BEEN DECLINED - Appeal Letter Template

Options

Comments

• plumber2009
    Options
    "Not sure about Virgin aka MBNA."

MBNA are very shrude when it comes to lending, but may as well give the appeal's process a go. Got nothing to lose.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all

I was wondering wether anybody has been sucesfull in reinstating suspended credit card accounts.

I was able to reinstate my suspended capital one classic card back in feb 2008 and they reinstated my £1100 credit limit and then upped my limit to £1700 on my 4th statment. I did this by making a payment of £250 upfront to help clear some of my outstanding balance of around £800.

I am looking to try and get my barclaycard reinstated as this was a 6.9% apr fixed for life card.
    Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this and are there any template letters available to send to them to consider my request.

I have paid back over £1400 over the last year and there is only £250 outstanding. I have a payment arrangement of £6.00 a month at the moment.

Many thanks:o

I don't know about Barclaycard but when I help my OH (about three years ago) clear arrears on his Capital One card and Halifax Classic VISA card we just called them up and said "here's the arrears and a little on top, can you send out a replacement card now pls?" and they did!

Halifax had upped the APR to 22.9% in light of the arrears but dropped it to 17.9% after six months of clean running with the account. Both had also reduced the credit limits to just a smidge over what the balances were after the arrears were cleared. £550 for Halifax and £800 for Capital One if memory serves ;)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2009 at 2:50AM
    Options
    I'm thinking of appealing MBNA. However I have a few questions.

I have a student overdraft which has been used for stoozing, so do I explain that or just miss it out completely? I have also just opened a Capital One card but actually want to keep that one (if any I'd get rid of Natwest because they’ll only give me £350, Cap One will give me more sooner or later).

Also regarding searches, I've said it's to make use of Student offers, not sure how else I could explain that though!!

I also have an ISA so I'm thinking of mentioning the amounts in that and the latest deposits and printscreening the current balance (don't get paper statements with Natwest) and saying how deposited half of my SFE income into it in Oct and intend to do the same in Jan (so that it seems that I am secure financially to be able to commit to that). Also sending my last 3 O2 bills and copies of my Student Finance income. I also have strange circumstances regarding incomings (a positive in terms of being accept though), so I'm thinking of mentioning that too? Along with a section on me being a full time student (as another thread says they will accept full time BSc Hons students), but all of this means I drift from the template quite significantly!!
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Hiya

Don't worry about this - you're fretting over nothing! MBNA really don't care, simply apply and see what they say before pre-empting a response to a decline lol..... you'll be fine!
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • ARTooD2
    ARTooD2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I do have a question...See where you say to send in payslips etc. Do these have to be originals or will copies do? If I do get declined and appeal I would just be wary that they wouldn't send them back
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    ARTooD2 wrote: »
    I do have a question...See where you say to send in payslips etc. Do these have to be originals or will copies do? If I do get declined and appeal I would just be wary that they wouldn't send them back

Photocopy them - if they demand originals send them - they will return them ok.... :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • plumber2009
    Options
    Turned down for co-op current account.
    Sending my appeals letter with bank statments, copy of credit report and credit card statments and copy of wageslips.
    Hope to get decision overturned.
  • madnes
    madnes Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    10 yrs ago I had credit problems. Being young and reckless I would get credit cards and fail to repay the balances or pay on time, often being chased through debt collection agencies. I have no outstanding defaults on my credit score nor have I received any CCJ's.
    I now find it hard to get credit from mainstream lenders.
    I have appealed lenders decision. Often by emailing the CEO's and the complaint being passed to customer relations they have agreed to overturn the decisions.

Halifax loan, £3000.00 - Declined Dec 2008 - Overturned Jan 2009
    Natwest Credit card - Declined Feb 2010 - Overturned March 2010

It does make me wonder tho how far back to lenders look. My last missed payment was over 6 years ago, yet my past still haunts me!
    I am on a comfy salary and my out goings are nothing to shout about. I took a crapone card last year and repay the balance in full each month but my credit options seem very basic.
  • ARTooD2
    ARTooD2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Just sent off my appeal to Aqua...hopefully be a happier response than the Vanquis decision in December....Not hopeful though :p
  • madnes
    madnes Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    ARTooD2 wrote: »
    Just sent off my appeal to Aqua...hopefully be a happier response than the Vanquis decision in December....Not hopeful though :p

Good luck, Don't worry about Vanquis. Part of Provident says it all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure