We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Monday 4th May 09
Comments
-
Pink - hope you feel better soon x
Frugal - those cookies look delicious!(save one for me;))Do what you love :happyhear0 -
Very lazy day here....got Chinese for dinner which was very nice....enough for to-morrow too with something else added to give it a twist of some kind.
Had a phone call about an hour ago from an old friend of OH's who lives in San Francisco.....strange thing is that he has never rung us before...in 40 years! We would ring him sometimes and we would meet if he were here or we were in SF....still trying to work out why he rang, am sure there was a reason but he didn't say anything so am mystified....had just been talking to someone about his late wife this morning so it all seems rather strange....maybe its just my Irish sense of weirdness acting up!
Sleep well all
MarieWeight 08 February 86kg0 -
Afternoon all,
Beth...glad to know that you take a day off now and again(!)
Not only did we take a day off, we didn't bother to get dressed into day clothes after showering, just got back into night/eveningware and kept the shutters shut and the blinds drawn. Now enjoying a glass of vino colapso.
(((((( you and Ulrick )))))
Oh I so love a Jammy Day!!!! So do the kids we quite often do it on a weekend when the weather is bad. A snuggle on the sofa with some munchies...my idea of heaven x:AAlthough I get lonely :shocked: as a single mother there are always two smiling angels ready to give me the biggest hug in the world. Love you babies :grouphug:
Fear is a disease....Hope is it's only cure!0 -
Thanks Pink, I haven't been anywhere much. My house is huge and very old (project) and ds is only 4, so sometimes my brain is so befuddled by the time I have a chance to sit down, that I just read and go.
Also, my OS tends to be more what I didn't do, rather than what I did IYSWIM (like MSD said the other day), as in I didn't buy any ready meals etc. I also didn't throw away the rest of the pack of spring greens we bought the other week, even though the pack said they weren't suitable for freezing. They were fine, even after their visit to the freezer.
Edited to add that I'm not sure why spring greens need to come in a packet anyway, it just means you buy 3 times as much as you need for 2 people. I wonder why Asda doesn't sell them loose, or perhaps I've just answered my own question?0 -
PINK, Wow you're a star, thanks so much for the links, the cheesecake will be made tomorrow as I have cream and mascaponie that can be used. Will have to buy more goodies for the other recipies
. Wanna pop over for puds?
TAPLADY, you wont believe the amount of Maltesers that didn't make it anyway near the cake. Oooooppps I can hear some falling out of the bags and DH catching them. :rolleyes:
See you all tomorrow. x0 -
TERESITA, I luuuurv snuggly clothes days, we don't get many but wen we do, it is bliss. Not often we shut the world out and chill,slob,relax.

Enjoy whilst you can do it.
I loved the days when our girls were on school hols, we all used to read, watch tv, snuggle on sofas with duvets, play card games, puzzles. oh happy days when the nest wasn't empty.0 -
Hi
Thank you all for the welcome. Not been too bad a day despite the weather. Got some feed for veggies which are looking a bit anaemic (OH paid:D). Long, long day at work tomorrow but all organised for it, so chilling out now with a glass of wine and waiting for 24.
Probably won't have time to post in the morning so will wish everyone a good day now.
xGC April 93.92/5000 -
Hi everyone
Back from the BH weekend on the east coast near Bridlington. Gorgeous Saturday:j , not bad Sunday:beer:, but windy and cold today as we left.
Been really good and v.expensive £15 for the whole weekend!! :beer:including a bring your own meat & drink BBQ (salad, pasta, bread provided) and the use of a marquee for 3 day/nights with heating!
Tomorrow the get organised hat must get back on.
Night all
DGMember #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?0 -
Hi I'm very late posting today - sorry.
My Dad goes for his surgery tomorrow morning at 7am so Mum & I are very worried tonight. I'm going to have a browse around for half an hour and then follow the kids up to bed I think. We got some bad, but strange news, yesterday. My MIL is on the same ward as my Dad! What are the chances????? She has had a heart attack and her diabetes is playing up, mostly because she doesn't control it very well. It's strange going to the hospital and seeing both of them.
I'll sign off now as I'm worried & likely to get rambling. Catch up with everyone in the morning xxxA G&T a day keeps the doctor away
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
