PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

To those selling in these difficult times Part Deux. AKA sellers support network!

Options

Comments

• maya+2
    maya+2 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    bobbadog wrote: »
    Hiya!

Our flat went officially on market last friday - had one viewing before this, and 2 booked in for today. Fingers crossed!

good luck with the viewings! :j
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2010 at 2:24PM
    Options
    Thank you! Am gutted it was too wet to mow the lawn yesterday before these viewings. but have asked estate agent to explain to the viewers! Makes the garden look untidy as its small.

Got 1 viewing for tomorrow evening too - though thats when everyone puts their rubbish out for early collection Thurs and is when our street looks at its worse :( x
  • monkeys_bunny
    monkeys_bunny Posts: 744 Forumite
    Options
    Get the scissors out haha
    :p
    Thank you to all posters
  • maya+2
    maya+2 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    bobbadog wrote: »
    Thank you! Am gutted it was too wet to mow the lawn yesterday before these viewings. but have asked estate agent to explain to the viewers! Makes the garden look untidy as its small. x

The grass is a nightmare at the moment, growing really fast and lost of dandelions and moss too, i have two houses opposite me, where the owners are yet to move in, their gardens looks so overgrown and tatty, im tempted to go and mow them...
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    I really did consider the scissor option this morning! tonight if its not dark when I get home, I think I will!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    omg our first viewing is on thursday. Thank goodness the gardeners (leasehold) have done the lawns this week
  • monkeys_bunny
    Options
    woop woop Kittie, good luck
    Thank you to all posters
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have got butterflies. We are meant to also be exchanging on our new house this week and am waiting to hear re progress plus all this government stuff. Stomach churning
  • not_loaded
    not_loaded Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You don't pay for all, only a few. So basically if the searches in the HIP run out in as little as a month, it's a pointless exercise. The whole point of the HIP was to make less searches (although there's still some they don't do).
    You pay for all of the relevant searches on your property when you buy a HIP. Clearly, for example, the water/drainage enquiry is not likely to change, whereas the planning search could well be different only a week after that search is done.

You’re legally obliged to have the HIP up and running before putting it on the market. You’re not obliged to do anything whatsoever about the HIP searches getting old. The reason solicitors/conveyancers want to re-do searches for you is that 1) they have an obligation to not drop you in it with your purchase, and 2) it’s an earner.

If you’re the chancellor of the exchequer, HIPs are not a pointless exercise, they’re an earner.

What searches are you talking about when you say ‘some they don't do’?
    Squish_21 wrote: »
    …Im holding off on the HIP and therefore selling right now, just to see if HIPs get scrapped. Not in a rush to sell and if they get thier butts in gear should know either way by the end of this month, I hope. If not i'll just get on with marketing it at that point I expect.
    With the indecisive election result, there’s no way that HIPs (or the housing market in any respect) will be an early priority for whoever takes up the reins. For the sake of spending £200 to £250 it’s not worth prevaricating and ending up in the September to December slow-up for sellers.
  • monkeys_bunny
    Options
    not_loaded wrote: »
    The reason solicitors/conveyancers want to re-do searches for you is that 1) they have an obligation to not drop you in it with your purchase, and 2) it’s an earner.

How is it an earner for the Solicitor? unless you have an underhand one that charges you more than the search costs, Solicitors get nothing out of having to re do searches only extra work. As i mentioned before its all to do with whether you are getting a mortgage or not, as the local authority search is a requirement of the mortgage lender along with lots of other things.

you could even do the search yourself through your Council if you liked, its only a form to fill in to instigate it.
    Thank you to all posters
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family