parking fine on david lloyd car park - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

parking fine on david lloyd car park

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
60 replies 11K views

Replies

• sporedudesporedude Forumite
    1.6K posts
    True, Can still give opinions though, Still, Should be no excuses for using disabled parking bays.
  • taxiphiltaxiphil Forumite
    2K posts
    DCodd wrote: »
    If they have photographic evidence that YOU PARKED the vehicle in that bay then I am Afraid you are stuffed!!!!

........you would only be "stuffed" if Car Park Management UK can overturn a precedent set in 1915 (Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co. Ltd. v New Garage & Motor Co. Ltd.) and has been a cornerstone of English law ever since, which says that penalty clauses are invalid. Damages can only be awarded for actual losses. And what are their actual losses? Nil. Hence they can claim the sum of nil from you.

No Private Parking Company has since managed to get that precdent changed. And, boy oh boy, have they tried. The chances of Car Park Management UK suing you and managing to overturn it are similar to your chances of winning the lottery this Saturday.

Ignore the holier than thou brigade on this thread. You can safely ignore this invoice and nothing at all will happen to you. It's just a mail-based scam which relies entirely on frightening and intimidating people into paying. Any threats about the penalty increasing if you don't pay by next week are just pure fantasy on their part. You owe them nothing.
  • seadeeseadee Forumite
    400 posts
    sporedude wrote: »
    True, Can still give opinions though, Still, Should be no excuses for using disabled parking bays.

Indeed. Very annoying
  • I know i was wrong i am sorry but it was at a quiet time and plenty of other disabled bays were free i was only in a short space of time i would have expected a slap on the wrist at least but £75 to say as i pay £128 a month for a couple membership I didnt expect a private club to fine it members.
  • sarahg1969sarahg1969 Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they have photographic evidence that YOU PARKED the vehicle in that bay then I am Afraid you are stuffed!!!!

Wrong. Disabled bays have no legal meaning in private car parks.

OP, file it. And don't do it again.
  • DCoddDCodd Forumite
    8.2K posts
    seadee wrote: »
    No you are not.

David Lloyd centre will have a legal obligation to provide diasabled parking and to have a system where by those parking bays are available for Disabled drivers (Disability discrimination ACT 1).

IF they marked and signed the bay correctly and have photographic evidence that YOU PARKED YOUR VEHICLE in a bay clearly marked as disabled then a breach of contract CAN be proved and if it went to court they would probably win.
    Always get a Qualified opinion - My qualifications are that I am OLD and GRUMPY:p:p
  • DCoddDCodd Forumite
    8.2K posts
    sarahg1969 wrote: »
    Wrong. Disabled bays have no legal meaning in private car parks.

OP, file it. And don't do it again.

That is true but they do have meaning under the Disability Discrimination Act

http://www.dft.gov.uk/transportforyou/access/bluebadge/pubs/factsheets/measurestotacklemisuseofoffs5981

See part 3
    Always get a Qualified opinion - My qualifications are that I am OLD and GRUMPY:p:p
  • taxiphiltaxiphil Forumite
    2K posts
    IF they marked and signed the bay correctly and have photographic evidence that YOU PARKED YOUR VEHICLE in a bay clearly marked as disabled then a breach of contract CAN be proved and if it went to court they would probably win.

What would they win exactly? The amount they are asking for (the penalty)?

So you think they will successfully overturn a fundamental legal precedent that has been in force for 94 years?

Have you actually read my post above?
  • DCoddDCodd Forumite
    8.2K posts
    taxiphil wrote: »
    What would they win exactly? The amount they are asking for (the penalty)?

So you think they will successfully overturn a fundamental legal precedent that has been in force for 94 years?

Have you actually read my post above?

Being in breach of the above-mentioned act carries a financial cost.

This is not me saying this it is the Dept of Transport!
  • savemoneysavemoney Forumite
    18.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish more companies would be more proactive approach on lazy people. I have a disabled (BB holder) daughter she often has to walk further because of abuse from none disabled drivers

You knew it was wrong yet still did it.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support