IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

fined and clamped for parking in disabled bay in my residential car park

Options

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2009 at 12:52AM
    Options
    Oh I know I'm funny, Forgot this thread is full of serious business and a joke woudnt be taken well. And your joke was Epic Fail.
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear. Who is it who doesn't quite get it?

Unfortunately the legislation surrounding parking on private land is laughable. If that doesn't suit your pious attitudes then i suggest you lobby for change and a lot of people will support you for various reasons.

instead of proper regulation successive govts have failed to legislate properly. As a result these matters are targeted by the not so lovely end of society as money making opportunities.

The disabled, vulnerable and young parents are very often the first targets for initial victimisation and persistent threat.

If you 'just don't get it' then fine if you are happy with the situation but that is what a lot of us are fighting. the more you post to the contrary without having taken any constructive political action yourself then the more you support these lowlifes.

No apologies for the basic primary school education because narrow thinking numpties like you will do more harm to people with disabilities and vulnerable people than our fight ever will.
    -
    and that was aimed at at least two of you obviously!
  • lavandergirl_2
    Options
    is the poster real?
    He only posted one message last week.
    Just checking:rolleyes:
    Do Something Amazing- Give Blood
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Would a disabled person be more annoyed that a car is parked in a disabled space they wanted to use? Or that the car also has a clamp on it so the owner can not move it but has to pay a relatively small fine to have it removed?
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Neil_B wrote: »
    Oh dear. Who is it who doesn't quite get it?

Unfortunately the legislation surrounding parking on private land is laughable. If that doesn't suit your pious attitudes then i suggest you lobby for change and a lot of people will support you for various reasons.

instead of proper regulation successive govts have failed to legislate properly. As a result these matters are targeted by the not so lovely end of society as money making opportunities.

The disabled, vulnerable and young parents are very often the first targets for initial victimisation and persistent threat.

If you 'just don't get it' then fine if you are happy with the situation but that is what a lot of us are fighting. the more you post to the contrary without having taken any constructive political action yourself then the more you support these lowlifes.

No apologies for the basic primary school education because narrow thinking numpties like you will do more harm to people with disabilities and vulnerable people than our fight ever will.
    -
    and that was aimed at at least two of you obviously!

Hah. Poor attempt with the "Primary school education" and "narrow thinking numpties". Fining/clamping/whatever on private land maybe illegal, But still, Is it really right to use a disabled bay when you arent disabled?
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 May 2009 at 10:20AM
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Hah. Poor attempt with the "Primary school education" and "narrow thinking numpties". Fining/clamping/whatever on private land maybe illegal, But still, Is it really right to use a disabled bay when you arent disabled?

Fair enough a fine is justified if there is a sign there, but clamping is just a means to extort the money - the exact reason it is illegal in Scotland. Is it right to clamp a car there which would prevent any disabled person using the space until the clamp is removed?!
  • Glacier_2
    Glacier_2 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Is it moral to park in a disabled parking bay when your not disabled?
    Only council ones with the correct TMO/TRO are enforceable and thus unless disabled I would not park there.

I don't give a stuff about what a PPC says is moral or not.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed and well said,. the day a morals lesson from a PPC has any weight will be three days after the universe ends.
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    But still, Is it really right to use a disabled bay when you arent disabled?

I don't recall anyone suggesting it is right or suggesting they would do it if they were not disabled? It is a case of priorities. For me the issue of near 'criminal activity' which makes real victims of vulnerable or disadvantaged people is more important. If you are happy with retailers in particular and continuing to be lazy, farm out to cowboys, then fine, I'm not.

Serious friendly question. Have you ever actually looked properly at the letters these people send out with false, misleading and illegal threats? Is it acceptable? No, it is far more damaging and costly than anyone parking in a disabled space by mistake.
    -
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly, PPCs prey on the vulnerable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts