The Mystery Shopping thread - VIII

Options

Comments

• woohoo_postingid
    Options
    I once had a till showing an hour difference after the clock went forward thus I was outside of the time gap. They didn't query it at all.
  • mharzuk
    mharzuk Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!
    RE gap jobs. I use a digital watch for my timings...down to the second as requested. But the receipt I get then shows a different clock time. So i adjust my times to reflect the receipt time (but still keeping the same gap times between queing, being served etc!) do you think this is ok?
    I visted a shop recently that had just opened the day before and the date on the receipt was one day out! I aways use my own watch as well and put a note at the end if it affects the scheduling. HTH
    Couldn't think of anything witty to say so just keeping the space until I can :(
    Stripper No 7 in HCSC :D
  • flyer
    flyer Posts: 2,215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did a fast food chicken job yesterday and the whole process from ordering to leaving the counter took 40 seconds! Can anyone beat that?
    Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
  • TractorGirl327
    TractorGirl327 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    flyer wrote: »
    I did a fast food chicken job yesterday and the whole process from ordering to leaving the counter took 40 seconds! Can anyone beat that?
    Did that include the time it took to eat it as well? ;):rotfl:
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • anika
    anika Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    flyer wrote: »

That happened to me on one of my shops and when I typed the report I kept getting error come up, please explain, My visits was between 1700 and 1900 hours and I got there at on the dot and they queried my recording!
  • aplaceinthesun
    Options
    Ive had that with the error coming up too about the timings when theyve been 'too quick' !
  • ukmonkey
    ukmonkey Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Time for a new thread guys:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1762957

Please update your bookmarks, I'm going to get this thread locked and the new one made sticky.
  • Scaredy_Cat_3
    Scaredy_Cat_3 Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    Options
    josie wrote: »
    It is worth signing up, even if they don't take you on, tho, as they send you quite a few 1st class stamps anyway, for your trouble. I'm sure someone will post the link again. It was on here about 3 threads ago!

I've also just been re-contacted last week to ask if I'm still interested. I said yes, so will see how it pans out.

***sulks***

I signed up last year and a week or so AFTER I'd been accepted, I got an email saying they didn't need people in my area. I got NOWT!!!! :mad:
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 19 June 2009 at 11:41AM
    Options
    mharzuk wrote: »
    If you answer questions on the quality of the item MSed such as hair cut, meal etc then it is non taxable.

If its groceries you have to buy to assess the quality of service and you keep the groceries but don’t answer questions on their quality then these items are taxable.

As a very wise person on this thread once told us (Mr T was it you?) by giving these items to charity (which we all do, don’t you??????) then you don’t get the benefit of them and therefore are tax deductible as well.

UKM should this be another button on your whizzy spreadsheet for charitable donations?

Hint: most of the MS supermarket questionnaires ask for a comment on the quality of the display. (Was the fresh meat nice enough to buy - that sort of thing).

If you happened to buy some and make a comment in the report (looked nice but cooked up very tough, that sort of thing) it would obviously (IMHO!) be tax deductible - just the sort of thing the client needs to hear as part of a MS job!

EDITED TO SAY: Sorry UKmonkey, I have no idea how I missed your enormous post, first time through, and managed to post here!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • flyer
    flyer Posts: 2,215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did that include the time it took to eat it as well? ;):rotfl:

Nearly! How do you spin it out for 20 minutes after that? :confused:
    Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure