We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

US ($) Currency Thread 2

Options

Comments

• neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    Options
    Dropped back to low 1.63's.
    Well time for me to go hit some balls!

I'll be back to see how them little yellow fellas are helping later
  • Keith99
    Keith99 Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Strong start to the morning. 1.6406
  • Wirral_Girl
    Wirral_Girl Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    OOh that is good,
    I'm waiting for the magic $1.70, at this rate could be by next week :D

Mr Bond, hope you managed to hit some good balls yesterday!:rotfl:
  • ratkarth
    ratkarth Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    Happy days
  • johnpaul74
    johnpaul74 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Keith99 wrote: »
    Strong start to the morning. 1.6406

Looking better! :j
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    09:41 10Jun09 GBP/USD Takes A Dip

0941 GMT - After printing the day's high of 1.6444 GBP/USD dipped before the UK data run and has slipped further despite industrial production coming in slightly better than expected. GBP/USD trades down to 1.6385 from around 1.6420 just before the data. Next support comes in at 1.6360 where there is talk of stops below. (GST)

bouncing back now
    1.6415 trading
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • whatusername
    whatusername Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to see how well it's recovered from last weeks lows.
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    09:53 10Jun09 MARKET TALK: Is That It For GBP/USD?

0853 GMT- In research written before the European open BNP Paribas looked for GBP/USD to meet resistance at 1.6440 and then return toward 1.6245 and 1.6080. Well the session high has been 1.6444 and since then the rate has fallen
    to 1.6380. However, the bank does say that if 1.6440 is overcome then the recent high of 1.6655 would be challenged. GBP/USD now at 1.6412. (GST)

nothing like hedging your bets !!
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    10:57 10Jun09 GBP/USD: Safety Plays Behind Latest Dollar Recovery

[09:57 GBP/USD: Safety Plays Behind Latest Dollar Recovery] London, June 10.

The market is scratching around for a reason for the latest Dollar rebound and the pointers suggest safe haven plays could be behind the drop in Cable from levels around 1.6380 to 1.6325.

News that the IMF money for the Ukraine will be larger than previously reported plus the Fitch view that Latvia has a rising risk of devaluation look to have spooked the currency markets. We are also hearing that a large Cable sell order might have been shunted through the market by a UK clearer.

Once the emerging worries have eased (we think that Latvia devaluation risks are actually diminishing) and once any Cable orders are completed we expect to see Sterling recover back to the 1.6370-90 area as Dollar weakness returns.
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.6425 trading now
    bounced off low of 1.6325
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport