Welcome Finance - Anyone been successful?

Options

Comments

• Bugalugs
    Bugalugs Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - have done searches but can't find one about how to approach Welcome Finance so apologies that this thread may not be quite the right place? I'm currently paying a loan back to Welcome Finance but can't find the paperwork;
    1. How do I find out if I had PPI?
    2. Am I able to claim back charges for late payments?
    3. How/who/where do I start?

Ahh - not too much there - thanks in advance for any help!
  • skintmumofone
    skintmumofone Posts: 199 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    queeniedog wrote: »
    After following the templates on the website Welcome Finance refused to accept liability, so I sent my complaint to the FOS back in April 2008. I recieved a letter on the 5th of May 2009 confirming that following intervention from the FOS, Welcome Finance have agreed to to settle my complaint regarding the Mis-sold PPI policy.

FOS have written o Welcome to ask them to contact me directly to finalise the matter and send me payment - they have 4 weeks to do this and I will send a post once I have the money from them.

So by no means a quick win but a win all the same :T

I sent my letter to them in March and they have sent their final reply saying they are not accepting liability and everything they done was legal and above board. Do you think I should just sent this letter back to the FOS as I am still not 100% happy with this decision?

Well done with your win.
    :jLiving Life to the Full :)
  • helnag
    helnag Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    Hi skintmumofone,

Yes definately send it to the FOS!!

Well done queeniedog!!!
    PAD total since 27/07/09 = £60.83 - [strike]Capital One[/strike]:[strike] £192.73[/strike]£27.00 Next catalogue: [strike]£429.00[/strike] £154.00
    Welcome car HP: [strike]£6090[/strike], £3900, Welcome Loan:[strike]£3370[/strike], £2660HLC #1: [strike]£907.00[/strike]£637.00, HLC #2:[strike] £838.00[/strike]£608.00
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2009 - Member #649 - Target £500...banked £119.50 already.
  • queeniedog
    queeniedog Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my letter to them in March and they have sent their final reply saying they are not accepting liability and everything they done was legal and above board. Do you think I should just sent this letter back to the FOS as I am still not 100% happy with this decision?

Well done with your win.

YES Without a doubt, they take up the complaint and investigate for you, I posted this the other day on the PPI success stories thread:

So I have just opened the post and Yippeeeee there is a cheque from Welcome Finance for £1418 :rotfl:

I can hardly contain my happiness :D

I only had the car loan for 12 months as I then handed the car back, so to get £1418 refunded I am over the moon. Just goes to show their daylight robbery tactics, appalling amount to have paid in 1 year, imagine if I had had it for 5 years?

I have requested a statement outlining the payments I made v the amount they have settled with, as I am not sure what the £1418 is made up from, might be a total refund but not sure if it is a partial goodwill gesture, it isnt clear.
    Once I have that info I will post again :T

Thank you everyone on this forum and of course Martin xx

Please refer your complaint, it works....x
    2013 Grocery Challenge £450 pm
    Jan £279 / £450 (+£171) :j
    Feb £154 / £450

2013 save £12k Challenge £0 / £12000
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    BigTidal wrote: »
    Got a reply from welcome last friday saying they've received my letters and will investigate my claim and get back to me by 21st July.

Hope its good news, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Bugalugs wrote: »
    Hi - have done searches but can't find one about how to approach Welcome Finance so apologies that this thread may not be quite the right place? I'm currently paying a loan back to Welcome Finance but can't find the paperwork;
    1. How do I find out if I had PPI?
    2. Am I able to claim back charges for late payments?
    3. How/who/where do I start?

Ahh - not too much there - thanks in advance for any help!

Hello there

Sorry to have missed your post earlier.......

If you taken out the finance over 6 years, you can request for a copy of the agreement (CCA) by enclosing a small payment of a £1 postal order or cheque payment, they have 12 days to send this to you by post, post by recorded delivery.
    Your CCA should disclose any PPI, if this was taken out or added etc.

Another way is to request a Subject access request (SAR), they have 40 days to comply, and should send everything on your account as requested on the SAR template.
    This one there is a charge of £10 postal order or cheque payment, link here for template:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

If you no longer have the account number to add to the requests above, check old bank statements, if you paid by direct debit with your own bank you should be able to track the account number down next to the payments you made.
    If you have online banking you can check this way also, as they mostly let you go back as far as 6 years or at least 5 years.

Despite that add as many personal details as possible, such as if your surname was different then, your address etc, also add your Date of birth.

In regards of reclaiming PPI, here is a link here to help you through this, with useful info and templates, they have 8 weeks to respond in full, another letter maybe required if they don't resolve this in your favour the first time round.
    Remember to add your own reasons for mis selling on the template.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

On the final letter they should give details of the financial ombudsman service (FOS) if eligible.

Remember to post letters by recorded delivery, good luck and post up for help when required.;)
  • Bugalugs
    Bugalugs Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fab - thanks very much for such a detailed response - that's a great help!
  • emmaj11
    emmaj11 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there
    I wrote to Welcome finance complaining about the PPI they added to the various accounts I have had with them. Wrote on the 5th June and on 12th June got a reply back asking me to complete a questionnaire for each policy - in order to gain more evidence. The questions are simple enough but is it a case of my word against thier's??? Is it the point that they are all being single premuim policies and grossly unfair and expensive good enough for a refund??
  • di3004
    Options
    emmaj11 wrote: »
    Hi there
    I wrote to Welcome finance complaining about the PPI they added to the various accounts I have had with them. Wrote on the 5th June and on 12th June got a reply back asking me to complete a questionnaire for each policy - in order to gain more evidence. The questions are simple enough but is it a case of my word against thier's??? Is it the point that they are all being single premuim policies and grossly unfair and expensive good enough for a refund??

Hi Emma

If you purchased your policy within the last 6 years, they should still hold the details of when you purchased the policy on data.
    Many regards these as stalling tactics and respond to the company with the form and to confirm the questionaires have not been completed as I believe you should still hold my details.

However, its your choice if you want to complete them, as they may still require further information to help with their investigations.

If you had a say 10 or 15 year loan and the ppi only covered you for 5 of those then you would still be paying for the ppi for the life of the loan, then what??
    This is one reason as this is not actually explained to everyone when this is sold with the loan.

You do though still have good reason for being sold the single policy as these are looked upon dimly as they are extortionately costly with that of the interest added in as well.

Say for instance it was a joint loan they tend to only cover the first person named on the account, this is so unfair, because if the unfortunate did happen that loan would still have to be repaid.

You can always write your reasons on separate paper to enclose with the questionaire, if you tend to complete these, with your reasons of how you were mis sold, they should go by your reasons as well.
    And they must still investigate by 8 weeks whether or not the questionaire is completed or not.

Good luck with this.;)
  • BigTidal
    BigTidal Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all, had a couple of letters out from welcome saying that they are still investigating my case, hopefully i'll have some more news in the next couple of weeks.
    I see some people have been successful, well done :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure