We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Monday 4th May 09

1246

Comments

  • Hi all I hope your all having nice weather it's a usual bank holiday here - raining:rolleyes:

    Well I've had a busy morning here so far I have cleaned the house through and am about to have an afternoon baking. Yesterday I made a huge batch of chicken casserole so I am going to make some pies with them for the freezer. I am making some sausage bars for lunch and then the bread needs baking and the cakes making for the lunch boxes. Tonight I'm just going to relax in front of the TV with my stitching as I have some gifts I need to make.

    Have a lovely day everyone
    £370/£300 April challenge :T:T
  • Teresita_2
    Teresita_2 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Hi!!

    Weather here is awful too. Typical when I have time to do something with the boys. Wii games and cuddles it is today. Waiting for OH to get his finger out and come to see us. He was out on the razzle with the lads yesterday so it probably wont be a pretty sight!

    OS wise nowt much planned. Gets really akward staying with my folks. Tried to get them menu planning and stuff but it just doesnt wok at all. Can't wait for the boys and me to get our own place.

    Hopefully the weather will get better later even if its just for a walk. The boys get really bad cabin fever if they dont get out (and drive me up the wall!!)

    xx
    Although I get lonely :shocked: as a single mother there are always two smiling angels ready to give me the biggest hug in the world. Love you babies :grouphug:

    Fear is a disease....Hope is it's only cure!
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Sorry - DS has just explained it to me - I feel verrrrrrrry dim :p
    I've just got it!! -he isn't dressed up on my screen though (thank goodness).
  • Teresita_2
    Teresita_2 Posts: 222 Forumite
    I'm still lost with the star wars thing. Someone has posted on facebook too and am completely blank about it x
    Although I get lonely :shocked: as a single mother there are always two smiling angels ready to give me the biggest hug in the world. Love you babies :grouphug:

    Fear is a disease....Hope is it's only cure!
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Teresita wrote: »
    I'm still lost with the star wars thing. Someone has posted on facebook too and am completely blank about it x
    May the Fourth be with you;)
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I am making some sausage bars for lunch


    Sausage bars? I love sausages and this sounds potentially yummy. Any chance of a recipe? Thanks.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    managed to book 4 free tickets to see 'last chance harvey' at the cinema courtesy of sky :j:j really pleased 'cos I never normally get bargains

    DD1 has just made a prawn pasta salad it was delish, she is going to make mini meatloaves , mash and veg for tea. I am so pleased she is interested in cooking
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2009 at 2:20PM
    Teresita wrote: »
    I'm still lost with the star wars thing. Someone has posted on facebook too and am completely blank about it x
    It's from Star Wars - "May The Fourth be with you" (may the force be with you). ;) Just imagine a Jedi with a lisp! :D

    A bit cold & windy up here and very overcast so no washing today. I spent all day yesterday taking it in and out avoiding the showers so in the end I just put it on an airer and kept lifting that outside.

    OH is at the hospital having his dialysis, DD is under the quilt watching the bank holiday films on TV so I'm just going to have a pottering about day doing this & that.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Afternoon All

    Miserable Bank Holiday weather here:rolleyes: Nan's just gone out with sis to give Mum a break.

    Job hunting again today. Seems a never ending task.

    Breakfast was cereal, just about to have a toasted cheese sandwich and will have chicken, mushrooms & rice for dinner.

    Hope everyone's ok
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Afternoon all
    Weather is cold here today so went to B &Q this morning why i dont know it was heaving but got some bits for the decking then took neighbour and DD2 to the craft shop and on to the cheap farm shop round the corner.
    DH and I had a look for a new(second hand) car but think we will leave it for a bit as they wanted too much money per month
    other than that we will be having indoor BBQ as we still have some bits left from yesterday
    Have a good evening will try to catch up with you all tomorrow when kids are back at school and DH at work
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.