Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips

Options

Comments

• libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I received a £10 Tesco gift card from VO several days ago. It did take quite a few weeks before sending. They are usually quite good.

Hope it arrives soon.
  • FudgeCake
    FudgeCake Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Got a mail from "Su Gray Market Research" earlier telling me of a focus group to go to. I didn't reply, as it didn't apply to me and I didn't remember signing up for it. Could have done though, under something I entered, as signed up to a few survey sites this week..
    Then I got another from them a minute ago saying...."WHEN YOU REGISTERED I DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR ANNUAL FEE. PLEASE GO BACK ON LINE TO PAY WITH YOUR PASSWORD OR IF YOU PREFER YOU CAN SEND A CHEQUE TO PO BOX 614 EDGWARE HA8 4FD.
    (IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH DATE OF PAYMENT AND I WILL LOOK IT UP.)
    P.S. PLEASE EMAIL WHEN YOU HAVE PAID OR SENT YOUR CHEQUE KIND REGARDS SUE"

There's no e mail link to reply to her and no unsubscribe. can't even find the site online. Shall I just ignore it? I don't want to have signed with something and then owe them money when I didn't know.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FudgeCake wrote: »
    Got a mail from "Su Gray Market Research" earlier telling me of a focus group to go to. I didn't reply, as it didn't apply to me and I didn't remember signing up for it. Could have done though, under something I entered, as signed up to a few survey sites this week..
    Then I got another from them a minute ago saying...."WHEN YOU REGISTERED I DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR ANNUAL FEE. PLEASE GO BACK ON LINE TO PAY WITH YOUR PASSWORD OR IF YOU PREFER YOU CAN SEND A CHEQUE TO PO BOX 614 EDGWARE HA8 4FD.
    (IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH DATE OF PAYMENT AND I WILL LOOK IT UP.)

There's no e mail link to reply to her and no unsubscribe. can't even find the site online. Shall I just ignore it? I don't want to have signed with something and then owe them money when I didn't know.

I would just ignore it, but if you search google for "Su Gray Market Research" it's the first site on the list. In fact when I tried it, it was the first 6 sites listed.
  • FudgeCake
    edited 17 October 2010 at 7:24PM
    Options
    I would just ignore it, but if you search google for "Su Gray Market Research" it's the first site on the list. In fact when I tried it, it was the first 6 sites listed.

Really? I didn't use google ,...that'll teach me. I'll have a look. Thank you. :)

Edited, just gone and had a look and it doesn't ring any bells. Would hate to be owing anyone money that I don't know of though.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FudgeCake wrote: »

sounds suss to me. The vacancies on her site, haven't been updated since 2006. And why charge a fee? Quick scan doesn't show there is a fee, you can unsubscribe by emailing.

admin@sugraymarketresearch.com
  • FudgeCake
    Options
    aureol212 wrote: »
    sounds suss to me. The vacancies on her site, haven't been updated since 2006. And why charge a fee? Quick scan doesn't show there is a fee, you can unsubscribe by emailing.

[EMAIL="admin@sugraymarketresearch.com"]admin@sugraymarketresearch.com[/EMAIL]

Thank you, I couldn't see where to do it. :)
  • FudgeCake
    edited 18 October 2010 at 8:14PM
    Options
    Started doing surveys last week ,...didn't even know such things existed till I read it here, so thank you.
    The ones I'm getting on best with are Lightspeed and Toluna. Nearly got 40,000 points on Toluna for my first Amazon voucher, so I'm really pleased. I think you need 80,000 for a £15 voucher

Just wanted to know really, how long do the Amazon vouchers take , once you redeem your points?
    Also, I'm on benefits and rang them today to see if I had to declare anything but they said no....is this right? I thought I'd have to tell them but, maybe as it's vouchers, they don't care. Don't want to get in trouble.
    Thank you. :)
  • VO is one of my favourite survey sites, i emptied my account at the end of June and i already have £35. I get a lot of invitations from them, and the best thing is if you redeem your money for Amazon Vouchers, they email you the code straight away, no messing about.
  • mistywoos
    Options
    Tried to join but it says that someone has joined using my e-mail address. When I try to get the password it says no one listed has that e-mail address. Tried twice - gave up!!
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    How do I join?
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business