Problem with Hermes Delivery Services

Options

Comments

• rushman1uk
    Options
    dino698 wrote: »
    hi all i work for hermes as a self enpolyed driver and i mke a profit of 300 pound a week and only do a maxium of 6 hours a day so people saying about they are not good to work for should think twice now to the people about missing parcels every parcel is now scanned from the company to use then scanned again to come to you so they are record all the way if your cataluge company cant tell you were a parcel is then it is them that have not done there job right in the first place as i said earlyer every think is scanned so there is no way parcels can go missing so that i seem to be going on that we get the blame we have been so much bizyer with lots of new clients so personally i think we must be doing are job right thanks

Ever heard of punctuation?
  • rushman1uk
    Options
    We get stuff delivered and left in a dirty, smelly bin! That alone is bad anlone but when it is bin day and the delivery idiot puts the parcel in the bin for 'safe keeping'! Well, it ends up in the back of the bin waggon, going to some landfill site. Just glad i can get either my monies back or another item sent using a different courier.
  • angbrads
    Options
    This thread is very interesting reading. I'm expecting my elc delivery which ws due last tues but no sign of it. Called them, they say the courier Hermes says there is an error with postcode. so the guy on the phone googles my PC and my address appears easy. so I've emailed hermes so has elc and now i'm hoping they get their finger out and get back to me asap. one of the items i ordered was a gift for a birthday yesterday, so that will be returned as i don't need it any longer. I hope this isn't gonna be the start of a stupid lengthy ordeal!
  • CEM_3
    Options
    ok looks like i have become victim of this bunch of cowboys as well...we ship pacels all over the country for business but i had to send one to highlands & islands (yep that is postal speak for north of perth) anyway parcel was tracked and last i saw was it was left at porch:confused::confused:..... the client has a locked porch so what was done is it was left on the doorstep, our client was away for 3 days and on return contacted me looking for her delivery, she expected a card through the door saying it was with a neighbour or to call a number to arrange collection

spoken to the agent we use and all they can do is raise an investigation..... with the amount we pay them i want a signature at least..... not £400 worth dumped on the doorstep for all who wander past to take.

not sure where to go next as all i am getting from our agent is" we will call you when we hear anything form Hermes"
  • donna1888
    Options
    I have been trying to sort problems out way them since moved in september i didnt no they changed there name i am missing £1,272 worth of orders from fashion world, simply be and books direct and also were ever or whoever they have gave my orders to have used my details for a £410 order thats also missing i am at my wits end i have been telephone and emailing these companys every day and no one wants to listen or sort this out the driver has told the companys these parcels have been left in my shed and porch wot a joke i live in a close with 10 flats and no door entry as it ajoins a pub but trying to get anyone to listen to me is unreal now these order have been charged to my account and i have been told if i dont pay wot there asking for i will get a default against my name and may result in getting blacklisted its unreal WHY ARE THIS COMPANY GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
  • rossco43
    Options
    Came in from work last week and a blank my hermes card had been pushed through my door. I have been waiting 5 weks for 1 item of furniture from Next home. The delivery driver must have been really quiet as my Mother in law and my dog never heard them!!!
    Anyway on phoning Next home they tell me that my item is still not in stock so what were the delivery company doing?
    Point is, why put a missed delivery card through someones door and have absolutely no contact details written on it?
    Now I have a piece of furniture somewhere in Hermes land?
    Bunch of Nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered something from Debenhams on line on the 25th Nov, I have been chasing the delivery of it ever since.

Apparently it has been attempted to be delivered now 3 times but no note has been left, today it is listed as being dispatched and I just know that it will not arrive and no note will be left

I had the biggest !!!!!! from Debenhams on the phone today as finally I managed to get through to them, she kept on saying that they could not contact Hermes, again I asked why they could not contact a company that they were in business with, she kept on insisting that they could not, I even asked if the CEO of debenhams had Hermes number to which this woman said NO :rolleyes: so I have got nowhere except a large phone bill

I will not order from Debenhams again if this is the way that they deal with people but also because the courier company they use are useless and are not contactable

It makes you wonder how these companies stay in business
  • nickysel
    Options
    My local Hermes courier is a gem:A& delivers loads of stuff to me. Never used them to send stuff before now, though. I just shipped three enormous parcels of Xmas pressies to different parts of the country; two were delivered in 3 days; the 3rd is out for delivery today...........all at about half the cost of RM. Tracking system's brilliant - I knew exactly where my parcels were at every given moment. And I didn't even need to wait in for collection - left them in my 'safe place' & came home to 3 receipts posted through my door. Plus they deliver week-ends & evenings. It probably does depend on the local courier..........but I have to say there are at least 3 (& hopefully 4!!) really efficient ones that I know of! (And, although I didn't pay extra for signed delivery,both of those delivered so far have been signed for):j:j:T:T:T:j:j
  • charlienotman
    Options
    Heh....I'm really nervous now. I'm expecting something from Thorntons for a Christmas present for a relative. I can only hope it comes in time (I thought Thorntons would use someone better like Citylink or DPD?). Checking on the tracking site:

19/12/2009 11:34 Courier to Re-attempt
    19/12/2009 03:48 Out For Delivery To Courier

This gives the impression that they've attempted to deliver it, although there's no card, and we've seen no one.
    Scary thing is, our address is quite hard to find, some couriers with GPS find it hard at times. I only hope since the courier should be local he'll know the area.
  • charlienotman
    Options
    Ok, my things arrived today (Thank god!), but what I was disgusted to see was, I was upstairs on the computer and I heard him coming, so I went to the window, peering out, I looked inside his car, I could see boxes being threw around the car in an attempt to find mine. Some of them were hitting the front windscreen. I can only hope mind isn't damaged (As it's already gift wrapped).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure