Welcome Finance - Anyone been successful?

Options
Hi there i sent the first letter off to Welcome Finance 3 months ago and never got a reply!
Only sent the second letter off today but was just wondering if anyone else has managed to claim back PPI from them?:confused:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    BigTidal wrote: »
    Hi there i sent the first letter off to Welcome Finance 3 months ago and never got a reply!
    Only sent the second letter off today but was just wondering if anyone else has managed to claim back PPI from them?:confused:

Hi there

Did you post by recorded delivery to ensure your letter reached them?
    This would also be your proof as well, as you can track this down with the reference number on the postal recorded receipt on the Royal mail website "tracking".

If you know they definately received the first letter, they had 8 weeks to respond, if you heard nothing at all you are entitled to ask the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) if they can investigate this now.

You do not neccessarily have to have the response, if they don't respond at all by 8 weeks you can take to the FOS, but make sure the FOS can investigate first.
    FOS here:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    When did you take the finance out - what year?

Cheers.

Also check on the above success thread as well.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • helnag
    helnag Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that yes, people have had success with Welcome Finance although they have not been the easiest to deal with. If you have a look at the thread 'is Welcome Finance going bust?' you will see a few success stories. Also you will see that they now have a new compliance team and a better way of dealing with genuine PPI complaints.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.
    PAD total since 27/07/09 = £60.83 - [strike]Capital One[/strike]:[strike] £192.73[/strike]£27.00 Next catalogue: [strike]£429.00[/strike] £154.00
    Welcome car HP: [strike]£6090[/strike], £3900, Welcome Loan:[strike]£3370[/strike], £2660HLC #1: [strike]£907.00[/strike]£637.00, HLC #2:[strike] £838.00[/strike]£608.00
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2009 - Member #649 - Target £500...banked £119.50 already.
  • BigTidal
    BigTidal Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the replies people :)
    I originally sent the first letter to my branch, so today i have written the second letter with a copy of the first letter enclosed and it to both my branch and the compliance department so hopefully i'll hear something back in the next few weeks. If not then i'll go to the FOS
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    BigTidal wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the replies people :)
    I originally sent the first letter to my branch, so today i have written the second letter with a copy of the first letter enclosed and it to both my branch and the compliance department so hopefully i'll hear something back in the next few weeks. If not then i'll go to the FOS

Hi there again.

Make sure your eligible to take your complaint to the FOS, if you taken this out when they were covered by the FSA who taken over in Jan 2005, as some were under GISC before that, then you will be fine.

What year did you take this out?

Please keep us posted of the outcome.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • BigTidal
    Options
    Took out original policy in 2003???
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think that this complaint would be elegible for the FOS being Welcome and 2003. Someone else may confirm this or you can ring the FOS and ask if they were members of the GISC at the time of your sale.
  • queeniedog
    queeniedog Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    After following the templates on the website Welcome Finance refused to accept liability, so I sent my complaint to the FOS back in April 2008. I recieved a letter on the 5th of May 2009 confirming that following intervention from the FOS, Welcome Finance have agreed to to settle my complaint regarding the Mis-sold PPI policy.

FOS have written o Welcome to ask them to contact me directly to finalise the matter and send me payment - they have 4 weeks to do this and I will send a post once I have the money from them.

So by no means a quick win but a win all the same :T
    2013 Grocery Challenge £450 pm
    Jan £279 / £450 (+£171) :j
    Feb £154 / £450

2013 save £12k Challenge £0 / £12000
  • petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    I don't think that this complaint would be elegible for the FOS being Welcome and 2003. Someone else may confirm this or you can ring the FOS and ask if they were members of the GISC at the time of your sale.

I suspect you are correct and Welcome would have a get out here as they would consider the claim time barred under the FOS service.

It isnt time barred in reality, of course, and the borrower would still be able to make a successful claim.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Finance are covered by the FOS from 23/02/2003. xx
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • BigTidal
    Options
    Got a reply from welcome last friday saying they've received my letters and will investigate my claim and get back to me by 21st July.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure