We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sutton's default removal letters

Options

Comments

• Parki_2
    Parki_2 Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr NID.

The June 1st deadline has passed and I have not recieved a reply in that time. What would be the next thing to do? The rude people !
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Guys!

Good news!!!! My friend recieved a letter today. As a gesture of goodwill they DCA will be removing all the data from the CRA and have confirmed that he now owes them a balance of £0!!!

Proof! Unenforcability Exists!
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • Parki_2
    Options
    Hey Guys!

Good news!!!! My friend recieved a letter today. As a gesture of goodwill they DCA will be removing all the data from the CRA and have confirmed that he now owes them a balance of £0!!!

Proof! Unenforcability Exists!

Way to go! Alright for some although im still hopeful :)
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    Parki wrote: »
    Way to go! Alright for some although im still hopeful :)
    Good luck mate ;)
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • Parki_2
    Options
    Good luck mate ;)

Cheers pal! Might need a bit of luck now :)
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Parki wrote: »
    Cheers pal! Might need a bit of luck now :)

mate just chill and leave it another week - you dont want to shoot yourself in the foot.....

just hold fire :j
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance but I am struggling to see where the template is for a letter asking for the default to be removed in exchange for the balance being settled?

read the thread - all letters are here! obviously you need to amend the 1st paragraph to suit your specific needs..... :beer:

• Parki_2
    Options
    mate just chill and leave it another week - you dont want to shoot yourself in the foot.....

just hold fire :j

Yeah I am sure I can manage to wait another week. I have waited this long so I suppose a bit longer wont hurt ;p I soooo need to be patient! :)
  • jon_boy75
    jon_boy75 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jon_boy75 wrote: »
    my query doesnt really relate to bank charges, but the default in particular. I won the majority of charges back from them in 2007, and then realised they had posted a default notice. I wasnt very savvy at the time. when i queried the default last month, they then posted it with experian too! I never received a default notice and all of their dates are very confused. with one CRA they claim i defaulted, settled, closed the account all on the same day. this was the very same day they posted the entry on my credit file...the whole thing is just full of holes. I'm happy to move to another thread if this isnt the right place.
    thanks

shameless bump! any ideas folks?
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    jon_boy75 wrote: »
    shameless bump! any ideas folks?

send the letter on this thread (go back a couple of pages) and look for the account in dispute & s.10 letter. Failing that, have a read here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=20459909#post20459909 and send this letter: #32

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family