BEEN DECLINED - Appeal Letter Template

Options

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Great post! Too bad I came across this only after I've sent off my own appeal email..

Who's post - this thread is from 2013!
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm gonna try appealing for the Halifax Clarity Credit Card. Anyone has much success with appeals with Halifax recently??

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
  • andyfromotley
    Options
    Yes, we have seen posts from a few people who have successfully appealed Haifax decisions. They seem to sometimes to be very tight on approving Clarity Cards in particular and people have had this reconsidered on appeal.
    £1000 Emergency fund No90 £1000/1000
    LBM 28/1/15 total debt - [STRIKE]£23,410[/STRIKE] 24/3/16 total debt - £7,298
    !
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Provisional offered a Halifax Card. Just need to phone in now. This appeals thing seems to be working!

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
  • appeal letter is a formal letter so it will demand you to keep certain standards and use formal language as well.

The first paragraph line. In the first opening paragraph establish your purpose. It’s not the place for the long and mundane stories. Cut out all the details that seem important to you but which the opening paragraph still able to exist without.

The second paragraph. Finally, this where you write the story. State the subject matter in chronological order, focus on the facts and arguments, involve the new facts that might have changed the outcomes if they were taken into account.

The third paragraph. This part should deliver the reason why your letter should be taken into consideration. Explain why the reasons appear as unfair and why you should get the second chance for the improvement. Don’t afraid to quote and reference here.

The final paragraph. Summarize all the mentioned facts and make your final statement. Write the outcome that you wait for and reconsideration result that you wait to get. Don’t forget to thank for the attention and Include your contact information.
  • pepper33
    pepper33 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just been refused a loan of £10,000 from our local CU.
    I have never missed a payment for a loan I had of over £10,000 and finished it and kept saving. They have given me smaller loans to pay upfront for car insurance, holidays, and to get my car through MOT.
    I provided my credit report, which has a CCJ on it from 2015, which I am paying off.
    I had two burglaries in 2010, and had to foot the bill for two cars, within 6 months. I took really ill in 2012 with PTSD, and fell behind a bit with my mortgage, paid half the amount. I complained to FOS about the fact that Santander not letting me arrange a payment holiday, and the harrasment I got every day. I got back to work, but unfortunately the Nationwide CC took out a CCJ without my knowledge.
    I do not have any credit cards since 2015 and have been allowed a cheaper mortgage rate, which helps a lot, and Santander have allowed me to apply for this, as I paid my arrears and the FOS did come down on my side, and fined them.
    However the CC in which I have been saving £150 a month, and can afford to pay more, only to be declined.
    I requested a loan to replace my car which is over 12 years old, and it is costing me more to keep her on the road
    I also was going to do some home improvements. My credit score could not be given as apparently I have no credit cards.
    Also the CC have sent me notice that I am only allowed to save 100 a month, because people are not borrowing!!! Its no wonder no-one is borrowing if they turn down people who are saving with them and have plans to pay it back quicker than 5 years
    I am housebound at the moment, as I had an operation, so therefore I cannot visit them. would it be worth appealing or just withdraw my savings, as £1200 a year is not a lot to save,and therefore disabling me from borrowing large amounts.
    :mad:
  • BorisThomson
    Options
    pepper33 wrote: »
    I have just been refused a loan of £10,000 from our local CU.
    I have never missed a payment for a loan I had of over £10,000 and finished it and kept saving. They have given me smaller loans to pay upfront for car insurance, holidays, and to get my car through MOT.
    I provided my credit report, which has a CCJ on it from 2015, which I am paying off.
    I had two burglaries in 2010, and had to foot the bill for two cars, within 6 months. I took really ill in 2012 with PTSD, and fell behind a bit with my mortgage, paid half the amount. I complained to FOS about the fact that Santander not letting me arrange a payment holiday, and the harrasment I got every day. I got back to work, but unfortunately the Nationwide CC took out a CCJ without my knowledge.
    I do not have any credit cards since 2015 and have been allowed a cheaper mortgage rate, which helps a lot, and Santander have allowed me to apply for this, as I paid my arrears and the FOS did come down on my side, and fined them.
    However the CC in which I have been saving £150 a month, and can afford to pay more, only to be declined.
    I requested a loan to replace my car which is over 12 years old, and it is costing me more to keep her on the road
    I also was going to do some home improvements. My credit score could not be given as apparently I have no credit cards.
    Also the CC have sent me notice that I am only allowed to save 100 a month, because people are not borrowing!!! Its no wonder no-one is borrowing if they turn down people who are saving with them and have plans to pay it back quicker than 5 years
    I am housebound at the moment, as I had an operation, so therefore I cannot visit them. would it be worth appealing or just withdraw my savings, as £1200 a year is not a lot to save,and therefore disabling me from borrowing large amounts.
    :mad:

What income do you have?

You can get a reliable cost for far less than £10K.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Use your savings.

Credit Unions, like anyone else, are under no obligation to lend, especially to people with poor credit histories.
  • pepper33
    Options
    What income do you have?

You can get a reliable cost for far less than £10K.

£23,163 a year, I work full time
  • pepper33
    Options
    I know that, but I already had borrowed from them and declared my CCJ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income