The Mystery Shopping thread - VIII

Options

Comments

• brryssn
    brryssn Posts: 544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    josie wrote: »
    It is worth signing up, even if they don't take you on, tho, as they send you quite a few 1st class stamps anyway, for your trouble. I'm sure someone will post the link again. It was on here about 3 threads ago!

I've also just been re-contacted last week to ask if I'm still interested. I said yes, so will see how it pans out.

I've been on the Royal Mail Postal Panel for about a year & some weeks its just two or three to post, and enter the ones I receive, other times it can be quite a few more than that, but worth it I think for all the stamps that you get! We use loads so they come in handy.

I often get asked to do an "extra" posting, & you get a book of stamps just for sending that one, & I've won three times now in the daily prize draw (£10 shopping vouchers). I'm still waiting for the £750 monthly prize!!

I also do another type for them every couple of months, & you get £6 in shopping vouchers for that one.

I know recently they were looking for more Business people to join, but don't know if they need ordinary households at the moment.

Their email is: [EMAIL="postalsurvey@research-int.com"]postalsurvey@research-int.com[/EMAIL] so anyone interested can ask if they need people in your area.
    ;)
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    Options
    bankypanky wrote: »
    No worries, as you've said many times before (it was you, wasn't it?;)), they do have a marvellous selection of high quality MS jobs with some prestigious companies - it is always a pleasure to deal with them, isn't it? yum, yum, I say!!:rotfl:

ROFLMAO :rotfl::rotfl:
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    thanks brryssn I have emailed them - good to know about the business option too for when I FINALLY have my little venture up and running :)
  • brryssn
    Options
    angel13 wrote: »
    thanks brryssn I have emailed them - good to know about the business option too for when I FINALLY have my little venture up and running :)

I think you have to have a Franking machine for the Business one - not sure.
    ;)
  • brryssn
    Options
    IlonaRN wrote: »
    Grr... forgot to take a picture of the store I visited for RE today! I could go and do it now, but since it's pitch black, not much would be visible! Should I just ring them in the morning, or should I upload a blank image so I can get to the receipt part of the report?

I'd do that - they will then phone you to say "It's blank, can you send another through?" In the meantime you can take one tomorrow when it's light!;)

I only know this because one of the torso shops I sent through was blank when they received it for some reason - this was a week later that they phoned & I sent it through again right away & that one was OK.
    ;)
  • jdan9
    jdan9 Posts: 674 Forumite
    Options
    johnny_c-l wrote: »
    Further to the earlier answer, when you click submit a warning pops up reminding you that it's over the limit. Obviously this is fine so just click OK. When you get paid do check that it's correct; they've messed it up for me a few times (got sorted in the end though).

I didn't have a box for putting the fee in, it was just standard text. And it was the usual fee, not the higher one I agreed. I'll just have to wait for my pay and see if it's right or not...
    Dan
  • johnny_c-l
    johnny_c-l Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jdan9 wrote: »
    I didn't have a box for putting the fee in, it was just standard text. And it was the usual fee, not the higher one I agreed. I'll just have to wait for my pay and see if it's right or not...

Aaah, I see. When I last had an extra fee arranged I was told that the fee was non-negotiable but they could arrange extra mileage. I didn't need extra mileage but we agreed on £x of extra mileage to compensate the fee (if that makes sense!). So I had to put in a higher than usual mileage on the claim form. I guess that since your AM arranged things in a more logical way (i.e. the extra fee actually being a fee and not classed as mileage) it would have to be manually inputted by TNS. Maybe worth just emailing AM to check.......I'm cynical of their organisational skills given my previous experience!
  • Hollypear
    Hollypear Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    Options
    brryssn wrote: »
    I'd do that - they will then phone you to say "It's blank, can you send another through?" In the meantime you can take one tomorrow when it's light!;)

I only know this because one of the torso shops I sent through was blank when they received it for some reason - this was a week later that they phoned & I sent it through again right away & that one was OK.

OMG Bryssn please tell me you didn't send one of your !!!!!! photies Dave took of you.

Hi all sorry have been mega busy lately and going to take ages to catch up here.

Firstly I have only the last 2 weeks gone back to MS'ing and kept getting emails then phone calls from RE. So I did one today. A mobile phone shop...child protection enquiry...anyone done one. B*****y thing wont submit as it is asking for a receipt.

Why why why it is a non purchase visit.

In case you have missed me ( probably most haven't noticed or hoped I had snuffed it) I have a funny story. You all know I work in A*** now. One of my customers is a teacher near another A*** which is in a less than savoury area of Glasgow. She took her PR 7 class on an educational trip to see around the shop. (What they will learn doing this.God knows.) As they were being taken upstairs they passed the rogues gallery......pics of the locally known shoplifters.

Now think Billy Connolly here. One yelled out " There's my mum" And another "There's my Uncle Peter"

We don't have one in our store. It is after all opposite Bryssn's hacienda. But come to think of it maybe that is where her missing RE pic is.

So hi again I have missed you all.
    Clique member no 1.:D
  • uuteeaitch
    Options
    Hi!

Can anyone tell me how I can get started as a MS?

Thanks.
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    Hollypear wrote: »
    Firstly I have only the last 2 weeks gone back to MS'ing and kept getting emails then phone calls from RE. So I did one today. A mobile phone shop...child protection enquiry...anyone done one. B*****y thing wont submit as it is asking for a receipt.

Why why why it is a non purchase visit.

HP I am new to MS still but when I did a phone call for RE I had exactly the same thing as I did not have a receipt. I cant open screens to check what I did but theres something on the screen where you change the option to no photo. I hope this is of some help and hopefully someone else will be along soon who can tell you how to do it in detail:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure