🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Mystery Shopping thread - VIII

Options

Comments

• angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    uuteeaitch wrote: »
    Hi!

Can anyone tell me how I can get started as a MS?

Thanks.

hi read the first page of this thread - there is a long list of companies you can register with and the basic equipment you will need. As you get registered with places if you have any more questions just ask:) lots of us are also newbies:o
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    Hollypear wrote: »
    O

In case you have missed me ( probably most haven't noticed or hoped I had snuffed it) I have a funny story. You all know I work in A*** now. One of my customers is a teacher near another A*** which is in a less than savoury area of Glasgow. She took her PR 7 class on an educational trip to see around the shop. (What they will learn doing this.God knows.) As they were being taken upstairs they passed the rogues gallery......pics of the locally known shoplifters.

Now think Billy Connolly here. One yelled out " There's my mum" And another "There's my Uncle Peter"

btw this is very funny :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:and why oh why would they go for a school trip there -i used to have to literally drag my son around when he was little so he would have refused point blank to go on a dull trip like that:D
  • aplaceinthesun
    Options
    MOrning all

HP good to see you , you have been missed !
    I did one of those RE visists (altho the shop didnt have the foggiest idea of what I was interested in knowing about ....) , there is an option on the receipt page , a drop down box, where you can select no receipt given. HTH
  • aplaceinthesun
    Options
    I did have a giggle too about the rogues gallery , and yes , why oh why take a school trip there.... :eek:
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your accident Owlet. You must have been shaken up.

I'm laughing at the rogues gallery too. I do merchandising in stores and sometimes have to go through the back office bit to sign in. I find it amusing looking at the MS reports on the notice board, especially if it's one I've done :rotfl:
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Hollypear
    Hollypear Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    Options
    MOrning all

HP good to see you , you have been missed !
    I did one of those RE visists (altho the shop didnt have the foggiest idea of what I was interested in knowing about ....) , there is an option on the receipt page , a drop down box, where you can select no receipt given. HTH

Thanks for that. It is so long since I did an RE job I forgot that.

I found the same with the "team member". He was totally not interested in child protesction on mobilles and after 5 minutes he looked bored. I have reflected that in my report but that is his own fault.
    Clique member no 1.:D
  • mharzuk
    mharzuk Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    Options
    :jNice to see you back HP, you have been missed.
    Couldn't think of anything witty to say so just keeping the space until I can :(
    Stripper No 7 in HCSC :D
  • Loolabell_2
    Loolabell_2 Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    Hollypear wrote: »
    Thanks for that. It is so long since I did an RE job I forgot that.

I found the same with the "team member". He was totally not interested in child protesction on mobilles and after 5 minutes he looked bored. I have reflected that in my report but that is his own fault.

Welcome back!! :D

I done a few of these before and actually done one on Wednesday, very hard to try and get them to talk about that as all they want to do is get you to buy another phone!!
    But yeah there is a drop down menu to say no receipt given, i nearly s*** myself when i was back home and that option came as i had forgot to buy sometihng or take a photo :rotfl:.
  • pinkprincess39
    Options
    Morning all!
    RE gap jobs. I use a digital watch for my timings...down to the second as requested. But the receipt I get then shows a different clock time. So i adjust my times to reflect the receipt time (but still keeping the same gap times between queing, being served etc!) do you think this is ok?
  • TractorGirl327
    TractorGirl327 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!
    RE gap jobs. I use a digital watch for my timings...down to the second as requested. But the receipt I get then shows a different clock time. So i adjust my times to reflect the receipt time (but still keeping the same gap times between queing, being served etc!) do you think this is ok?
    I always go by my own timings, because I know my watch, or time on my mobile, is correct.

If their till is, eg, 20 minutes fast, and you put you were there at 11:20 when you were really there at 11:00, they could check the CCTV and then they could say you weren't there and not pay you.

If this is the case, I always mention in my notes that the till time is obviously wrong - it's doubtful they'll have put it right in the meantime so it's easy for them to double check.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport