PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

where the OS magic happens!!!!

Options

Comments

• Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    loopy - love your kitchen - and your doggie :D
  • ocemeer
    ocemeer Posts: 414 Forumite
    Options
    Oops

right here it is again,

http://www.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=38653496/PictureID=1116271355/a=39700829_39700829/t_=39700829
    for those with an enquiring personality:rolleyes: this was when I bought the cottage, it has gone through having no floor and wall and is just about ready for some serious diy and decorating so is a shell atm. kitchen planned (just got to fit a friends kitchen and bathroom as well as do our house at the same time) so may be some time before finished product
  • loopylass
    loopylass Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou
    we had the kitchen fitted last year its still isnt finished i want to put some tiles up along that wall where the cooker is and paint it dont know what colour yet lol
    i didnt hardly have any cupboards in my last kitchen so its nice to have so many so i can put things away and all the appliances are in cupboards mind you i still think the DW is a cupboard lol
    and my dog is my baby (cavalier king charles) 4 years old
    he was sitting nicely there because he wanted a biscuit lol

loopy - love your kitchen - and your doggie :D
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A lot of these dont look totally 'lived in' !!!??? Or am I the only one who didnt have a tidy up b4 taking the pictures? I can't believe that people's kitchens are that showroom like I am shocked!!!

I quite like mine as it is, the high ceilings and so on, I must say I would rather have the huge floorspace some of you have!

In my parallel universe my ideal kitchen is nana's with her New world gas cooker(sort of yellow enamelled thing), pastel blue and lemon kitchen cupboard with a melamine top, containing striped bowls and a 1950s milk frother, her pantry, those vinyl seated chairs she had, and her in her pinny (home made) getting me to pick the stalks off the raisins :) If only she could know how trendy her kitchen would be nowadays;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Iguana
    Iguana Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    loopylass wrote:
    [
    i hope this works lol
    last pic is of my dog lol

He's cute!
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what a great thread!!! i love looking at other peoples houses lol. might get brave and post a pic of mine !!!
    November NSD's - 7
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sarahsaver wrote:
    A lot of these dont look totally 'lived in' !!!??? Or am I the only one who didnt have a tidy up b4 taking the pictures? I can't believe that people's kitchens are that showroom like I am shocked!!!

;)

Mine looks like that when I've given it a good cleaning. I either let things get really messy (as opposed to dirty) or I do it 'properly' ie I think I'm a bit anal about 'a place for everything and everything in it's place'

You should have seen it Friday afternoon - DW wasn't big enough to cope with all needing washing so dirty pots by sink, 8 bags of shopping on the floor, SC on the side gurgling away, remains of lunch stuff still out and me running around and hopping over everything like a blue arsed fly trying to get tea ready :D

And yes - all my tins face forward and all go in a set place :o I spent a long time when I first moved in deciding where everything was to go so I could lay my hands on anything I wanted, blind-folded (as long as I'd moved the shopping and didn't kill myself falling over kids toys on the floor :rotfl:)
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sarahsaver, love your kitchen, I like the lived in look, feels homely, much more os, than an immaculate mfi job.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My kitchen is reasonably tidy most of the time but I'd do a bit of tidying if I was to post on here. Just got too much stuff and not enough cupboard space, despite having a new kitchen fitted in the Summertime. My flat haemorrhages stuff no matter what I do. Mainly kids stuff.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport