Great “Improve Money Rules In 50 Words” Hunt. What easy changes for our politicians

Options

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,071 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PixiePie wrote: »
    NOT all 08 numbers cost you more, indeed 0845 numbers can be charged at local rate and therefore SAVE you money. I wish people would stop tarring all businesses with the same brush on this one.

This is carp - give me your geographic number and it is free to call from my mobile whereas your revenue sharing 0845 (if you have got a decent deal) will cost me about 25p/minute and you will not get my business.
    I think....
  • VeeW
    VeeW Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    dvs wrote: »
    Prevent surcharges for using any debit card for online transactions

Where there is no alternative method to pay (such as paying in cash) the surcharge becomes a forced charge and therefore should be factored in to the cost. Debit cards do not incur a percentage fee and cost as little as a fee pence to process and not the £5 some online companies (airlines) are charging.
    I was recently charged a fee on my debit card that was equal to that I'd have paid using a credit card (Thomas Cook)
  • VeeW
    Options
    zaffre4 wrote: »
    I think it's insane when we hear people going to prison indefinetly but they can be out in three years. Sentances should be fixed once agreed and the only option should be an extension for bad behaviour. They commited a crime after all. and no matter what good behaviour they do afterwards alters that fact!
    I so agree the B*****D that murdered my son walked in 3 yrs. However I'd go further & say the only place he should have walked was to the hangmans noose
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,071 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    <QUOTE>Originally Posted by Butterfly Brain viewpost.gif
    • Put Road tax on Petrol so that those who use the roads the most pay for it - Just have a disc supplied with the MOT to show that it is roadworthy
    </QUOTE>
    Pulled this one out as it may have been lost in the multiple post but makes sense to me - administratively simpler, fairer and greener.
    I think....
  • VeeW
    Options
    PixiePie wrote: »
    NOT all 08 numbers cost you more, indeed 0845 numbers can be charged at local rate and therefore SAVE you money. I wish people would stop tarring all businesses with the same brush on this one.
    Still costing money over and above inclusive calls/minutes. SAYNOTO0870.COM
  • VeeW
    Options
    Bigmike wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, however, here goes:

"MPs should not allowed to award pay, bonuses or expences to themselves. An independant board, group of people, should decide the MPs financial remuneration, perhaps with feedback from their constituants."

Bigmike
    Sounds fair to me, after all no-one else (unless self employed) can do this
  • VeeW
    Options
    teddyco wrote: »
    Use the internet to set up a personal website for each citizen that would be linked to their National Insurance number, and would give everyone the ability to vote for basic motions that went before the House of Commons.

It would also be used to allow voting during all elections which would end low voter turn-out.

We currently trust the internet to buy and sell goods and services worth billions each year, why not our vote and political opinions?
    Not everyone has access to a PC or know how to use one even if they can get to their local library
  • rpb
    rpb Posts: 131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Scrap ID cards and use the vast sums of money they will cost/are costing on something worthwhile... Anything, in fact!
  • MARKdown_2
    Options
    It should be a permanent law (unless voted out by the people rather than the politicians) that MPs get pay that is directly related to the minimum wage. Perhaps MPs get 3 x min wage, members of the cabinet 4 x min wage, and the PM 5 x min wage. :mad:

This would mean we only get politicians who really care about what they are trying to do for the country, rather than what they are doing for themselves. :rolleyes:

You can also bet that they would decide to double the minimum wage within a few years. ;)
  • VeeW
    Options
    Remember the single and the childless by choice.

It seems that when it comes to making things easier for folk, those in power forget the above and concentrate on those who are married with kids. As great as that is, everyone is contributing so help should be given to all.
    I agree tho' I had children who have grown up. I'm on limited income but qualify for no additional help/gov. schemes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure