🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

US ($) Currency Thread 2

Options

Comments

• whatusername
    whatusername Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keith99 wrote: »
    Upto 1.6147 now. No idea why!

Chances are that it looks like the Government are sticking with Gordon Brown therefor it has regained a bit of stability which will help. No doubt there are other factors there also.
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    Chances are that it looks like the Government are sticking with Gordon Brown therefor it has regained a bit of stability which will help. No doubt there are other factors there also.

thats a big factor, and also more good housing figures from RICS (although personally I still take any good news from housing sector with a pinch of salt - just ask Neil !)

09:03 09Jun09 (GBP) RICS publishes better than expected survey

(GBP) The UK RICS report of a balance of estate agents reporting increased house prices firming to -44.1% in the 3mths to May, from an upwardly revised -58.7% in Apr, beats the consensus forecast of -51, and reinforces the view that the stabilisation in the housing market is continuing. More crucially, the survey shows a rise in the home sales-to-unsold stocks ratio, to 0.20, from 0.15 in the 3mths to Apr, which points to a further ebbing of annual house price deflation in the months ahead. This reaffirmation of improving housing market conditions should be construed as supportive for GBP in the s/t. The question now is whether a relapse is seen further down the road, or whether this trend will be sustained over the m/t to l/t.

cable 1.6150 trading now
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    been down to 1.6080
    back up to 1.6170 now
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    Options
    thats a big factor, and also more good housing figures from RICS (although personally I still take any good news from housing sector with a pinch of salt - just ask Neil !)
    Yeah. I'm having a nightmare at the moment trying to get a loan here.
    I was OK'd for one... now they're putting more conditions on it... f'kers

Still... 1.6189... got to smile at that
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.6220 trading now
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    Yeah. I'm having a nightmare at the moment trying to get a loan here.
    I was OK'd for one... now they're putting more conditions on it... f'kers

Still... 1.6189... got to smile at that

did they pull the plug as soon as you said rugeley ;) ?
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • neilbond007
    Options
    did they pull the plug as soon as you said rugeley ;) ?
    Well this was the conversation
    Loan bloke "So Mr Bond, all looks to be going well with the purchase of your new home. I must say it's a beautiful house. You say you still have a house in the UK?"
    NB - "Yes"
    LB - "Wow. I love England. Do you know the queen? I also knew this guy who did some work over there once. His name's Jim. Have you met him?"
    NB - "No, and no"
    LB - "OK. Not to worry. He's a lovely guy. You must meet him sometime. So, your house. where abouts in the UK is it?"
    NB - "Rugeley"
    LB - "RUGELEY! HOLY CER-AP! GET OUT! GET OUT AND NEVER COME BACK!"
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.6265 trading

rocket maaaaaan....
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • neilbond007
    Options
    well we've been holding steady at the 1.628X mark for a while now... we're due for a spurt up! (or a drop down).
  • neilbond007
    Options
    We have a spurt! up to 1.6361. Happy days!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure