IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking fine on david lloyd car park

Options
Hi I received a parking ticket on david lloyd car park for parking in disabled bay:o i know i shouldnt have but it was early morning and lots of other disabled bays left just sick of getting car damaged by others opening their doors on me. I wasnt aware that they had private parking company monitoring the carpark. Car park management uk (I presume they are private). The fine is £60 if paid in next 2 weeks or £75 after that. Then they say they will get details from DVLA and the fine goes up to £100 then £135 then court action etc etc. Is it really ok to ignore these people?
I spoke to the gym and told them i wasnt aware of the fineing process they said there were signs ( all the signs that are up are facing wrong way or in bushes I found the signs after when i went looking for them) but they said couldnt help me as the company were seperate to them.
pls help

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    What do you expect? You park in a disabled bay.
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No sympathy from me...my husband is disabled and we are sick and tired of having to park away from where we want to go because selfish inconsiderate people dont want to get their hair wet!!!
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • seadee
    seadee Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    You did not get a "fine"
    Private parking companies cannot issue fines. you received an invoice

Do a search on here and you will find lots of pertinent info.

Although I do not approve of the fact that you parked in a bay intended for blue badge holders you are unlikely to have to pay anything
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    David Lloyd people are probably lying to you. If its their property they will have a contract with the robbers.
    It is unenforceable tosh. Ignore them, They can't 'fine' anyone.
    Did they use the word 'fine' ? take pictures of the poor signage before they clear it up. tell all the other members of the club about this and that the invoices that get issued are rubbish. Also mention that the club may be complicit. if you know any fellow members who are solicitors and who understand contract issues they could have a field day with this.
  • DCodd
    DCodd Posts: 8,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I received a parking ticket on david lloyd car park for parking in disabled bay:o i know i shouldnt have but it was early morning and lots of other disabled bays left just sick of getting car damaged by others opening their doors on me. I wasnt aware that they had private parking company monitoring the carpark. Car park management uk (I presume they are private). The fine is £60 if paid in next 2 weeks or £75 after that. Then they say they will get details from DVLA and the fine goes up to £100 then £135 then court action etc etc. Is it really ok to ignore these people?
    I spoke to the gym and told them i wasnt aware of the fineing process they said there were signs ( all the signs that are up are facing wrong way or in bushes I found the signs after when i went looking for them) but they said couldnt help me as the company were seperate to them.
    pls help

Parkin in a disabled bay. NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!! Promise you will not do it again!!!

They have to prove that YOU were the driver! If they can not then you do not have to pay!! If they have photographic evidence that YOU PARKED the vehicle in that bay then I am Afraid you are stuffed!!!!
    Always get a Qualified opinion - My qualifications are that I am OLD and GRUMPY:p:p
  • sporedude
    Options
    Why should they get away with it? Parking in a disabled bay without the proper badge should be punished. Get over it, Pay the cash and dont park in a disabled bay.

Simples.
  • seadee
    Options
    DCodd wrote: »
    Parkin in a disabled bay. NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!! Promise you will not do it again!!!

They have to prove that YOU were the driver! If they can not then you do not have to pay!! If they have photographic evidence that YOU PARKED the vehicle in that bay then I am Afraid you are stuffed!!!!

No you are not.
  • seadee
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    Why should they get away with it? Parking in a disabled bay without the proper badge should be punished. Get over it, Pay the cash and dont park in a disabled bay.

Simples.

Two wrongs do not make a right and there is no reason to pay this illegal charge
  • sporedude
    Options
    Should be taken as a warning not to do it again.
  • DCodd
    DCodd Posts: 8,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »

Simples.

With all due respect. Personal opinion should not come into this. All tickets issued by Private Parking Companies have some form of reasoning behind them and someone somewhere feels that they are issued for a good reason.

The op asked a question and it was answered!
    Always get a Qualified opinion - My qualifications are that I am OLD and GRUMPY:p:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure