Great Factory Shops Hunt

Options

Comments

• Kzlnd
    Kzlnd Posts: 548 Forumite
    Options
    VegasKitty wrote:
    Re Southampton, theres the rather poor outlet centre Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, but I'm not sure of to many others.

I know of two food shops. One is in Misson, S. Yorks, open to anyone. Its not a factory shop, but its sells stuff super cheap! I mean, £2 bars of lindt choc for 20P etc. We stock up on coffee & tea as they always have great savings! I got a bag of 500 pg tips bags for £1. Most of the stuff is pretty close to sell by date, but a fair amount isn't, some of it is rubbish, of course, but we always pop in if we are in the area & have had some amazing bargains, including beer & wines & spirits!

The other one, which really is a factory shop is in Barnsley, S. Yorks, just off the M1. You need a membership card, but we managed to get one pretty easily. we wrote to them & explained our catering experience (its aimed at people who work in the catering trade, but not for people who run their own catering businesses! so be careful what you write)

This is fabulous! Waitrose & M&S ready meals for 49p, £15 joints of m&S meat £2! catering 2ltr tubs of Asda currys, 49! & loads, loads, loads more! Its called 'Company Sales' & its always absolutely packed! you'll have to google the info on these as I'm afraid I don't know it.

Is the factory shop in Barnsley near Twibell Street (around Wharf St/Eaming View maybe?) :confused: Sure there is something to that effect around there.. Or not? :o :rotfl:
    The £2.00 Coin Savers Club = approx £22.00 :rolleyes: :j.. The 20p Savers Club = £17.80.

:j
    x
  • muddyfox470
    muddyfox470 Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    when i went to the glen mcarthur retail outlet in ashford, they had a christy towel shop.

the stuff in there was very cheap, not only was most of the stuff 50% off, but at the time there was a further 20% off everything in store! not bad tbh.

got a good supply of towels for uni, christy towels are pretty awesome tbh, and they also had egyptian cotton towels as well! i.e. one bath towel was £33 reduced to £11.50

ian

nearer to home, in shropshire there isnt taht many tbh, i have seen and heard of factory shops, but they have since closed down :(
    Student Moneysaving Expert :beer:
  • VegasKitty
    Options
    ARRGH! I just spent like 20 mins writing a massive reply & the stupid computer logged me out!! arrggh!!

right you guys, the one at Barnsley: ( I have no idea why you guys couldn't find it. All I put in to BT was Company sales + Barnsely & it came straight up?).

Company Shop Ltd

Dry Goods

Sales
    Tel: 01226 350902
    Rockingham Indust Est Sheffield Rd, Birdwell, Barnsley S70 5TW

Going north on M1, take jct 36 Tankersley, at roundabout at top, take the left, then the first right. follow this road down to a T junction & turn left. Factory shop is a few yards up the road on the right, with a huge sign.

Misson;

I don't know for certain this is it, but its on the same place on the map.

Pickersgill Sales Ltd
    telephone: 01302 719781
    Unit 1-4 Misson Mill, Bawtry Rd, Doncaster. DN10 6DP

If you take the road from Bawtry to Misson, its on the left hand side as you enter the village,its in kind of an small, run down industrial estate.
    You don't have to be a member~ anyone can walk in so just turn up! you can't miss itwhen you're there!

I really hope this helps you guys!
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, i tried to go through the whole thread but it is so long, does anyone know if there is any round Essex? Thank you in advance :)
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    carrie483 wrote:
    Sorry, i tried to go through the whole thread but it is so long, does anyone know if there is any round Essex? Thank you in advance :)

M&S furniture (plus other top brands)SE

I know of a fantastic place in essex that,sell M&S, Laura Ashely, John Lewis furniture etc. It is in a really grotty warehouse and freezing cold but fantastic value for money. They have bedsteads, tables chairs sofa kitchens bathrooms.I spoke to one of the workers there and apparently they get them off the big stores when they get returned and are very slightly damaged. I paid a third of the normal price of some very good quality drawers from John Lewis. There are 2 warehouses by stansted airport off site about 5 minutes out.
    Also i forgot to mention that there are also items there from film sets that are sold on . Hope this is of help to someone. I will post details shortly of the exact address when oth comes back with my car with map details in. Tel . no. is01279 815028 location is molehill green first left after short stay car park and half a mile on the right. It is called just furnished.

HTH
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    I have had wonderful bargains from the potteries factory shops in Stoke on Trent, particularly for wedding/housewarming presents:

http://www.thepotteries.org/factory.htm

But I'd advise writing to the tourist board for their list with a map, and the traffic system is not for the faint-hearted, even without the huge road-building programme currently underway.
  • mrs_lds
    Options
    wendym wrote:
    I have had wonderful bargains from the potteries factory shops in Stoke on Trent, particularly for wedding/housewarming presents:

http://www.thepotteries.org/factory.htm

But I'd advise writing to the tourist board for their list with a map, and the traffic system is not for the faint-hearted, even without the huge road-building programme currently underway.

I brough a whole load of plates from the wedgwood factory here for £1.00 a plate normally £12.00 each. They don't chip and very good quality.

HTH
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote:
    I brough a whole load of plates from the wedgwood factory here for £1.00 a plate normally £12.00 each. They don't chip and very good quality.

HTH

Thanks for this, I need new plates.

From the list on the site which shop would you say is the best for bargains, or does it depend on what make you're after?
    :j
  • mrs_lds
    Options
    toozie wrote:
    Thanks for this, I need new plates.

From the list on the site which shop would you say is the best for bargains, or does it depend on what make you're after?

I'd say the wedgwodd factory is the best there are loads of discontiued items going really cheap. If you go at the begining of the year they have a clearout and of old stock and you can get beautiful sets for a fraction of the cost. If you live miles away you could combine this trip with a visit to Alton Towers which is not too far away. Also beware of the traffic in this area as it is horrendous. Good luck
  • greencatrus
    Options
    has the wkd factory got a shop would be worth a trip with the amout my wife guzzles. Cheapest I've found so far is asda 3 4 packs for £10.
    you go all your life thinking that money and comfort will bring you happiness only to find all you need is something to be enthusiastic about.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure