We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips

1…1011131516…22

Comments

  • I have been a member of Valued Opinions for 4 months and although in general I have found the rewards nice (not particularly good value but these pounds do accumulate! Ave £10pm) I have emailed them now 3 times regarding my increasing suspicions that not everything is being paid correctly - I have so far had 2 replies from them, both very vague, and awaiting a third - I will keep you informed of their responses...
  • hexpansion
    hexpansion Posts: 7 Forumite
    I said I would keep a record of Valued Opinions responses...my last email highlighted 4 surveys which I had completed and which I believed had gone unrewarded and which had disappeared off the pending list, so most would not notice. Their reply states that
    "Due to a technical glitch your account was missed at the rewarding time. Please rest assured that I have manually credited your account with £0.50."
    - no mention of the other 3 surveys missing in action! I have contacted them again...
    Is it just me or does the short and sweet reply seem a little patronising (only 50p, blah, blah)? I note that they state over 450000 members, that's a lot of 50ps!
  • cootambear wrote: »
    getting a little tired with them, last 4x after numerous question, told I do not qualify for the survey :(

    Couldn't agree more: a big con, Martin shouldn't recommend them. Plus never got paid for 4 surveys I did complete.
  • LDH
    LDH Posts: 33 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary
    Yesterday, i logged on to the Valued Opinions website to check a few things as i hadn't received any survey invitations for a couple of weeks where once a day was the norm. I contacted them via their email form and received a response today with a copied and pasted section (email was clearly in two halves) stating:



    "Our database has blocked your account because you have failed one or more of our quality control checks.

    This may include giving answers within a survey that contradicted each other, doing the surveys too quickly to have read them correctly, putting the same answer for each question without reading the questions, i.e. clicking question 1 each time, or failing to put a typed response to a question if required."



    So they are telling me i have done something wrong but nothing more specific. I had nearly £20 in rewards waiting to be claimed which had accumulated since last year. I have tried to log on today in order to claim a voucher only to find my account has now been deleted (as a result of my email enquiry possibly) meaning i have answered surveys over many, many months, all for nothing. :mad:
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Hi

    Closed my VO account after I received my last Amazon voucher. Took way too long to receive my pending points.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

  • Marteebies
    Marteebies Posts: 296 Forumite
    LDH wrote: »
    Yesterday, i logged on to the Valued Opinions website to check a few things as i hadn't received any survey invitations for a couple of weeks where once a day was the norm. I contacted them via their email form and received a response today with a copied and pasted section (email was clearly in two halves) stating:



    "Our database has blocked your account because you have failed one or more of our quality control checks.

    This may include giving answers within a survey that contradicted each other, doing the surveys too quickly to have read them correctly, putting the same answer for each question without reading the questions, i.e. clicking question 1 each time, or failing to put a typed response to a question if required."



    So they are telling me i have done something wrong but nothing more specific. I had nearly £20 in rewards waiting to be claimed which had accumulated since last year. I have tried to log on today in order to claim a voucher only to find my account has now been deleted (as a result of my email enquiry possibly) meaning i have answered surveys over many, many months, all for nothing. :mad:


    Hi,

    I've just read your message and feel extremely sorry for you as it can take a long time to built points for vouchers.

    I suggest you call them (020 7921 2261) and find out exactly what's going on! It's not acceptable

    I am still awaiting my voucher (after 3 weeks) and have never experience this problem on the many other survey websites I use; yougov, panelopinion, toluna, surveyfriends etc!
    :eek: 2014: £20 voucher from SurveyFriends, £10 cash payout from Panel Opinion too and working towards more from Valued Opinions currently.
    2013: £35 and £50 vouchers from SurveyFriends! More than £15 made from other paid surveys sites (Yougov, Panel Opinion, Valued Opinions, Pinecone, etc.) Happy so far!
  • Previously I had ranked Valued Opinions as easily one of the better survey sites (and I've tried a great many).

    However, like others it seems, I have also been inundated with 'technical errors' lately. Twice in the last 4-5 days it has happened directly after finishing the survey and about to "submit" the finished answers. They have (so far at least) refused to reply to emails.

    I find this to be something less than coincidence, and will be dumping them as soon as I get my next voucher.
  • shabbadoof13
    shabbadoof13 Posts: 137 Forumite
    LDH wrote: »
    Yesterday, i logged on to the Valued Opinions website to check a few things as i hadn't received any survey invitations for a couple of weeks where once a day was the norm. I contacted them via their email form and received a response today with a copied and pasted section (email was clearly in two halves) stating:



    "Our database has blocked your account because you have failed one or more of our quality control checks.

    This may include giving answers within a survey that contradicted each other, doing the surveys too quickly to have read them correctly, putting the same answer for each question without reading the questions, i.e. clicking question 1 each time, or failing to put a typed response to a question if required."



    So they are telling me i have done something wrong but nothing more specific. I had nearly £20 in rewards waiting to be claimed which had accumulated since last year. I have tried to log on today in order to claim a voucher only to find my account has now been deleted (as a result of my email enquiry possibly) meaning i have answered surveys over many, many months, all for nothing. :mad:

    I had that very email from them months ago

    i moaned about it and they reversed it
  • Bunny82
    Bunny82 Posts: 205 Forumite
    I have a 'Completed not rewarded' status on a survey from 15/5/12 and a 'Miscellaneous reward pending' on one from 8/5/12. Is it worth me emailing them?

    I've also have a completed survey missing from the Pending Credits list. :mad:
    Dry January: 31/31 days. :T
  • ukclare
    ukclare Posts: 237 Forumite
    Bunny82 wrote: »
    I have a 'Completed not rewarded' status on a survey from 15/5/12


    I questioned one of these recently and got a lovely, personal email back explaining that it was a very quick, one or two questions which was not payable. It is a bit annoying that they even put this on the account as I had one outstanding from January that I queried recently.

    Definitely worth sending an email on any other questions. You have done the work and should be paid what you are owed!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.