PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Hello all
    I would love to join your challange, as I can no longer justify how much I spend.

My month runs from 24th to 23rd of every month. put me down for £300.00

This I know is high for a family of 3 but I will be keeping all my receipts to see where the savings can be made.
    Thanks
    :hello:SadSadJenJen
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]3652140.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello - can I join with £180 this month? It's less than March (and I'll fail March but never mind). I think it's do-able and I need to tighten the purse strings again.
    Ta
    W
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Morning all!
    At last back to normality!
    This week has been a nightmare - travelling allaround Europe with work and no sleep, proper food or spare time. Yesterday was a write off apart from a visit to Mr Ts to do the shop as I returned to an OH with no food (or so he said! Seemed to be plenty of stuff to me!), running low on toiletries and a dog with no treats.

£71 later and we're restocked!

Hopefully, I'll just need to buy fresh stuff next weekend but we do have visitors for a few days but we'll eat out a few times (different budget).

Off to wite a meal plan in a minute - committed the cardinal sin of shopping without a list and not knowing what we really needed - never mind it'll all come in and be used eventually.

One last thing - quite proud of the OH - normally take away night on Sat but I offered to whip up some quick fajitas and he declared that they were nicer, quicker, healthier and most importantly cheaper than the curry we'd usually have! I'm getting through slowly!!!
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hello folks
    Been MIA the last couple of months, sorry.
    MrsM, please will you put me down for £400 for April?
    I'm aiming for the budget to do all food/groceries for 3 adults & 1 toddler, bus fares & lunches for teenage DS & petrol/phone top ups for me if it'll stretch that far! Month runs from 1-30 April, my shopping habits are erratic, but will try to do big shop to fill freezer etc every week to 10 days. Got odds & ends in freezer & pantry, so hoping this week's bill won't be too bad.
    Lots of changes afoot workwise, & new baby due mid-October, :eek: so pulling in spending now before it really hurts!:D
    A x
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • Hi

Can you put me down for £75pw which is to include diesel also.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Hi

I would like to join this challenge. Can you put me down for £120 this is for OH and me. My month runs from 1st to 30th.

Thanks

DC
    Mortgage: £59709.77 (26/08/17) Now £58683.93 MFD Nov 2033
    Current OP Savings £3952.68.
    Milestone no 1 reached 07 Dec 17. Working towards milestone no 2 net debt £50000.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    right im definately in and WILL stick to it this month i havent dont a shop yet and probably wont today as i still have guest til im not sure when but i have food in the house so will make some for lunch tomorrow and snacks (this is were my money is going) so im going for a NSD today if i dont go do the shop :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    good morning....its bright here but cold...we still need to sort out our clocks...have changed a few but not all which makes life confusing

we just had roast pork for lunch...it was nice ...we had jelly for pudding which the kids love...i like to put a bit of tinned fruit in but i didnt have any so it was just jelly...still nice though

now my budget...im going to bring it down a bit as now for 2 months i have come in under so im going for £150 for 2 adults 1 ds and toddler still in nappies....also all cleaning and loo rolls...we dont drink so no alcohol and we have given up takeaways so thats a saving...um im not sure if that is too low...will give it a go and see what happens

good luck this month
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • Ok, have been MIA from the grocery challenge for ages, but really need to rein in my spending now. Could you put me down for £120.00 please MrsM.
  • nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can you put me down for £130 for April please
    My month will be running from the first to the 30th for me, OH and ds. Cheers
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income