Great “Improve Money Rules In 50 Words” Hunt. What easy changes for our politicians

Options

Comments

• stellanini
    Options
    Scary interest rates on doorstep loans oppress poorest borrowers. Outlaw and police interest rates over 10% , huge penalties for doostep collectors, replace with credit unions eg on Council estates.
  • VeeW
    VeeW Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Ebernezer wrote: »
    It is suggested that only 1 in 6 pays for prescriptions. At £7.10, this makes it very expensive for those who do pay.

Make ALL prescriptions chargeable at £1. This will make it less of a problem for those who do pay, but £1 ought not be too much of a burden for those currently enjoying free prescriptions.

It might even change the habits of some who collect free prescriptions yet never use the medicines.
    Good idea but still could be a problem if someone needed several medicatons regularly. (I pay for prescriptions)
  • VeeW
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    Sorry for chatting (again) - while I would prefer your idea, or for everyone to get it free, at the moment I pay around £10 monthly for an annual prescription certificate. It's cheaper than buying each prescription when I need it. Whenever prescription charges are mentioned on MSE there are always people who didn't know you could pay monthly, so I thought it might be worth mentioning - perhaps one of martin's rules could be that all chemists could display a poster explaning the options - or the front and back of the prescription could make it clear to people.
    Lloyds (in Scotland anyway) do have a poster at the counter
  • VeeW
    Options
    I'll second that one.

"Bring England into line with Scotland and Wales and Make prescriptions free for all"
    prescriptions whilst coming down in price are NOT yet free in Scotland
  • Uffin
    Uffin Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Limit Number of Utility Options
    · To restrict “confusion marketing”, utility providers (gas, electricity, landline phones, mobile phones) to be limited to a maximum of ten current tariff options with a maximum of twenty in any 12 month period. Companies must also give the annual cost for each tariff for three different typical users.
  • VeeW
    Options
    • Investigate why credit card companies charge over the odds on interest - even when the interest rates are at an all time low.
    • Stop subsidising Scotland and Wales
    • Free prescriptions for long term illnesses such as Asthma
    • Investigate Tax breaks for the rich ( With a good accountant they pay less tax than a low paid cleaner).
    • Scrap the TV licence - it is outdated and overpriced when everyone has to now pay to go digital.
    • Put Road tax on Petrol so that those who use the roads the most pay for it - Just have a disc supplied with the MOT to show that it is roadworthy
    Most important SACK THE GOVERNMENT!!!!
    You're having a laugh. Subsidise Scotland? We have been subsiding you lot for years & still you whine:mad:
  • VeeW
    Options
    MP's Expenses
    Stop all MP's expenses and increases the basic salary to £80,000. this will do away with the Fees Office, stop unjustified claims, reduce costs and convince taxpayers that there will not be a repeat of the present fiasco.
    Are they worth £80,000:rotfl:
  • VeeW
    Options
    dvs wrote: »
    I know this might be unpopular with some but

Balance transfers prohibited on credit cards

Credit cards should be for purchases and not shifting money around. If companies want to take on your debt, they should offer you a loan which at least has a repayment date. Credit cards can take a lifetime to repay. In the current economic climate, many people are finding themselves stuck with high interest rates and no new accounts to transfer balances to.
    If you do it right you save money so why not? Why pay interset if you don't have to? Personally I just pay it off when a/c comes in know it may not always be possible
  • VeeW
    Options
    dvs wrote: »
    Make Royal Mail deliver post earlier in the day. It's so unproductive to have post delivered either after you have gone to work or so late in the day if you work from home and rely on the post.

They managed fine for years so why are they unable to do this now?
    Because now they can charge you to ensure your post arrives early (before/@ 9am I think)
  • VeeW
    Options
    Saucepot wrote: »
    Every bank account should come with a free nudie calendar of the tasty lasses that work on the counter and feature none of the munters.
    Find this suggestion very distasteful & presume you are a sad singleton with good reason
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure