We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

SS's Debt Diary!

Options

Comments

• southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moozie wrote:
    Sorry to hear that SS - clearly it was not meant to be :o

The new improved and debt free you will be a 'catch' ;) So for the moment, hope you are doing lots and lots of 'fishing' :p :rotfl:

So it would seem! We were together 4 1/2 years! Engaged for 3 but hey !!!!!! happens! :rolleyes:

So I will be a catch in roughly 3 1/2 years! :rotfl:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    kathfisch wrote:
    Oh my, now I feel bad :o

I'm just too nosey for my own good aren't I?!

I hope it was a mutual thing, that you're not totally cut about it, or else I'll feel even worse for mentioning it :o

*note to self - quick, think of way to change the subject* :whistle: :rotfl:

I'm getting over it. The therapy sessions are helping tonnes and I'm down to only 3 sessions a week now which is good! :)

You weren't to know, don't worry! :)
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Hey well, that'll teach me to ask silly questions won't it!

Good luck with your bank charges claim by the way! I have to admit there's part of me that wishes I'd been charged these penalties by the bank so that I could have a fight with them and get them back. Ok, so I know that sounds silly, and it is only a small part of me, but still....

..... think I just feel left out.....

.....I feel left out of being charged unfair penalties by my bank and then having to go to the trouble of threatening them with court.... how silly :rotfl:

Ok, so I don't feel left out any more!

But I'm hoping things turn out well for everyone else :D
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • southernscouser
    Options
    I was only pulling your leg about the therapy! :p;)

Like the way you swerved the subject though! :rotfl:
  • kathfisch
    Options
    I was only pulling your leg about the therapy! :p;)

Like the way you swerved the subject though! :rotfl:

Well its hard to tell sometimes, without tone of voice and all!

Didn't want to try the whole "foot in mouth" syndrome twice in one evening, not room for both feet in there :rotfl:

Didn't mean to be flippant bout your relationship either though, break ups are hard, especially when you're engaged (I'd imagine :o).
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • southernscouser
    Options
    kathfisch wrote:
    Well its hard to tell sometimes, without tone of voice and all!

Didn't want to try the whole "foot in mouth" syndrome twice in one evening, not room for both feet in there :rotfl:

Didn't mean to be flippant bout your relationship either though, break ups are hard, especially when you're engaged (I'd imagine :o).

Don't be daft! :)

It still makes me wonder whether things would have turned out different if I'd been honest about my debts to her! We never did anything coz I couldn't afford to do anything so things kind of sizzled out! But never mind! As my favourite motto says '!!!!!! happens'! :rotfl:
  • kathfisch
    Options
    Don't be daft! :)

It still makes me wonder whether things would have turned out different if I'd been honest about my debts to her! We never did anything coz I couldn't afford to do anything so things kind of sizzled out! But never mind! As my favourite motto says '!!!!!! happens'! :rotfl:

True, you can wonder "what if..." forever can't you?

I know from my own experience, towards the end of my relationship (last oct) I didn't really want to talk to my gf about anything. I think i knew it wasn't working between us, subconciously before I admitted it to myself, and I felt like talking to her was pointless. Especially about anything serious like money! Also the fact that she just started to get on my nerves :mad: :rotfl:

Breaking up has been the best money saving thing I've done, he he! I don't feel pressured into spending now and I'm happier so less of the comfort spending :rolleyes:

I don't know if any of this is similar to you but I'd agree that your worrying about money probably did affect things in some way, whether consciously or not.

Weird how it affects things that don't even seem to be money related :confused:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    kathfisch wrote:
    True, you can wonder "what if..." forever can't you?

I know from my own experience, towards the end of my relationship (last oct) I didn't really want to talk to my gf about anything. I think i knew it wasn't working between us, subconciously before I admitted it to myself, and I felt like talking to her was pointless. Especially about anything serious like money! Also the fact that she just started to get on my nerves :mad: :rotfl:

Breaking up has been the best money saving thing I've done, he he! I don't feel pressured into spending now and I'm happier so less of the comfort spending :rolleyes:

I don't know if any of this is similar to you but I'd agree that your worrying about money probably did affect things in some way, whether consciously or not.

Weird how it affects things that don't even seem to be money related :confused:

I think I was the one that got on her nerves in the end! :doh: :rotfl:
  • kathfisch
    Options
    I think I was the one that got on her nerves in the end! :doh: :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Well then she obviously wasn't the right one ;)
  • comicmankev
    comicmankev Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    Options
    My mind is blowing with this, please, PLEASE I don't care how you do it, but pay £30 of your debt and put it in the £29,***.** figures, it would help me as much as you - lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport