1235»

Comments

• Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    juehankie wrote: »
    quote; The reduction from 20kg to 18kg seems to be irelevant here

i wouldnt have been charged if this wasnt the case. its totally relevant:rolleyes:
    sorry if i am missing something here but you said you were 3kg over the 18 ,making 21kg ,which means you were 1kg over weight at the old rate anyway

its an easy way for cheap airlines to make money im afraid
    why dont you buy some travel scales ,you can pick some up for about 5 quid ,they are a godsend to be honest
    Have a nice day :)
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    :hello:
  • claire6hy
    claire6hy Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    fs a 3 day holiday, just wondering if you took the kitchen sink with you???
    THANK MEEE:j
  • sat_mad
    sat_mad Posts: 79 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    itzmee wrote: »
    I booked tickets with BMI Baby in January (we fly next week) and it said that baggage allowance was currently 20kg but would be changed to 18kg from April. I have always assumed that this will apply to me so I will be taking 18kgs of luggage.
    I've booked a flight this week via Opodo that involves BMI on the first leg of the trip - the baggage allowance that is stated under that part of the flight itinerary is marked as 20kgs? :rolleyes:

I Googled 'BMI luggage allowance', and the first link says 20kgs (can't post actual link as my post count isn't high enough)
  • ozon78
    ozon78 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 June 2009 at 10:32AM
    Options
    This is what amazes me. We regularly fly Ryanair and can easily go for up to 10 days on 10kg each. We hire private villas where there is invariably a washing machine if you do run short of clothes.

Some people cannot leave home without taking every bit of clothing, every pair of shoes, matching handbags, plus the kitchen sink.:rolleyes: I have never seen the point of this - who the hell do they think is looking at them all the time to make sure they don't wear the same frock twice?:confused:

For a 3 day break 10kg is more than enough for anyone. What the hell do they take?:o

Taste/style/hygiene??

If one shops at Primark, eats Tesco value meals, flies only Ryanair and can ‘go on for 10 days on 10 kg each’ – it does not mean that (a) this is necessarily a good thing to do (b) everyone should do it.

I would strongly recommend some critical engagement with the ‘life skills’ literature (try amazon?) to grasp the concept of ‘respect for others’ so that you ‘amazement’ at the fact that some people ARE different will evaporate as time goes by? Though, from what you say, one might assume that books are not quite your penchant; among all other things – they WEIGH a lot!

Oh...it may be quite difficult to imagine depending on personal circumstances, of course, but there are people who are (a) attractive/good-looking/handsome and (b) who attract looks...:-) sorry if you are not one of them; yet again - there's literature on how to cope with this:-))) happy reading!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    ozon78 wrote: »
    Taste/style/hygiene??

If one shops at Primark, eats Tesco value meals, flies only Ryanair and can ‘go on for 10 days on 10 kg each’ – it does not mean that (a) this is necessarily a good thing to do (b) everyone should do it.

I would strongly recommend some critical engagement with the ‘life skills’ literature (try amazon?) to grasp the concept of ‘respect for others’ so that you ‘amazement’ at the fact that some people ARE different will evaporate as time goes by? Though, from what you say, one might assume that books are not quite your penchant; among all other things – they WEIGH a lot!

Oh...it may be quite difficult to imagine depending on personal circumstances, of course, but there are people who are (a) attractive/good-looking/handsome and (b) who attract looks...:-) sorry if you are not one of them; yet again - there's literature on how to cope with this:-))) happy reading!

Nice friendly first post, there, ozon78. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll make many friends on here.
  • juehankie
    juehankie Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    claire6hy wrote: »
    fs a 3 day holiday, just wondering if you took the kitchen sink with you???

theres always 1 !! :T
  • everyotheridwasused
    Options
    sat_mad wrote: »
    I've booked a flight this week via Opodo that involves BMI on the first leg of the trip - the baggage allowance that is stated under that part of the flight itinerary is marked as 20kgs? :rolleyes:

I Googled 'BMI luggage allowance', and the first link says 20kgs (can't post actual link as my post count isn't high enough)

If its BMI as opposed to BMI Baby then you will have a full 20kgs allowance.

They are separately run airlines with your own individual allowances. BMI, who you will be flying with if booked on Opodo, are a full service scheduled airline, whereas BMI Baby are a shorthaul, low cost airline similar to Easyjet / Ryanair.

Hope this clears it up!
  • juehankie
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    But if you read some of the replies to your original post, I'm not the only one who "just don't seem to understand'. :confused:

I just hope that you have more luck getting BMIBaby to understand your letter.

Do let us know when you get your requested £27 refund. :rolleyes:

oh just found this old post - i did get the refund plus £25 off next travel with bmi for the lack of notification to the changes. xx result.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure