The Sun £20 Holidays. Holiday Park Review thread

Options

Comments

• nellykim
    nellykim Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We went to Marton Mere last year for four days, and the site was beautiful and clean. No need to upgrade, we only use the caravan as a base to explore the region. There is a reguar bus service into Blackpool and back again. There is a lovely ' wander' around the mere, and Stanley park is a short stroll away, where the gardens and lakes are well kept, and there is a really nice trendy cafe/restaurant in the grounds, licensed too I think.
    If the clubhouse on Marton Mere site is too noisy ( we don't have kids) - or too expensive - then an even shorter walk out of the site will bring you to a really comfortable, clean, value for money pub, where the beer is good and they do great meals. I forget the name of the pub, but it's very popular with site goers.

By the way.. does anyone know the 'code names' required for this holiday, please ?

Many thanks and happy hoidays.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Options
    This is a review thread. Codes are in the first page of this thread : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4685639&page=7
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I've done OK on the online booking. Got Haven at Caister in Norfolk for 3 nights for the first weekend of the October half term for the £39.90. Reviews are pretty decent. We did our first Sun holiday recently so feel pretty good about this one too.
  • Jamie-henson
    Options
    nellykim wrote: »
    We went to Marton Mere last year for four days, and the site was beautiful and clean. No need to upgrade, we only use the caravan as a base to explore the region. There is a reguar bus service into Blackpool and back again. There is a lovely ' wander' around the mere, and Stanley park is a short stroll away, where the gardens and lakes are well kept, and there is a really nice trendy cafe/restaurant in the grounds, licensed too I think.
    If the clubhouse on Marton Mere site is too noisy ( we don't have kids) - or too expensive - then an even shorter walk out of the site will bring you to a really comfortable, clean, value for money pub, where the beer is good and they do great meals. I forget the name of the pub, but it's very popular with site goers.

By the way.. does anyone know the 'code names' required for this holiday, please ?

Many thanks and happy hoidays.

Could you tell me around how much you paid for this as this is where I'm looking to go :) thanks.
  • holidaysforme
    Options
    Went to le croix du vieux pont in france over the half term. lovely site. We were with Keycamp.
    Liked the layout of the park and the lake was lovely. Would visit again, but felt that 7 nights was a bit too long, so would probably do mon to fri next time.
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    Went to le croix du vieux pont in france over the half term. lovely site. We were with Keycamp.
    Liked the layout of the park and the lake was lovely. Would visit again, but felt that 7 nights was a bit too long, so would probably do mon to fri next time.
    Did you do Disney ?

x
  • madlyn
    madlyn Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to go to Haggerston Castle using Sun tokens and every visit was a joy. Nice clean caravans and helpful staff. I also went to a park in Whitley Bay which was up to the same standard but unfortunaltely the caravan was next to a bend on a fast road so we were woken at 05.30ish each morning by either the sound of a tractor or cars taking the bend too fast. The park was nice though.
    This summer I decided to use the tokens to make taking the offspring back to uni a nice break and was shocked at how much more expensive it has become. 4 nights in Scotland £173.00 have to pay for 4 people though.

i'm thinking of going there next year. you would recommend the park and the area then? and how far is the park from the nearest town/village?
    SPC 037
  • holidaysforme
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    Did you do Disney ?

x

No we didn't do Disney, but there's always next time:)

Not sure if we'll do France next October half term, but options are a bit

limited for parks abroad in October. Mind you i always say we probably won't ho to France and we usually do::rotfl:
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    We loved it for a Disney trip as would do alternate ( long ! ) days at Disney and the others just lazing round the site :)
  • Rhysm
    Rhysm Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We have just finished a holiday in Haven Greenacres.

Was a nice site and park with lots to do nearby.

I must say that I was very disappointed with the situation regarding the guest passes.

I paid the money and fully intended to use the guest passes - there were three of us travelling.

On studying the receipt when we arrived I noticed that they had charged for four even though we only completed three names! I understand you have to pay based on a minimum of 4 sharing, however the entertainment passes are an add on.

Furthermore, you can bet your life if there were five of us they would have conveniently read the application form and charged us extra.

I complained to them on principle and was informed very helpfully that they could not refund as I should have raised it before - great.

Unfortnately this left a very sour taste in my mouth so would advise everyone not to make the same mistake.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure