We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sutton's default removal letters

Options

Comments

• xxkizxx
    xxkizxx Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone please help me i am currently having disputes with a couple of my old creditors regarding default notices registered against me at the two main CRAs, registered this year (thought accounts had been paid in full not still outstanding ) these default notices were never sent to me and i would not of known they had been registered against me if i had not requested a copy of my credit report before applying for a mortgage, which unless i get these removed is a NO, should i write to the CRAs requesting these be removed due to the accounts being in dispute or the actuall creditors? if so anyone have a templete letter regarding this matter, looked at a number of sites but cant find the info i require.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    xxkizxx wrote: »
    Can anyone please help me i am currently having disputes with a couple of my old creditors regarding default notices registered against me at the two main CRAs, registered this year (thought accounts had been paid in full not still outstanding ) these default notices were never sent to me and i would not of known they had been registered against me if i had not requested a copy of my credit report before applying for a mortgage, which unless i get these removed is a NO, should i write to the CRAs requesting these be removed due to the accounts being in dispute or the actuall creditors? if so anyone have a templete letter regarding this matter, looked at a number of sites but cant find the info i require.

Read the 17 pages on this thread (about an hour) then you'll learn so much and will be able to use one of the many letters i've posted up for other people.

I am too busy to write you one i'm afraid but i'd look at this, and send similar leaving the legal jargon and changing para1 to suit your specific needs. The letters always go to the people that placed the default with a copy to the original lender if you want to.

The letter relevant to you is here - remember to change para 1: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=21796367&postcount=266
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • jon_boy75
    jon_boy75 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi there
    i've read as much as this thread as possible...excellent work by all. my question is this, is it the same process for default removal if it relates to a current account? there is no credit agreement for this.
    I am trying to get SAR acknowledged and answered by Abbey, but they're close to the 40 days now, so want to follow up with court action. I know you may think this is hasty, so am open to suggestions. Info Commisioner are swamped and cant really enforce anything anyway...I just want the default removed, it's false, was never issued to me and relates to overdraft following many, many bank charges back in 2006.
    thanks
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    jon_boy75 wrote: »
    hi there
    i've read as much as this thread as possible...excellent work by all. my question is this, is it the same process for default removal if it relates to a current account? there is no credit agreement for this.
    I am trying to get SAR acknowledged and answered by Abbey, but they're close to the 40 days now, so want to follow up with court action. I know you may think this is hasty, so am open to suggestions. Info Commisioner are swamped and cant really enforce anything anyway...I just want the default removed, it's false, was never issued to me and relates to overdraft following many, many bank charges back in 2006.
    thanks

send the account in dispute + s.10 letter as advised to poster above.... the exact same letter will suffice - yes bank accounts do have an agreement. But specifically overdrafts conform to the CCA - see here for additional info on this fact

If your complaint relates to bank charges then head over to banking for specific advice. This section is moreso credit cards and to be honest banks work slightly different, however you can still send a CCA request; dispute & cease & desist letter - just use this and amend first paragraph to suit your needs.... #328

Hope that helps - good luck :eek:

• jon_boy75
    Options
    good man!

thankyou very much...i will keep you posted on progress

Jon
  • jon_boy75
    Options
    my query doesnt really relate to bank charges, but the default in particular. I won the majority of charges back from them in 2007, and then realised they had posted a default notice. I wasnt very savvy at the time. when i queried the default last month, they then posted it with experian too! I never received a default notice and all of their dates are very confused. with one CRA they claim i defaulted, settled, closed the account all on the same day. this was the very same day they posted the entry on my credit file...the whole thing is just full of holes. I'm happy to move to another thread if this isnt the right place.
    thanks
  • jon_boy75
    Options
    sorry for all the questions, but im not certain they believed the account was in dispute when they defaulted me. I hadnt written to them at this stage, but had challenged the charges numerous times by phone and in the branch. I assume this is insufficient for saying it was officially in dispute.
    anyway, regardless of that, it was all bank charges anyway, AND they didnt issue a default notice
  • leemuddywaters
    Options
    Hi All, Hope you can help. I am looking for template letters as I would like to send letters to both Egg now with a DCA and also capital one asking for my defaults to be removed if I settle the balance. My capital one account was with a DCA but I received a letter from capital one saying it is now back in their hands - The balance of this is £46.

Should I send the letter to the DCA handling my egg account or egg themselves?

Hope you can help!
  • never-in-doubt
    edited 1 June 2009 at 11:42AM
    Options
    Hi All, Hope you can help. I am looking for template letters as I would like to send letters to both Egg now with a DCA and also capital one asking for my defaults to be removed if I settle the balance. My capital one account was with a DCA but I received a letter from capital one saying it is now back in their hands - The balance of this is £46.

Should I send the letter to the DCA handling my egg account or egg themselves?

Hope you can help!

i've already answered this and pointed you in direction of letter to send.... :confused:

Here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=21844409#post21844409

and

Here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=21845195#post21845195

• leemuddywaters
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance but I am struggling to see where the template is for a letter asking for the default to be removed in exchange for the balance being settled?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport