We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sub Prime Credit Thread Part III

1…719720722724725…804

Comments

  • TheEffect wrote: »
    HUGE thanks to N-I-D!

    A HSBC underwriter phoned today and said they've granted my request for a £100 overdraft via my appeal letter. It's showing up online now. Yippee!

    See it worked out in the end.
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Well after months of applying for an iPhone, I finally got accepted!!! :j

    I have applied for a HSBC Current account still no joy and I got the same response from Halifax and Vanquis too.:mad:

    Vanquis have also turned me down. :mad:

    I want to appeal these decisions. Does anybody have the postal address for HSBC, Vanquis, and Halifax, for their Underwriting departments? :confused:
  • sutton111 wrote: »
    Well after months of applying for an iPhone, I finally got accepted!!! :j

    I have applied for a HSBC Current account still no joy and I got the same response from Halifax and Vanquis too.:mad:

    Vanquis have also turned me down. :mad:

    I want to appeal these decisions. Does anybody have the postal address for HSBC, Vanquis, and Halifax, for their Underwriting departments? :confused:


    Well done mate - although the N97 is way better than the iPhone (in my opinion!) but then i'm a nokia boy and also get more for my money! :D

    The letters the lenders wil lsend you will have the addresses..... did you ever send the letters off that I done for ya?
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

    Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • TheEffect wrote: »
    HUGE thanks to N-I-D!

    A HSBC underwriter phoned today and said they've granted my request for a £100 overdraft via my appeal letter. It's showing up online now. Yippee!

    Nice one matey - now you gotta get the credit card sorted and you're away! :beer:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

    Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I knew you would say that. I love the iPhone. It's brilliant. IMO ;)

    I never heard back and I completely forgot to be honest. I haven't been on for weeks either.

    I have Halifax address, I rang them up for that.

    Do you have HSBC address? :confused:
  • sutton111 wrote: »
    I knew you would say that. I love the iPhone. It's brilliant. IMO ;)

    I never heard back and I completely forgot to be honest. I haven't been on for weeks either.

    I have Halifax address, I rang them up for that.

    Do you have HSBC address? :confused:

    Yes mate - I posted it earlier in this thread. ..... hang on a min!
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

    Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yes mate - I posted it earlier in this thread. ..... hang on a min!
    Cheers. :D
  • kadiea
    kadiea Posts: 77 Forumite
    Just applied for the vanquis card, however I doubt Ill get it!

    1. No previous records with any CRA
    2. Over my £0 overdraft
    3. Not on Electroal Register 'til Dec 09 :rotfl:
    - HSBC Premier - Mastercard £9,000 - Overdraft £6,000 - MBNA Platinum £3k (£2,500 @ 0% SPENT) - American Express Platinum £6,100 - Coutts Classic Card £5,000 - House Of Fraser Recognition Mastercard / Santander Cards £250 -

    - Bank Americard Limit $3100 - Citi Mastercard Limit $700 - WalMart Discover Card $2,500 Limit -
  • sutton111 wrote: »
    I knew you would say that. I love the iPhone. It's brilliant. IMO ;)

    I never heard back and I completely forgot to be honest. I haven't been on for weeks either.

    I have Halifax address, I rang them up for that.

    Do you have HSBC address? :confused:

    Mate - you know you usually have 30 days in which to appeal? Good Luck anyway - at least you got the iPhone :D

    HSBC
    Chartwell House
    365 Chartwell Square
    Southend-on-Sea
    Essex SS99 2UU
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

    Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks.

    Is that just for bank accounts or every type of application?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.