Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone

Options

Comments

• adamnsu
    adamnsu Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Sent Nokia N95 8GB. Passed the test. Quick payment to a/c.

Back cover was knackered and was a bit worried. Got lucky this time I guess
  • safcrob
    Options
    Traded a phone in on 17th Jan. Posted on 18th. They haven't received it yet!

Went on to the site and they are currently quoting a much lower price for the model I have sent them. Can't help thinking that they are deliberately acting slowly so that they can offer the new price...

I'm sure this is not the case, but it has crossed my mind and it is still a niggly thought.
  • bumblesquat
    Options
    I requested a pack on 12th Jan & received it 3 days later. I posted the phone Freepost in the post office the next day so I got a certificate of posting. I kept checking the website and they hadn't received it but today I had an email to say they were testing it and almost immediately another email telling me all good and they would process full payment so it took 3 weeks in total, but for freepost I can't complain at that. I would use again.
    :wave:
  • viczye23
    Options
    I emailed envirofone in the middle of February 2011 and put a Read Receipt on the email to make sure they got it.

Today (9th March 2011) I received an email saying that the email I sent envirofone had been deleted without being read.

I think that I will never be using this company again. I emailed an enquiry as to payment for my phone and they didn't even have the courtesy to read the message.

In future I will just sell my phones via ebay, I know I won't get as much but at least I won't be using envirofone.
  • vixxxen
    vixxxen Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I posted off my old blackberry curve 9300 in the freepost envelope on Monday afternoon (4th April, 4.45pm) and today at 9.15am got an email saying the phone had passed the tests, payment was 'ready' and I would get an email when the payment had been processed...haven't had that yet so we will see :)
  • Kate41
    Kate41 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I sent off my old mobile to envirofone, and although it wasn't worth much (20 odd quid), I thought I'd spend a bit extra and send it using Royal Mail's "signed for" service. Just got a letter from envirofone saying they'd received their padded envelope but it had been opened and the mobile removed - and obviously I won't be getting any payment.

Was initially very sceptical about envirofone's letter, but now I'm cynical about Royal Mail. It's a sad world when there's always someone willing and able to rip you off. I'll send off a claim form to RM, but I'm not hopeful.

Anyone else had this happen? Who's the baddie - envirofone or RM?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    RM. They will pay you; they will write to Envirofone to confirm what happened, but if you send their letter in with your claim to Royal Mail they will cough up. I know - I've done it. you're covered up to about £42 even with normal post.
  • keepsum
    Options
    This is the sixth day from Envirofone receiving my phone, testing and agreeing to pay quoted price and my getting the 'We are currently processing your payment' message.

Emailed them yesterday, (rather than paying 15.3p per minute phone number) not had a reply yet.

This was meant to be an easy and quick way of selling.Wish I had ebayed it instead, I know it takes effort, but have never waited this long for payment before.

How long does it take to process a Paypal payment for under £100?

Whatever the outcome I'm never going to use them again:angry:
  • keepsum
    Options
    UPDATE

Envirofone sent my payment via paypal the day after my post on this thread.

Interestingly, I got the payment and then about 30 mins later received a reply from my email query to their customer services of the day before, which had an apology and stated that their payment terms are 5 days (despite searching carefully, never found the 5 day period mentioned) from passing the testing.Obviously, there would have been less anxiety/aggro if this period had been clearly stated.
    I give them 6/10 for this reason.It would have been 10/10 if they hadn't made this fundamental slip.

Would I use them again?
    Let me just say that I would consider them again if they gave a reasonable time period for paypal payments in their faqs.

The result is the main thing.I got a fair price considering it did cut the hassle of selling (somewhat!) and now I'm free to sell the phone accessories etc, which they don't buy, and recoup even more from the cost of the phone.:D
  • sasim80
    Options
    I've just completed my second transaction with Envirofone (the first being a few years back), and once again I found them excellent.

The day after I posted my latest two phones I received their quote, which was exactly as I was expecting. A few days later the money arrived in my PayPal account.

Would definitely recommend.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport