Free calls from mobiles when in Europe or Oz this summer.

Options

Comments

• s.rose
    s.rose Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I was told by Vodafone that the freedom pack £10 top up, can be used with vodafone passport We in fact have this all set up ready to use in a few days, so fingers crossed.:j
  • spanky1982
    spanky1982 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Nessa56 wrote: »
    I have just called Vodafone and they have told me the Freedom packs are not eligible

v

I have double checked this with Vodafone and the freedom packs are eligable for the free summer roaming promotion. The only thigs that are not are Stop the Clock, Free Weekends and Text Unlimited.
  • swallows
    Options
    Applied for a sim as recommended by MSE email but when topped up with £10 only got £10 of credit' the original email was a bit mis-leading on this point as impression was given that the bonus minutes and texts would last all summer but will only be credited if you ask for it to be used for one of the packs which only last for 30 days and not the full passport period:mad:

Swallows
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just checked, in France you use SFR and pay as you go customers pay 38p to make a call to UK and 19p to receive, prices per minute.
    Better than before but not free to receive a call which is what we were led to believe by the advertising.
    We usually tell people to ring our mobile, then hang up before we answer. We look at missed calls and call back from a phone box using a cheap call card bought from a cafe tabac.
  • ethan1agnew
    Options
    spanky1982 wrote: »
    I have double checked this with Vodafone and the freedom packs are eligable for the free summer roaming promotion. The only thigs that are not are Stop the Clock, Free Weekends and Text Unlimited.
    I got my free sim to use in Republic of Ireland this summer. But, wasn't aware that I needed a freedom pack to qualify for the free roaming calls and texts. Using the basic top up I was still charged UK rates for calls within the Republic. Does this mean that I must have a freedom pack in order to have free call and text allowances??? so that usage is free within those allowances. HELP:confused:
  • spanky1982
    spanky1982 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    No you d not have to use Freedom Packs to qualify for the free roaming offer, but freedom packs do work out cheaper than standard rates. If you are on any tariff as long as you have Vodafone Passport added (Vodafone passport is free - Pay as you go just text "passport" to 2345) then you will pay the same rates as you do at home for your calls and texts.

It does work out cheaer to use Freedom packs as the Simply PAYG price plan is 20p per min for calls and 10p per txts whereas a £10 Freedom pack would give you 100mins and 300txts.
  • skappy70
    Options
    Are you 100% sure that Freedom packs can be used abroad as the Freedom Pack T & C's state:
    3. Usage: Texts and minutes included in your Pack are for UK use only (excluding Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) to standard UK landline numbers (beginning 01, 02, 03), standard UK mobiles and voicemail. You will be charged at your standard price plan rate for any out of Pack
  • skappy70
    Options
    Just found this FAQ on the Vadafone website:
    Can I use my Vodafone pay as you go Freedom Pack minutes abroad?
    Yes, but you can only use your Vodafone Freedom Pack minutes with Vodafone Passport - after the first three minutes then the rest of your call can come from your Vodafone Freedom Pack minutes (up to the usual Vodafone Passport limits).
  • jrs101
    jrs101 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use PAYG through ASDA who use Vodafone netowrk. Does this apply to that service too?
  • petercobby
    Options
    Who is the Vodaphone partner in France? I couldn't see it on the list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure