The Mystery Shopping thread - VIII

Options

Comments

• owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 June 2009 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Hi all, hows it going? I've had a pants week, hence not being around on here. I was on my way to do two jobs last Saturday and had an accident in the car, someone (pedestrian) decided to cross three lanes of traffic - two were stationery and was fine, my lane was flowing (in the opposite direction) and she smacked into the wing mirror of my car. One poorly car and one poorly pedestrian. Worst thing was that she was carrying a baby and was only about ten feet away from the pedestrian crossing :mad:. Luckily she only had minor injuries and the baby was fine. I was so shaken up though. The police and ambulance people were fantastic though and basically, it was not my fault at all.

I tried to reschedule the two jobs I had and got a snotty email from GYP saying no way, because I had rescheduled twice already :confused: (I hadn't). And Abai were also unsympathetic saying no can do, we need it doing sooner (offered this Sat). Well, as luck would have it, I had a phone call from GYP from a lovely lady, who said no problem and rescheduled it for me! The Abai job I had to release was still on there today, so I have nabbed it again. I couldn't believe the attitude though. I know they need the jobs doing soonest but a little bit of sympathy would have gone a long way.

I wish I had read the thread before going out tonight. I did a stamp job early (after checking today was ok, but didn't reschedule because I wasn't certain I would have time) and have come back to find todays date has disappeared. I would have seen the discussion if I had read it sooner. Now waiting to hear from GYP to see if they will put todays date back for me. Hope I don't have to redo it.

Oh well, rant over. Hope you have all had a better week than me x
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • bankypanky
    bankypanky Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    owlet wrote: »
    Well, as luck would have it, I had a phone call from GYP from a lovely lady, who said no problem and rescheduled it for me! The Abai job I had to release was still on there today, so I have nabbed it again. I couldn't believe the attitude though. I know they need the jobs doing soonest but a little bit of sympathy would have gone a long way.

Oh well, rant over. Hope you have all had a better week than me x

Sorry to hear about your week, owlet! sounds absolutely disastrous. I'm just thinking that you should be careful about your future posts as you've probably identified yourself to Gyp - can't be too many of us who've had your awful experience - assuming you told them about it when you re-scheduled?

All better now, you are back in the fold:T. I never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of some people - and with a baby too....:mad:
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    hi owlet glad you and the pedestrians are all ok. this things are hellish (i lost a family member from a bad road accident so it's in my head every time i go in a car now) so thank goodness it wasnt anything serious.
  • johnny_c-l
    johnny_c-l Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did a stamp job early (after checking today was ok, but didn't reschedule because I wasn't certain I would have time) and have come back to find todays date has disappeared. I would have seen the discussion if I had read it sooner. Now waiting to hear from GYP to see if they will put todays date back for me. Hope I don't have to redo it.

Hi owlet; what a week!

I had the same GAP issue last week and they replied after about 12 hours and rescheduled it for me - no problem at all. I'm sure they'll do the same for you :)
  • em1979
    em1979 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    :huh: I can't see any jobs on RE for NW? Is all the work down south at the mo?
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    em1979 wrote: »
    :huh: I can't see any jobs on RE for NW? Is all the work down south at the mo?

im in se and cant see anything either :rolleyes: on a better note the one at gatwick that i and TG and im sure others have endured for weeks has finally disappeared :j:j:j
  • kman
    kman Posts: 572 Forumite
    Options
    The thing is, though, people sign up and don't necessarily ever do any jobs for them. I've just counted and I've got 37 people on my referral list and only one of them has actually done a job for them.

I've only ever referred 3 people - they've all done jobs, but I only received the referral fee for one...:rolleyes:
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    Options
    bankypanky wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your week, owlet! sounds absolutely disastrous. I'm just thinking that you should be careful about your future posts as you've probably identified yourself to Gyp - can't be too many of us who've had your awful experience - assuming you told them about it when you re-scheduled?

I did think about that TBH, but I am really not worried. I only pick up their jobs when I am going to be in town doing others. They are good for stamps and the odd pizza though :) Thanks for the concern!
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • bankypanky
    bankypanky Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    I did think about that TBH, but I am really not worried. I only pick up their jobs when I am going to be in town doing others. They are good for stamps and the odd pizza though :) Thanks for the concern!

No worries, as you've said many times before (it was you, wasn't it?;)), they do have a marvellous selection of high quality MS jobs with some prestigious companies - it is always a pleasure to deal with them, isn't it? yum, yum, I say!!:rotfl:
  • IlonaRN
    IlonaRN Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Grr... forgot to take a picture of the store I visited for RE today! I could go and do it now, but since it's pitch black, not much would be visible! Should I just ring them in the morning, or should I upload a blank image so I can get to the receipt part of the report?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure