Welcome Finance - Anyone been successful?

Options

Comments

• bambino82
    Options
    anyone advise on whether i change the address on the template letter, or keep it to my local ofice but post it to nottingham?
  • lillysamanthe
    Options
    A message to all the people on here fighting PPI insurance with welcome finance, please do not give up, i had used this company for many years with two loans and two cars, i have been sending letters, for months regarding the two closed accounts and the two active accounts,then on Friday i got a letter stating they do not agree with the assertions,but as a good will gesture refunding the PPI on all 4 accounts with interest, i could not believe my eyes and over the four loan agreements they have agreed a whooping £9978.81p, so please do not give up they do give in.
    and considering they do not agree with my complaint that is a lot of money to give someone they disagree with,:beer:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    A message to all the people on here fighting PPI insurance with welcome finance, please do not give up, i had used this company for many years with two loans and two cars, i have been sending letters, for months regarding the two closed accounts and the two active accounts,then on Friday i got a letter stating they do not agree with the assertions,but as a good will gesture refunding the PPI on all 4 accounts with interest, i could not believe my eyes and over the four loan agreements they have agreed a whooping £9978.81p, so please do not give up they do give in.
    and considering they do not agree with my complaint that is a lot of money to give someone they disagree with,:beer:

Well done and Congratulations :beer::T:beer:
    Also cheers for your helpful advice, I'm sure this will help others who have claims ongoing with them.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Extra well done to you. WOw, what a win that was. :beer:
  • LilacPixie
    Options

Well done Lilly.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • bambino82
    Options
    What a result. :beer:

Was very nervous and unsure bout sending the letter bout my PPI but after reading that result....nearly 10 grand... WOW! I am defo gonna fight it.
    Can i ask the person who got that money if they can remeber what address they sent the first letter to.
    As i am worried i HAVE wrong address???????????

Thank you
  • bambino82
    Options
    Hi all,
    sent first template to welcome and recieved QUESTIONAIRE BACK!!!!

They gave me 7 days to send it back and i checked with royalmail that they recieved it within 6 days of the time limit on there letter!!!!
    what happenes now??????
    They have 8 weeks, but do i contact them telling them i know they recieved my questionaire and info recorded and i want a response??????
    its been 5 weeks now and im becoming impatient.

is thereany letter i can send to them?????

Please help anyone
    thanks

Bambino
  • di3004
    Options
    bambino82 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    sent first template to welcome and recieved QUESTIONAIRE BACK!!!!

They gave me 7 days to send it back and i checked with royalmail that they recieved it within 6 days of the time limit on there letter!!!!
    what happenes now??????
    They have 8 weeks, but do i contact them telling them i know they recieved my questionaire and info recorded and i want a response??????
    its been 5 weeks now and im becoming impatient.

is thereany letter i can send to them?????

Please help anyone
    thanks

Bambino

Hi Bambino

I would still give them 8 weeks as from your original letter of complaint.;)

Good luck.
  • paul091184
    Options
    hi, i wonder if anyone can help or give advice. i had a personal loan with welcome finance back in may2004. it was a 2yr loan for £1500 @ £143.98x24mths. loan was paid back oct2005 (7months early). have sent first letter and recieved questionnaire back,have filled this in and sent back recorded delivery yday (3rdnovember09). was basically wondering what happens next in this process? have mentioned contaction FoS if havent heard within 2wks as martin's template letter stage 2. also im unable to find my original documents but did ask for a copy and have only recieved a credit agreement,would this still be enough to claim??
  • di3004
    Options
    paul091184 wrote: »
    hi, i wonder if anyone can help or give advice. i had a personal loan with welcome finance back in may2004. it was a 2yr loan for £1500 @ £143.98x24mths. loan was paid back oct2005 (7months early). have sent first letter and recieved questionnaire back,have filled this in and sent back recorded delivery yday (3rdnovember09). was basically wondering what happens next in this process? have mentioned contaction FoS if havent heard within 2wks as martin's template letter stage 2. also im unable to find my original documents but did ask for a copy and have only recieved a credit agreement,would this still be enough to claim??

Hello Paul and Welcome.;)

The agreement is fine.
    You could in time if needed request a Subject Access Request (SAR) where with a £10 payment made by cheque or postal order, they should send everything they still hold on you, and they have 40 days to comply.
    Template SAR letter here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

Buit the agreement is fine for now.

In regards of the reclaiming, they have 8 weeks in full to respond, as from your original letter, if you hear nothing at all then you can of course go to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

So wait for the 8 weeks to pass by first and see what comes back, please keep us posted, good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport