum Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use the stardrops with amonia all the time it works just as well as the origional stardrops but smells divine they sell it in my local (york )£ shop x
  • pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi MSErs,

I've not bought any for a while as I had a stock pile but have run out of Stardrops. I usually go to Wilkinsons for it but wondered where else sells it at the moment. Anyone know please?

Thanks
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • benedictadams
    Options
    Pandora, according to mysupermarket its on offer at the moment in Asda, £1.39 for a litre, not sure how that compares to wilko/ home bargains/ bargain madness/ poundland/ poundworld as i've not brought it for a while (i'm sure the bottle acts like that Magnum Infinity ice-cream advert)
    Debt of £6300 cleared in 5 years, now ZERO
  • tinamoo
    tinamoo Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    pandora205 wrote: »
    Hi MSErs,

I've not bought any for a while as I had a stock pile but have run out of Stardrops. I usually go to Wilkinsons for it but wondered where else sells it at the moment. Anyone know please?

Thanks

I bought some last week from Poundstretcher. They had a few different ones. I got the all purpose 1 litre one for 99p.
  • elisabeth76
    Options
    I've been a very happy convert to Stardrops for a while now, usually get it from Asda, although it lasts for such an age that I have to stop and try and remember where I get it from!
    Recently, I had to clean someone's very dirty flat so I decided I might need some thing with a bit more gumption so bought, for the first time in my life, Cillit Bang. Well, I went through the entire bottle of CB, finished a half bottle of Flash I found under the sink and as I still hadn't finished resorted to using my diluted solution of Stardrops. This worked every bit as well as the other products and was considerably cheaper!
  • Ozne
    Ozne Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently bought some Stardrops in a Poundstretcher shop, but it was very poor quality compared with what I have had before - weak and watery, and a squirt in the washing-up bowl soon went flat after washing just a few plates and cups. Have they changed the formulation? :(
  • benedictadams
    benedictadams Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 8 May 2013 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Ozne- was the colour the normal darkish yellow or was it a very pale colour? I was under the impression if a company changes the recipe/ formulation of a product they have to indicate this on the packaging
    Debt of £6300 cleared in 5 years, now ZERO
  • bubblegumcola
    bubblegumcola Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Options
    Home Bargains sell all the different ones, bought some today to try because of this thread and I knew I had seen it in there. I haven't got my till receipt to hand but I think it was around 89p? They had Stardrops with ammonia as well, also a spray multi-purpose one but I just went for the orangey yellow stuff you can dilute yourself.
  • Ozne
    Ozne Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ozne- was the colour the normal darkish yellow or was it a very pale colour? I was under the impression if a company changes the recipe/ formulation of a product they have to indicate this on the packaging

It was pale and thinner in consistency. I compared it with a bottle of the usual orange gloopy stuff bought some time previously, and couldn't see any differences in the labelling.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure