BEEN DECLINED - Appeal Letter Template

Options

Comments

• pagelad
    pagelad Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Another success for the letter here.

Was declined 2 weeks ago for a Tesco credit card, sent my letter in and just confirmed today i have been accepted today. I just need to send in some original bank statements and utility bills to confirm my identity!
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    pagelad wrote: »
    Another success for the letter here.

Was declined 2 weeks ago for a Tesco credit card, sent my letter in and just confirmed today i have been accepted today. I just need to send in some original bank statements and utility bills to confirm my identity!

Excellent news - thanks for confirming this to us :D:D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • ARTooD2
    ARTooD2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Just phoned up Aqua today to chase appeal. They claimed they had never recieved it :P...Only after half an hour of being passed around the call centre did they eventually "find" it and pass it to the appeals people....GAH!
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    ARTooD2 wrote: »
    Just phoned up Aqua today to chase appeal. They claimed they had never recieved it :P...Only after half an hour of being passed around the call centre did they eventually "find" it and pass it to the appeals people....GAH!

Good luck - keep us updated :D

• .1xp
    .1xp Posts: 170 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2010 at 1:34PM
    Options
    I recently sent in an appeal to Tesco and Sygma (Silver Card).

Tesco have wrote back and asked for past three months bank statements, so I've sent those in.

Not heard anything back from Sygma to date.

Both letters were sent recorded delivery on the same date.

Anyone been successful when appealing to Sygma? Or know how long it can take for them to respond?

EDIT: Tesco have now accepted me, CA arived in the post this morning - £400 limit @ 19.9% - I'm happy, better than nothing :o)
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    .1xp wrote: »
    EDIT: Tesco have now accepted me, CA arived in the post this morning - £400 limit @ 19.9% - I'm happy, better than nothing :o)

Excellent news - like you say, its a foot on the prime ladder so well done :T:T

• ARTooD2
    ARTooD2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Well Aqua still said no...Oh well....Will just have to wait 6 months and try again lol
  • vindicated
    vindicated Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I applied for a student account with Lloyds TSB but have been declined, I was declared bankrupt (suffered issues at work etc) but have been discharged since december 2009 - im assuming this is why they declined me :(

Anyone had any joy with getting decisions overturned by them?
    Any input I provide is purely my own interpretation and is in no way 100% accurate, I will try to help as best I can in all cases.

If you feel one of my posts have helped you in any way please click the "Thanks" button :)
  • BTCC2000
    Options
    I found this thread and sent off a couple of template letters (obviously amending the appropriate fields) and my first one back was from Capital One saying they made a mistake and that my application has been approved. Credit agreement has been sent back to them so I'm now just waiting for my card, thanks to all those that have made an input to this thread
  • chicken7777
    Options
    Lol only just found this thread myself. Got declined by virgin so sent them credit card statement from Natwest and Capital one along with my payslip. I guess i should have sent off my bank statements as they have been well obtained for 5 years straight (since i was 13 xD) and i explained i have direct debits that always clear, have a mobile phone contract on my name just after i was 18, working part time and earning a good wage. Told them "I don't expect some re-evaluation but i just feel a bit heart-felt if this is based on my age". My record is pretty spotless xD. I've built it up real fast in the 8 months I've been 18 and i have £500 credit limit on my Natwest and £500 with Capital One, both who happily accepted me a month after I turned 18. Let's hope Virgin do have some sympathy and evaluate it though xD ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure