Comments

• southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The poxy Amex card still isn't here! :wall:

They did say it would be 7-10 working days though! :doh:

Haven't really got much else to report.

Need to get easter eggs for nephew and niece so that will be a fiver probably. Get paid on friday and have £35 in the bank and £16 in my pocket! :D
  • southernscouser
    Options
    I've got far too much time on my hands! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Have just worked out all my outgoings for next month. Think I've included everything.

Loan = £371.57
    Rent = £250
    Petrol = £100
    Football = £15
    BT = £13
    Internet = £14.99
    Mobile = £30
    HSBC CC = £67.50
    Amazon CC = £43.02
    Morgan Stanley CC = £46 approx.
    Tesco CC = £15 approx.
    Capital One CC = £204 approx.
    Egg CC = £5

Total = £1,175.08

Salary = £1,317.90

Leaving me with £142.82 approx.

However, things are a bit different this month. I should be getting paid about £1,430 but I'm also going to be paying off my Egg card which is an extra payment off £96.40.

So in theory I will be left with about £158 approx.

Now that money is basically mine to spend how I wish but am thinking of giving budgeting a go! For example withdrawing £100 a month in cash and using that to buy anything I want, ie toiletries, fishing, that sort of thing!

That money will also have to include things like Easter, birthdays, that sort of thing!

How does everyone else do it? :confused:
  • themaccas
    themaccas Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly wanted to say ONLY £30 TIL SUB £30K day!!!!!!!!

Ok, we have a weekly budget of £150. Out of that we pay for food/toiletries etc, petrol, car parking, pocket money and other expenses ie birthdays, weddings, cinema, days out, treats (what treats!). It is always very tight, we are a family of 5. I don't think we could do a monthly allowance as it would be gone in a week but if it works for you then that's great.
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello SS :)

This working out figures is addictive, to say the least! :rotfl:

I have only been doing this for the last 3 weeks but I love the way it's working for me and I am working on getting better at it ;)

I made an agreement with myself that I will only go to the cash point once a week and I will only use my debit card one day other than that. I also agreed with me (yes 'we' talk all the time! :p ) that the max I'd spend on non bills & non debt repayment is £50 per week.

So 3 weeks ago I took out £50, I spent just under £10 during weekdays, around £35 the weekend and all the change went into my various little pots :j Started week 2 with £50 again, spend some cash, used the debit card on one day. Total spend for the week was about £65.

When week 3 came, I didn't withdraw £50, I took out £35 as I was £15 over from the week before so I 'balanced' :D

This week is going OK, I went over by £5 so I am making up again but if I make it, I will have been within my personal spending budget for 4 weeks :j

Anyway, sorry for going on and on - that's how I do it! ;) Good luck!
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    I'm really excited! Found some old statements (5 years old) and I have been charged £359 in 'illegal' fees in just one year alone! I never realised I'd ever even been charged before! :o

So have signed up to the Bank Action Group website and have a tonne of stuff to read tomorrow before I start my claim! :j

I'm gonna screw them ba$tards for everything they've got! :cool: :rotfl:
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    I'm really excited! Found some old statements (5 years old) and I have been charged £359 in 'illegal' fees in just one year alone! I never realised I'd ever even been charged before! :o

So have signed up to the Bank Action Group website and have a tonne of stuff to read tomorrow before I start my claim! :j

I'm gonna screw them ba$tards for everything they've got! :cool: :rotfl:

Fab! That'll keep you busy and earn you money, perfect :D

I wasn't around last night but have just read through your original thread, amazing how far you've come!

However I must confess my first memory of 'meeting' you on here, as it were, will always be the car mats episode :rotfl:

I have to ask, cos I'm nosey, does your girlfriend still not know about your debt? Terrible possibility that you're not with her any more and I've just put foot well and truly in mouth, but I'll take that chance :o
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • moozie_2
    Options
    kathfisch wrote:
    I have to ask, cos I'm nosey, does your girlfriend still not know about your debt? Terrible possibility that you're not with her any more and I've just put foot well and truly in mouth, but I'll take that chance :o

Finally, someone asked! Been dying to know :o :rotfl:

Thanks Kath, you're braver than me ;)
  • southernscouser
    Options
    kathfisch wrote:

We split up about 2 weeks after I posted that! :rotfl:

I doubt coming clean would have saved things but I'm sure it did contribute to the problems! :rolleyes:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • moozie_2
    Options
    Sorry to hear that SS - clearly it was not meant to be :o

The new improved and debt free you will be a 'catch' ;) So for the moment, hope you are doing lots and lots of 'fishing' :p :rotfl:
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    We split up about 2 weeks after I posted that! :rotfl:

I doubt coming clean would have saved things but I'm sure it did contribute to the problems! :rolleyes:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh my, now I feel bad :o

I'm just too nosey for my own good aren't I?!

I hope it was a mutual thing, that you're not totally cut about it, or else I'll feel even worse for mentioning it :o

*note to self - quick, think of way to change the subject* :whistle: :rotfl:
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure