IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

fined and clamped for parking in disabled bay in my residential car park

Options
1235»

Comments

• Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Hah. Poor attempt with the "Primary school education" and "narrow thinking numpties". But still, Is it really right to use a disabled bay when you arent disabled?

i'd still like to know where in this thread such an appalling thing was suggested? like i said, narrow thinking, LOL!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Neil_B wrote: »
    I shall yet again going to the supermarket at the end of my road tomorrow. I shall leave my thumping great motor in a disabled space without a blue badge and walk home.

Why? because of the ignorant people on this forum who think disability rights outweigh criminal activity. Until they learn i will continue to do it as often as possible and cause the maximum possible inconvenience to >>> a) the ppc and b) the lazy supermarket company, where I shall not be shopping anyway, just using their car park!

Big up Jez!

Didnt you suggest it here
  • Neil_B
    Options
    LOL, No.

like I said, narrow thinking!
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Tesco_points_addict Posts: 3,242 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2009 at 2:14PM
    Options
    If I have undertood this correctly, JJ is not disabled but thought it was ok to park their car in a disabled spot for TWO weeks???

If so JJ deserves all they get and more...my Mum is disabled and on many occassions has been unable to park in a disabled bay because of those lucky able-bodied lazy people who use the spaces provided for the genuine need of disabled people. In my mums case she needs the extra space these spaces provide as without being able to open her car door fully she is unable to get out of it.

SHAME ON YOU:mad: I am insensed by your lack of thought for those less fortuante than yourself.
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Please keep this thread relevant to the issue of the unenforceable parking ticket and reclaiming the clamping fee.

If you wish to discuss the morals of parking in a private car park (given that disabled bays/blue badges have no legal status on private land) please start a thread in Discussion Time, link below.

GOING OFF-TOPIC

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: While it’s easy to wander off-topic that often prevents newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see this rule). Please keep this thread on topic. If you’d like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="%20abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why park in a disabled bay if you dont have a blue badge?? Are you mad or just inconsiderate! Sorry it makes me so cross as its those things that actually stop someone with a realneed to park close doing so and therefore living their lives. It could also cause someone a hospital stay if its heart or lung issue that necesitates a blue badge.
  • Neil_B
    Options
    sheeps68 wrote: »
    Why park in a disabled bay if you dont have a blue badge?? Are you mad or just inconsiderate! Sorry it makes me so cross as its those things that actually stop someone with a realneed to park close doing so and therefore living their lives. It could also cause someone a hospital stay if its heart or lung issue that necesitates a blue badge.

LOL. It's like a broken record! did you not read what the board guide said in post#46 and the message from site owners?

Who was it aimed at anyway?
    -
  • Alx*27
    Alx*27 Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options

Correct, but a fraudulent scam trying to extract money from anyone is no less wrong.
  • Jez_Wolf
    Jez_Wolf Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    sheeps68 wrote: »

As mentioned before, disabled spaces have no meaning on private land.

As such, any Parking Charge Notices issued for them have no legal standing. They are a con.

Please provide legal evidence to contradict these points.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport