We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Monday 4th May 09
Comments
-
Morning all,
We all had a great time celebrating DD1's B/day y/day. The mega choc cake I made went down a treat.
DB2 phoned last night to share his joy about his DD1 having had a baby girl on Saturday, Know the feeling
. Our DD1 and his are so close and I'm sure their girls will be the same as there is only 8wks between their age. We are truly blessed having 2 beautiful babies. :j
DB2 wants to come and stay with us again, yippee.
Bedding washed and on the line, BM nearly finished and I've vacumed downstairs rooms.
Having roast duck (YS) & veg for dinner, will cook enough for DD2&SiL2b and take it to them, means I can se DGD2 8wks old today.
Plan to get back to re-pointing the outbuilding, only 1 wall to do.
Another 4 B/days in the family this week so must get the cards & pressies sorted, it's an expensive month.
Off to catch up on y/days thread. Hope you all have a good day.0 -
morning all
raining here, glad I cut the grass yesterday :A
planning a quiet day today, DD2 is going swimming with a friend , so i will have to take her there
DD1 is going to make mini meatloaves for tea
( a barefoot contessa recipe she saw on the tele) with mash and brussel sprouts with pancetta nomnomnom
sunnygirl hope ddad is a little better
penpin hope you enjoy your sausage mcmuffin
essex girl fudge brownies sound lovely
grandmasam hope the weather stays fine for your picnic- sounds a lovely idea
off for some breakie
hope everyone has a great day0 -
Morning all.
Grey and a bit drizzly here (the weather I mean not me!:rotfl:) Hope it might lighten up a bit later as want to do a bit in the garden before we go to flat clear again.
Christening yest was really lovely, baby gorgeous and beautifully behaved. Lots of chatting to friends and relatives, eating, drinking and little (and by end of day, some not so little) ones doing Irish dancing!!!:D
Wm on for second time - may have to hang around the house if weather does not improve (trying not to use tumble dryer if poss). Fish pie for tea, which I have not made before(always used to buy ready made) so fingers crossed! If I get time I want to make some carrot and coriander soup to take to work tomorrow - we shall see how day pans out.
WS hope you are feeling a bit better today. SunnyGirl hope your DD is OK
Diva :hello:
Pippa-wrap up warm - its alot less than 34 degrees here!!!!!!
hugs to all who need or want them
Have a great day
xxx"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!0 -
Hello folks - haven't posted but have been reading some days. Thinking of all who are having trouble (((hugs)))
DH home today after a week away. Stripped and washed our bed yesterday but couldn'#t be bothered ironing and making it up so I slept in DD's old room last night.
Plans for today - making up our bed, bit more weeding, walking doggies (although older one's leg has been slightly dodgey again twice so will have to play that by ear), menu plan for this week from remnants of freezer.
We have the estate agent coming on Tue to measure up and take photos, also get the HIP started. I know you can do it cheaper by yourself but right now just need to get it done so am happy getting it done through them.
Enjoy your Bank Hol everyone
w0 -
morning all!
Just off to the carboot to find some bargains! bit overcast here.
Have refreshed the page but Martin is still the same
Not sure whats for dinner yet, will search the freezers later.
Washing in the machine.
Teenagers still in bed - plus one who is visiting.
Martin Shaw was his usual gorgeous self last night:happyhear:D
Thats about it for now. Back later xDo what you love :happyhear0 -
Morning everyone. Got a nice day planned today - if the weather holds I shall be weeding the borders ready to put some tubs down in the next few weeks. Going to plant tomatoes and peppers, methinks, so there should be some lovely veggies later in the year for me to make sauce with

My Wii Fit tells me I've lost a pound today (yay!) and I've managed to do 15 minutes of yoga. I think that with the gardening will be my exercise for the day! Homemade Lasagne (from the freezer) with garlic bread tonight will make things nice and easy on the cooking front, and from the looks of it I need to do a freezer inventory to see what I've got. I can see inside it now, so now's a good time as any and I think it is due for a defrost anyway.
I've been quietly cracking on with my cross-stitch (but not getting anywhere fast). I used to take it into work so I couldn't go into town and spend at lunchtime, but I slipped somewhere and need to get back into the habit of doing that. And if I could only stop myself popping into Mr Ts on the way through town to the bus station on the way home (looking for YS stuff) then I'd be laughing! Hopefully this is my month to get things back on track. I've got to do a little bit of surfing today to find some non-alcoholic cocktails for my hen night next week. Should be fun!
(((hugs))) to those in need, and I hope everyone has a good day.
x Frugalswan xContinually trying the Grocery Challenge. Gotta keep trying!0 -
Morning all

Christabell - arggh - bank holiday buses! I got up all early to get the bus to work then found I had to walk the 3 miles - was not what I needed first thing
There is a sporadic service here in the evening though, so I can get home.
:rotfl: at Martin's photo, that made me giggle this morning.
The washing machine is making clunking noises - we phoned the agent who was supposed to send somebody round last week to fix it (and of course didn't show up). I am worried that they will try and charge us for it though - the machine is very old (I'd reckon it's not been replaced since the flat was built - so 9-ish years). We stopped using it the moment it started making noises. I only do half loads anyway (as I can't dry any more in one go) so it's not been caused by overloading and I clean it and the filters out regularly. I am really worried what they will say as we really can't afford for them to say it's our fault
Work is very quiet - only two of us in the whole building according to the sign in book (building houses +200 people most days). I will go and check on them in a second (safety thing).
OH went mushroom hunting yesterday on his own whilst I was at work (I think he's getting a bit obessive :rotfl: ) and came back with St George's mushrooms and a couple of morels. He was very pleased.
Dinner will be something with more potatoes I'm sure. have a good day all, cel x:staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin:starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:0 -
Hi everyone:hello:
Do you mind if I join in? I've been lurking on and off for a while and am now an OS newbie as you can see with lots to learn! I think this community is fantastic and have had a lot of pleasure and help by reading lots of threads.
Day off today, having worked the weekend, and intend to get into the garden shortly and plant out more veggies. Bit of a slow start today after a BBQ yesterday with a glass or two of wine:o
Dinner will be roast chicken which will have to stretch over the next 2 days - probably salad tomorrow and curry Wednesday.
Right, off to get BM going and OH out of bed:D
Have a great BH!GC April 93.92/5000 -
Morning all.
Feeling more with it this morning and not so exhausted. DDs are still in bed though so obviously need to catch up on their sleep.
Dreaded mouse / mice ?? managed to evade the mouse traps but I noticed some poison had been eaten during the night. I hate mice :mad: [Sorry to those who like them but eurgh!]
Weather's not too bad at the moment, although it's looking a little grey so not sure if it's worth getting some washing out.
Our plans for today are getting in the kitchen to do some baking. DD1 really enjoys cooking so I'm sure there will be something sweet on the list.
Enjoy your day all
There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter0 -
Morning,
I don't often post on here as I don't have the time but today all my plans have been thwarted by rain (was hoping to paint an exterior wall) which is good because I need a relaxing day! Of course by 'relaxing' I mean pottering around doing as much as I normally would but as I don't have fixed plans it feels more relaxed!
I fetched a huge amount of rhubarb from the allotment on Saturday which needs sorting ready to freeze and maybe I'll make some rhubarb crumbles for my team at work. I don't think I'll fit it all in the freezer.
Due to a barbeque yesterday, I have lots of leftovers. We have HM uncooked turkey burgers which left lots over which I'll turn into meatballs and freeze, two packs of uncooked trout fillets, salad, potatoes and some cooked chicken which we'll probably have for lunch. Add into this the prawns that need eating today as they were a YS buy and some leftovers from Saturday and we have a lot of food which needs eating today!
There are also two half full bottles of wine leftover so I guess I'll have to finish those too.
I've got a bit of sewing to do today too; I want to sew the button back on my winter coat and hide it away until I need it again and I've got an irrepairable top with lots of sequins and beads that I want to take off to re-use.
Two new mouths to feed now as we bought two sharks yesterday for our tank. When I say bought I mean stole, as the lady didn't charge us for them and I didn't realise as I'd bought lots of other stuff from there too.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards