We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Monday 4th May 09

1356

Comments

  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

    Beautiful day here :T, we are off in the kayak today, (bargainbird, we had the first outing last week) all three of us are going today, with little dog going to a new river, its quite complicated where you can and cannot go, you have to have a permit if its not tidal :rolleyes:.

    Any hoo, got dd's bedding in the wm, will get that on the line before we go, OH is just making toasted sandwiches for breakfast. I have a chicken in the fridge to roast later, with new pots and salad.

    I have a part baked ciabatta to cook and take with us, with cheese and ham, will stop on the bank and have a picnic.

    Sunnyday, with your roller blind, you have to make sure that the cord in slotted into the little hole at the bottom, not explaining it very well, but as well as it being on the notches, it has to go through the hole, not sure if that has helped at all :confused::D

    Pippa, welcome back xx

    Kjsam, welcome xx

    Ok better get off, have good days all xx
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Try refreshing the page Essex-girl. He's dressed like a Jedi :rotfl:

    Bye for now, CM x

    But why :confused: What am I missing :o Need to run; I'll post properly later ..............

    Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Morning all:hello:
    Haven't posted in ages as have been very busy with my new DGD.She stayed over on the weekend and snorted all night like Peppa Pig, bless her, she is a good baby though:D:D
    Was going to a car boot today, but it is pouring, so am popping to mums with the baby, and taking her to see my 90 year old great aunt :D:D
    OS wise I have made a lentil curry for me and mum and we can pop to the asain bakery for samosas etc.
    Have a fab day everyone, and REDRUBY enjoy the sailing :D:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

    (Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Nice to see you candygirl, and DGD is gorgeous!

    ((((HUGS)))) to everyone.
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Morning all
    Chilly & overcast here today, but we've been pottering in the garden since 6 so we can spend the rest of the day indoors. I got the washing dry outdoors yesterday so that's all the clothes done for next week.
    I shall put my feet up with a cuppa now as I'm still trying to recover from the last couple of weeks at work.
    Have a good day.
    Hugs Hester

    Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning Chums ,had a great baking session yesterday and made a lovely Victoria Sponge cake which I filled with pineapple jam for a change, then iced and gave to my eldest DD. she texted my last night to say how yummy it was .Strange really as she had always said she hated pineapple. i also made the most delicious lemon drizzle cake and I just had to have a taste last night and even though I say it myself it is wonderful.
    Today I am going to make some of twinks hob-nobs and possibly a coffee cake if I can find a decent recipe for one .I used to have a lovely one that a friend gave me and it was so simple but I
    've lost it and sadly my pal has died so I can't ask her again I know it used camp coffee instead of powder but I can't remember the ratios, so it will be taste as I cook I think as too much make it go bitter.
    Weather not as warm as yesterday but at least its not raining.Have a good day everyone and if anyone knows a quick and easy coffee cake mix that I can knock up please [ost on here
    JackieO
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Nice to see you candygirl, and DGD is gorgeous!

    ((((HUGS)))) to everyone.
    Thanks hun, that's her Elvis impression lol:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

    (Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    But why :confused: What am I missing :o

    Sorry - DS has just explained it to me - I feel verrrrrrrry dim :p

    Chucking it down here, but that was forecast, so we've spent the last 3 days outside :T We may go to the cinema this afternoon, if we can find a film we can all agree on :rolleyes:

    I've made a minestrone for lunch with HM sun dried tomato rolls from the freezer. Vegetable risotto with HM pancetta for supper.

    Have a great day, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Morning everyone :hello:

    Wet and verrrrrry windy here today so gardening is out of the question which is probably just as well as the house has been getting little more than a swish and swipe for the last week. :o

    I have 2 loads of washing on the pulley. Just need to clean the bedrooms and bathroom. Will hoover through if I'm not tooo knackered.
    I have a hospital appt tommorrow which unfortunately involves a four hour round trip. :rolleyes: I'm leaving early to get the car into the garage while I'm in the big smoke.

    Need to do a proper meal plan and then go to Lidl for some bits and bobs.
    Having chops with mash and purple sprouting brocolli from the garden and will make a sausage casserole for tommorrow as I'll be away so much of the day.

    Was a bit dissapointed with Martin Clunes' Island programme last night. I don't feel that he did justice to the islands he visited. :confused: Our ferry tickets arrived on Friday for our summer trip to Mull so the girlies are excited about going back there.

    Churchie. Enjoy the barbie. :D
    N9eav. I know what you mean about the supermarkets. Although Aldi and Lidl take cards now they still don't accept Amex. Lots of people don't as they charge more.
    Beth and Candy. Enjoy your DGDs.
    Welcome Kjsam. :hello:
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Bit of a damp one here today.

    OH is trying to fix the cold tap on our bath which wouldn't turn off last night.

    I've just made a big batch of potato scones with leftover mash from last night. OH is very suspicious-'are they soup scones?' :rolleyes::D Nobody's eating the soup muffins:whistle::confused:

    Leek and tayto soup for lunch I think and Pizza Tartiflette for dinner (pizza with creme fraiche, onions, bacon, potato and cheese). Creme au chocolat for dessert. Feeling a bit francaise aujourd 'hui.

    A bientot ;)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.