We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sutton's default removal letters

Options

Comments

• Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    NID - Please help me.

Just been checking my latest credit reports and Egg Loans have suddenly slapped on my account details on my Experian showing the default. This has happened since I sent them the CCA request. The account details have always been on my Equifax but not my Experian. It also shows an outstanding balance of £303, which is untrue as I paid this account in full via a DCA. I didn't do a full and final settlement. I have the letter from Capquest saying that the account has been paid off in full.

Please can you help me with the letter to get these defaults removed as I sent the CCA request on Friday 22 May and still haven't received a response. In fact this is the response I get - more negative info added to my credit file!!
  • digitalphase
    digitalphase Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    Options
    Sammy_Girl wrote: »
    NID - Please help me.

Just been checking my latest credit reports and Egg Loans have suddenly slapped on my account details on my Experian showing the default. This has happened since I sent them the CCA request. The account details have always been on my Equifax but not my Experian. It also shows an outstanding balance of £303, which is untrue as I paid this account in full via a DCA. I didn't do a full and final settlement. I have the letter from Capquest saying that the account has been paid off in full.

Please can you help me with the letter to get these defaults removed as I sent the CCA request on Friday 22 May and still haven't received a response. In fact this is the response I get - more negative info added to my credit file!!

Capquest are a***holes, I was paying them in regards to a debt with with Marbles. I paid them every month on time. However they didn't report to Marbles that I'd paid them every month on time, instead they sent 3 payments at once to Marbles, so they were under the impression I had missed payments :mad:

Good luck with getting your defaults removed :mad:
  • Sammy_Girl
    Options
    Capquest are a***holes, I was paying them in regards to a debt with with Marbles. I paid them every month on time. However they didn't report to Marbles that I'd paid them every month on time, instead they sent 3 payments at once to Marbles, so they were under the impression I had missed payments :mad:

Good luck with getting your defaults removed :mad:

Its so annoying though isn't it??? I wouldn't mind but I remember calling up Egg in September 2008 after I had made my final payment to ask them when the account would show as settled on my reports. The guy on the phone said oh you still have £303 outstanding, and I told him that I hadn't made an F&F and that I'd paid the full amount - and then he admitted that the incorrect amount had been passed over to Capquest and that I had settled the bill.

Complete grotbags. I'm sure the Egg CC default will pop on my file tomorrow now. I can't wait to send them a second letter :mad:
  • jon_boy75
    jon_boy75 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its so annoying though isn't it??? I wouldn't mind but I remember calling up Egg in September 2008 after I had made my final payment to ask them when the account would show as settled on my reports. The guy on the phone said oh you still have £303 outstanding, and I told him that I hadn't made an F&F and that I'd paid the full amount - and then he admitted that the incorrect amount had been passed over to Capquest and that I had settled the bill.

Complete grotbags. I'm sure the Egg CC default will pop on my file tomorrow now. I can't wait to send them a second letter :mad:

exactly the same happened to me with Abbey. I informed them of a mistake, so they posted the same mistake (a false default) with another CRA, Experian.
    It's really frustrating...there is no way this is standard procedure, it's just vindictive. I'm hoping I will get to court so i can demonstrate this to a judge
  • Sammy_Girl
    Options
    jon_boy75 wrote: »
    exactly the same happened to me with Abbey. I informed them of a mistake, so they posted the same mistake (a false default) with another CRA, Experian.
    It's really frustrating...there is no way this is standard procedure, it's just vindictive. I'm hoping I will get to court so i can demonstrate this to a judge

Crikey. Good luck. Keep us updated :)
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Sammy, worry not - just await the response to your original letter. The action you mention is normal, they are now updating systems and have to ensure accuracy.....

Wait for their reply and let me know what they say - stay calm ;-)
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Parki_2
    Parki_2 Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr NID.

I emailed Cahoot on monday regarding the settled data for my account with them. They had put my accout had been settled in March this year. I informed them that it was incorrect and asked why they had put this. I have just checked my credit report and they have changed the date straight away to the actual date in november when I did close the account. They have not removed the note though. I am not happy at all with them managing to do that so quick and this has dragged on. Grrrr
  • Sammy_Girl
    Options
    Sammy, worry not - just await the response to your original letter. The action you mention is normal, they are now updating systems and have to ensure accuracy.....

Wait for their reply and let me know what they say - stay calm ;-)

Thanks NID - much appreciated :)

Will try and stay calm but its hard when they're being such tools :mad:

Anyways, they will be getting a second letter off me.

Hope everyone else is having better luck than me at the mo :o
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Parki wrote: »
    Mr NID.

I emailed Cahoot on monday regarding the settled data for my account with them. They had put my accout had been settled in March this year. I informed them that it was incorrect and asked why they had put this. I have just checked my credit report and they have changed the date straight away to the actual date in november when I did close the account. They have not removed the note though. I am not happy at all with them managing to do that so quick and this has dragged on. Grrrr

so they've sorted it for you yea? all happy?

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    Thanks NID - much appreciated :)

Will try and stay calm but its hard when they're being such tools :mad:

Anyways, they will be getting a second letter off me.

Hope everyone else is having better luck than me at the mo :o

Hold fire - give them an extra few days, there will be a crossover in the post, they always send them late - be prepared for it to come late but if you just let them forget for a month, then you have more stand to fight with as they've breached their very own governing rules....... just be patient....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family