IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

fined and clamped for parking in disabled bay in my residential car park

Options

Comments

• Jez_Wolf
    Jez_Wolf Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    Totaly missing the point again Jez

No, I think you are missing the point.

The site is called Money Saving Expert.

Not "Pay illegal fines to PPCs because it's the moral thing to do".

And as for my so called war with PPC's? I've heard nothing from them for months.
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Jez_Wolf wrote: »

And as for my so called war with PPC's? I've heard nothing from them for months.

Is it moral to park in a disabled parking bay when your not disabled?
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options

Exactly its a Money Saving Site, It's not a site called I'm An Inconsiderate Parker Who Should Have Known Better Bail Me Out dot com !
    Whilst you may wish to keep up the crusade against the PPC's come what may there are certain occasions in which they were correct and to clamp someone for abandoning a car for 2 weeks in a DB in my book is correct.
    I'm all for defending peoples rights and some of these clampings is outrageous etc etc however in this particular case the offender deserved it.
    Perhaps meanwhile if you can come up with a legal way of penalising someone who blocks a DB for over 2 weeks then I would welcome your input.
    As I said earlier would you be so tolerant towards a stranger who parked in your drive for over 2 weeks, I think not :rolleyes:
    It's not just about the money
  • Jez_Wolf
    Options
    Bail me out? from an illegal fine - no

"Whilst you may wish to keep up the crusade against the PPC's come what may" And why is it a bad thing to fight against con men?

"There are certain occasions in which they were correct and to clamp someone.." - Please quote the case law that backs this up. Can you?

"in this case the offender (which law? definitely not civil law) deserved it - or are we back to the morality blah blah?

If a stranger parked in my drive, I would be able to use real laws against them, not "morals".
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    I shall yet again going to the supermarket at the end of my road tomorrow. I shall leave my thumping great motor in a disabled space without a blue badge and walk home.

Why? because of the ignorant people on this forum who think disability rights outweigh criminal activity. Until they learn i will continue to do it as often as possible and cause the maximum possible inconvenience to >>> a) the ppc and b) the lazy supermarket company, where I shall not be shopping anyway, just using their car park!

Big up Jez!
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    ImFromTheInternet.jpg

Have fun on your one man crusade!
  • Jez_Wolf
    edited 28 May 2009 at 12:09AM
    Options
    Oh "Sporedude" you are so funny.not.

Are you part of the WWE tag team with Silk? - your interest in costumes would suggest so.

Please quote the relevant law concerning the legal status of "disabled spaces" on private land, or else go to "wearethemoralminority.com" and carry on your campaign amongst similair minded folk.
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    ImFromTheInternet.jpg

Have fun on your one man crusade!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Jez_Wolf
    Options
    Oh "Sporedude" you are so funny.not.

Are you part of the WWE tag team with Silk? - your interest in costumes would suggest so.

With a guest appearance from "theartfullodger". Hell Yeah!!

:T
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bail me out? from an illegal fine - no

"Whilst you may wish to keep up the crusade against the PPC's come what may" And why is it a bad thing to fight against con men?

"There are certain occasions in which they were correct and to clamp someone.." - Please quote the case law that backs this up. Can you?

"in this case the offender (which law? definitely not civil law) deserved it - or are we back to the morality blah blah?

If a stranger parked in my drive, I would be able to use real laws against them, not "morals".
    You just don't get it Wolfie do you :rolleyes:

So tell me what else you do besides parking in the Parent and Child Bay when your in the supermarket ?
    Dump your trolly in parking bays ?
    Drive round the car park against the arrows, Sex pistols music playing full blast, tax disc upside down, throwing your McDonalds bag and shake carton out along the way :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Power to the people Wolfie. power to the people :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family