The Sun £20 Holidays. Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oops yeah sorry you may be in Scotland !
  • rapunzelz86
    rapunzelz86 Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can view the parks on offer? The link in the deals note doesnt work even though it says live from today. And, on the sun website, on the oage for the hols, it says "weve even sorted your travel arrangements". what does this mean?
    Thanks.
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    sadeelisha wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can view the parks on offer? The link in the deals note doesnt work even though it says live from today. And, on the sun website, on the oage for the hols, it says "weve even sorted your travel arrangements". what does this mean?
    Thanks.
    http://www.ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk/cgi-bin/UKHS_park_0003.cgi?promo=SUNAUT11&showall=Y
  • Warwick1965
    Options
    I was getting really excited about going to France for October Half term but feel I have been scammed and misled by this offer. I think nearly all the parks available in Brittany / Vendee are either Eurocamp or Siblu. Siblu rep told me today that all their parcs close in late september in France making this offer a complete joke. I would have wasted all 5 of my park choices on parcs that are not even open, had I not double checked. You have been warned!! Does anybody know of any parcs that are open in October In France / Belgium within easy reach of eurotunnel??

ps I wrote to compain to Sun and this is their reply.

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We must advise, as stated in the original paperwork not all parks are available on all dates. If the park operator is stating that a specific site closes on a certain date I'm afraid this is so, it is best to consult directly with that park operator as to what facilities will be open, our documentation does state that some facilities may be seasonal, this is at the discretion of the park and we have no power over it.

We hope you are still able to make a booking with us.

Kind regards,

Sun Holiday Team
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    how is it the SUN's fault that (some) sites close for the season in Sept ?!
    scammed and misled?!! it's up to YOU to check which sites are open and when !

BTW La Croix Du Vieux Pont are open til end Oct,we have been there with the SUN in Oct half term a few times

I know you are annoyed but read back your thread,VERY OTT ! you have the choice of many UK sites,so hardly a "scam or joke " ?!
  • Warwick1965
    Options
    I reiterate, and I don't think I am being OTT, to point out that after looking at every single park in the SUN offer in Brittany, loire valley, and the Vendee not one is open after 24th Sept and most are shut at the beginneing of september. This means that they are not available for most of the dates listed in the offer and that therefore the offer is misleading.
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    I reiterate, and I don't think I am being OTT, to point out that after looking at every single park in the SUN offer in Brittany, loire valley, and the Vendee not one is open after 24th Sept and most are shut at the beginneing of september. This means that they are not available for most of the dates listed in the offer and that therefore the offer is misleading.
    <sigh> that's because the French season in most areas, is shorter than the UK

instead you can take your pick from many many many that ARE available for your chosen dates !

and again I reiterate that this is NOT the SUNS fault !!! or indeed anyone's "fault"

some people just love to moan ! :D
  • debbie_macqueen
    debbie_macqueen Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 9 July 2011 at 2:47PM
    Options
    Hi, As anybody got the codes from Monday and Weds as my husband forgot to buy the Sun.

Regards Debbie :(:(
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    Hi, As anybody got the codes from Monday and Weds as my husband forgot to buy the Sun.

Regards Debbie :(:(
    here you go :

BONUS CODE ( on some priority letters) = CLUE
    Saturday = JAWS
    Sunday = MIND
    Monday = UNIT
    Tuesday = TWIN
    Wednesday = PATH
    Thursday = SWAN
    Friday = DISC
    Saturday = WIDE
  • debbie_macqueen