PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mocs are money off coupons
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • huston_kw
    huston_kw Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    sexymouse wrote: »
    mocs are money off coupons

Yeah I'd done a web search and delete my org message, I feel really silly, but it just never clicked what they where, but thanks for reply:beer:
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another £2 spent yesterday on 8 for £2 muller corners from Mr S - so £3.29 spent so far in June.
    £49.11 left!
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • huston_kw
    huston_kw Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »

Now I am not sure whether I should add this on to the challenge or ignore it as it is for the kitchen, and it was something that we needed to buy at the weekend. I just saved us some money by doing it through Amazon instead :) What would you guys do?

I would include it, but my budget is for everything, except utilities & rent, so this includes gadgets, school uniforms etc, but then again I wouldn't include big white goods!

Our budget is broke down into sub categories, i.e. cleaning, laundry, alcohol / home brew, house hold one offs, food etc..

73 pounds seems a bit steep for a kettle & water filter, but my last kettle was a fiver about 4 years ago!

My mam on the other hand gets through about 3-4 a year, she's always got a new one when I visit (she lives a bit away) and I ask what happened to the last and she's always like it blew up or stopped working, she got one of them rapid boil see through ones at the moment or she did at new year anyway, no doubt it's broke by now - she never pays less than forty for one, there's no talking to her though and anyway it's her money I guess!
  • Money_saving_Diva_2
    Options
    Hi everyone

Well I failed again last month but only just so feeling a bit more positive.

Can I be put down for £330.00 again this month please?

Thank you very much and good luck everyone.

Diva.x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 June 2009 at 4:12PM
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    I came over last month, and was hoping to keep to it this month but I have just spent £73.00 on a new kettle and water filter at Amazon..

Now I am not sure whether I should add this on to the challenge or ignore it as it is for the kitchen, and it was something that we needed to buy at the weekend. I just saved us some money by doing it through Amazon instead :) What would you guys do?
    How long will it last ?
    If its months can you divide £73 by however many months and include that much as part of GC each of those months (eg 5 months, so £73/5 = £14.60 per month) ?
    I have broken into my £80, getting washing-up liquid (on offer), Beans (on offer) and popcorn...still need to get cat food, some jam and some bread (hopefully reduced stuff!).
    hth
    ETA Have just got the rest of the bits in that we need. £45 left- no more shopping this week but will have to pay for Toddlers again (at least) and then a few bits of shopping next week too. There is Grocery/household money left in the bank but ideally I'd like to be frugal and put that in the savings (or holiday fund ;). Signature updated. x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    wonders why she hasnt joined this months challenge yet? Oops

i lost count again last month:rolleyes::o but i think i did come in under budget:D

can you put me down for £250 again please?:T:T:T

and to start me off I spent £25.23 in M&S this morning:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i know, I know, what was i thinking going there?:rotfl:
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Mrs McC

Inspired by last month's under-spend can I please go for £280 this month.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi...its all very ms here i havent spent much money for a couple of days which akes a nice change....got a sc spag bol on the go for tea...i fot a pineapple from aldi for 59p...i am going to cut it in to wedges and cut out the core then dip in a bit of brown sugar and fry in a little bit of butter....we had one cooked on the bbq at the weekend and it was lush...hope the pan is the same

im struggling with packed lunches as it has got hot...i tend to do jam sarnies as the thought of ham cheese or tuna sitting in a school bag is grim....i have put a freezer block in and a frozen drink so hopefully they will be ok...roll on the summer holidays

i think we will have pasta bake tomorrow and a nice salad...seems good for the warmer weather (if it lasts)

take care
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD for me to-day...have decided that I need to keep more careful track of what and when I spend to keep me under budget. What I include in GC is food, washing stuff (clothes, dishes and people), cleaning stuff for the same and odds and ends like foil, clingfilm, baking paper, clothes pegs. If I included meds I would be up €109 per month as that is what it costs for OH's and my meds.

Bought myself a new grater to-day but it came out of a voucher I had for Christmas so not a spend at all really.

Good luck to all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills